First 12345 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    OP: What, specifically, annoys you?
    1. Erratic people and their lack of sense
    2. Routines that need to be followed just because they're in the protocol, whereas other more efficient alternatives can be done.
    3. "Shallow" thinking
    4. Religious fundamentalism that's anchored into things that don't make sense.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.8)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.2)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
    If It makes you feel better, I got pretty similar scores and have consistently tested as an INtP.

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.4)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.9)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.3)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.3)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.4)
    good use

Actually, upon previewing them both in the same place, I'm a little disturbed The only significant differences are Si and Ni.

What I will add, and I may come back later, is that much of your statements resonate with me, especially verbal accuracy and focus as opposed to random sociability, and lingering issues regarding self-confidence and, dare I say?, self-competence. I definitely would classify you as introverted with strong external pressure to be extraverted, but I'm much worse at judging P/J issues.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Perhaps INFJ? They are great thinkers too.. and seem to hold back emotion.

They just hide it from prying eyes. It is there, under the surface, waiting to explode...:steam:

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Analyzing the Eight Functions:

The way I interpret them:

Extroverted Sensing -- Do I tangibly recognize the system?

Introverted Sensing -- What do I vividly remember about the events that formed the system?

Entroverted Intuition -- What are the various interpretations of the system and how do they intertwine to have a certain degree of coherence?

Introverted Intuition -- What will Be the eventuality of the system?

Extroverted Thinking -- What are the elements of the system and how was it built?

Introverted Thinking -- What makes the system work?

Extroverted Feeling -- What do I need to do to adapt to the system?

Introverted Feeling -- What is the essence of the system?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The fact that you view it all as being related to a system probably says something about your type... it's looking very INTx at this point. I would guess INTJ, but I have no real reason not to say INTP. It's confusing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    although one typically don't see that much Fi in an INTP.
    How can you see how much of an introverted function somebody has?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

If my interpretation of the eight functions is correct, I would assume that my legitimate banner traits are: Ni, Ne, Ti, and Fi (in no specific order).

Maybe I can use my social life as en example of that system.

I hardly notice the trivialities of my friends (their appearance, etc.) nor I can recall that much the small things that led to my friendship with them, unless I cherish them so much, so definitely, my Si and Se wouldn't be that developed. In some cases, my mind is bogged down with bigger concepts, making me practically unable to notice small things in their physicality, or what led to it.

My Ne and Ni though is pretty well developed since I have a full understanding of the dynamics of my friendship with them, all the possible angles it can be looked at, and possibly even make a good assessment of its eventuality.

Having an anti-social tendency myself, I tend to cherish friendships that I can build.

Te is basically the hardcore data of the forming of the friendship, which reminds me of something like mapping out, charting out plans in building a social life. Personally, I have a bit of a hate working with charts and hardcore numbers because it dehumanizes the system. Not that I'm saying that I'm suck in math, but sheer absorbing of hardcore data is something that I never realistically embraced.

On the other hand, Ti is the analysis of the strength of the friendship, e.g., does the friendship work or not. Basically an understanding of how tyhe friendship works.

We can look at the difference of Ti and Te as something like, Te is the movie maker, while the Ti is the critic. The critic doesn't normally have the ability to make a film. It can be said for a film maker, who may know how to execute things but doesn't have a vision that a good critic can have.

I view Fe is a way of adapting to the group dynamics of the friendship, getting with the program, etc. However, having a strong sense of self (that is, having NT inclinations), prevents me from sucking up to a level that would be considered socially acceptable.

Fi is basically my overall thoughts on myself, the friends that I have, etc. It's basically me identifying their essence as well as my essence. Fi is therefore, interconnected so much to Ne (various interpretations of the friendship), Ni (assessing its possible eventualities), and Ti (knowing the strengths and weakness of it)--arguably a binding force of the other three.

I think I scored low on Ni because I mistaken it as pure precognition, but by using logic and the concept of cause and effect, I think I can make some educated estimates.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.8)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (27)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.2)
    excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
    Your three strongest functions are Ne, Ti and Fi in that order. Most likely you are INTP, but you could also be ENTP or INFP. Either way you are definitely a P and not a J, and if you are convinced you are NT, then that means you are NTP. So basically you just need to narrow down whether you are E or I.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    How can you see how much of an introverted function somebody has?
    You cannot... all you can do is infer based on how they react and what they tell you. For introverted functions, one of the best ways of telling is by self questionnaire... Which is what the functions test's all about. However it's only as good as how much the person taking it understands what they've experienced. It can be flawed... but it's still a good indicator to go by.