User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

  1. #1
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default What if I'm a 6?

    I've had this thought in the back of my head for a while. What if I'm a counterphobic 6 of some kind? I've had people tell me I'm too assertive to be a 9, too confident... and I do exhibit some of the traits of the 6. Like excessive worrying OR a complete lack thereof.

    I dunno. Just been a thought in the back of my head... thoughts?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  2. #2
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah, I can see that for you... you have the kind of edge that is not present in the feel of 9s. Do you find yourself scanning the horizon for danger as a 6 does? I will have to brush up on my knowledge of a 6 before I take this analysis any further. Oh, do you run towards things that scare you? Like, is the fear itself the thing you react to (either running away from or running towards?)

  3. #3
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Yeah, I can see that for you... you have the kind of edge that is not present in the feel of 9s. Do you find yourself scanning the horizon for danger as a 6 does? I will have to brush up on my knowledge of a 6 before I take this analysis any further. Oh, do you run towards things that scare you? Like, is the fear itself the thing you react to (either running away from or running towards?)
    I'm not so sure that I consciously scan the horizon, but when I see potential threats I just seem to know. I either react in a totally phobic way or a totally counterphobic way. An example is when I'm driving... If I see someone that is about to get over I either totally stay out of their way (in fear that I might crash) or I just speed up, totally blocking them from getting over because I want to go! It really depends on my mood. That's just how I approach things.

    I do try to consciously work out my fears. I have a huge fear of heights, and yet I get on roller coasters, climb the light house at the beach, look down when I'm up very high etc. Even though it freaks me out, I want to work that fear out.

    And yes! The fear itself. I want control over it.

    Any other questions would be appreciated. Thanks for the reply.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've had this thought in the back of my head for a while. What if I'm a counterphobic 6 of some kind? I've had people tell me I'm too assertive to be a 9, too confident... and I do exhibit some of the traits of the 6. Like excessive worrying OR a complete lack thereof.

    I dunno. Just been a thought in the back of my head... thoughts?

    haha, you know what? i just met couple of weeks ago INFP and 6 guy.. he reminded me SOOO much of you. that's all i know. am still v confused about enneagram


    he is quite healthy six... and... he is all about modesty and loyality. that's biggest difference between me and him, he think it's arrogant to asume you are best in something, i think -why not? why wouldnt i be the best?- ... since my integration point is 6, i can see why, haha, we are polar opposites in that regard.

  5. #5
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Well, the 6s I've known are all about fear imo. You can't see it right away but upon closer inspection it dominates their lives.

    No worries, I'm a bit of an enneagram fan. But yeah, unless you have a strong 1 wing, (that's a possibility) just from what I know of you online I don't get the 9 vibe from you. I say that because 9s tend to let things slide and I notice that you don't. That being said, if you are a 9, I think one of the biggest giveaways is wanting to merge with some other. Do you feel that way?

  6. #6
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,439

    Default

    You had said you might be part Supine (Phlegmatic Supine, or the neighboring Phlegmatic Sanguine), so that would figure with being a 6. (And seeming to be also a 9).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  7. #7
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    *points and laughs at your dyslexic enneagram indentity*


    have you tried gauging yourself against MPs breakdown of the types?

  8. #8
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    haha, you know what? i just met couple of weeks ago INFP and 6 guy.. he reminded me SOOO much of you. that's all i know. am still v confused about enneagram

    he is quite healthy six... and... he is all about modesty and loyality. that's biggest difference between me and him, he think it's arrogant to asume you are best in something, i think -why not? why wouldnt i be the best?- ... since my integration point is 6, i can see why, haha, we are polar opposites in that regard.
    Interesting. How was he a lot like me exactly?

    I'm all about modestly and loyalty too. I'm thinking that this whole time I may have been confusing the "merging" thing with a huge desire to get loyal bonds with people, sort of a security network (with the sx). I like knowing that I can absolutely trust someone no matter what. That's the kind of bond I like having. I have fears that I can't trust people with my personal life, so I just basically don't say much unless they vibe me right.

    I want to find someone with which I can positively know they won't reject me because of who I am. If I can trust someone with that... then that's all good! (but also seems to be a bit of 9 in there, fear of rejection)

    Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Well, the 6s I've known are all about fear imo. You can't see it right away but upon closer inspection it dominates their lives.

    No worries, I'm a bit of an enneagram fan. But yeah, unless you have a strong 1 wing, (that's a possibility) just from what I know of you online I don't get the 9 vibe from you. I say that because 9s tend to let things slide and I notice that you don't. That being said, if you are a 9, I think one of the biggest giveaways is wanting to merge with some other. Do you feel that way?
    See above for the merging.

    I have varying degrees of letting things slide. Minor things just don't bother me at all... but I guess that's normal for an apathetic person. Some things really piss me off. I thought holding it back was more of a 9ism, but perhaps they just don't really feel anything. I would get pissed, and think "Yep I'm pissed, but what can I do about it? Would it be worth it?" On here I don't really care and don't let things slide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You had said you might be part Supine (Phlegmatic Supine, or the neighboring Phlegmatic Sanguine), so that would figure with being a 6. (And seeming to be also a 9).
    Interesting. I agree the most with Sanguine though, but Supine is in there somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    *points and laughs at your enneagram indentity dyslexia*


    have you tried gauging yourself against MPs breakdown of the types?
    Admittedly no, I couldn't make any sense of it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #9
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I have the same confusion on 6 too, but I'm confused between 4, rather than 9. I can relate to the counterphobic examples you mentioned though. Maybe in a different way. Long story. I don't think I live with a lot of fear or need assurances from multiple people though. There are problem areas where I can kind of get that way, but it sounds different.

    Not sure where I'm going here. If it's more persistent for you, maybe you are a 6.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Interesting. How was he a lot like me exactly?
    He has similar vibe, but if I had to pick what its: groundness.
    But he's intuitive for sure. INFP for sure.
    He just appears more S than average N, because he is 6, so he is steady, responsible, loyal, modest.... I actually heard INFP 6s look more S because facts make them feel safer. It could be your case?
    And now I remembered : the way he approaches relationship reminded me a lot of you (so much i know how you do it).

    I'm all about modestly and loyalty too. I'm thinking that this whole time I may have been confusing the "merging" thing with a huge desire to get loyal bonds with people, sort of a security network (with the sx). I like knowing that I can absolutely trust someone no matter what. That's the kind of bond I like having. I have fears that I can't trust people with my personal life, so I just basically don't say much unless they vibe me right.
    This is exactly how he explains it.

    And I know he is not 9 because he likes to argue and fight... I agree you could be confusing merging with sx, and being Fi dom so you value close relationship above all else

    I want to find someone with which I can positively know they won't reject me because of who I am. If I can trust someone with that... then that's all good! (but also seems to be a bit of 9 in there, fear of rejection)
    It sounds SOOOOOO ...him.





    anyway. I am pretty sure guy from the video on infjorinfp site, Pete, who is INFP, is also 6 - maybe you could check video to see if you can relate.
    link : http://www.infjorinfp.com/docs/Inter...outFeeling.htm

Similar Threads

  1. what if cities had personality types?
    By mollyowens in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 09:46 AM
  2. What if we organized type this way...
    By 527468 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 06:09 AM
  3. Hypothetical: What if...?
    By iwakar in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
  4. What if
    By pocket lint in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:22 AM
  5. What if everyone intelligent would go on strike
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO