User Tag List

View Poll Results: What enneagram type am I? (please only vote if you've read the whole thread... thx)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

2 10.53%
  • 1w2

0 0%
  • 2w1

0 0%
  • 2w3

0 0%
  • 3w2

0 0%
  • 3w4

0 0%
  • 4w3

0 0%
  • 4w5

0 0%
  • 5w4

1 5.26%
  • 5w6

5 26.32%
  • 6w5

8 42.11%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7w6

0 0%
  • 7w8

0 0%
  • 8w7

2 10.53%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9w8

0 0%
  • 9w1

1 5.26%
First 56789 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I voted 5w4.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    What's his usual instinctual variant? So/Sx?

Well, when it comes down to degree, this becomes difficult.

To some degree, I am all those things that you say a 6w5 is; I would suppose, though, so are many 5w6s.

I've actually looked at some of those interviews (Ken Shamrock and Brian Eno), and Eno is a lot like how I think I probably come across -- Shamrock: not at all. Of course, Shamrock is an idiot and Eno is intelligent, so that might explain a good deal of that. I think Eno has certain mannerisms that are like mine, though. A certain "looking inward", trying to get just the right word, very thoughtful. And I can see why he's a 5w6 instead of 6w5.

I'll check a few more of those out...
    I think that if you feel similar with the 5w6 examples despite they are not INTJs, that means that it's probably your type. Same for 6w5s.

My 2 c.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Glycerine

Of course in the most scientific way possible, I always grouped you and InvisibleJim vibewise. So I went with 5w6. haha

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Of course in the most scientific way possible, I always grouped you and InvisibleJim vibewise. So I went with 5w6. haha
    I like your reasoning, but couldn't IJ be a 6w5?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Judging from how intensely you are living in your own world, 6 is a good fit.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I like your reasoning, but couldn't IJ be a 6w5?
    I was actually going to add "or 6w5" lol. IJ could possibly be 6w5 but I have hardly ever had a conversation with him. I just always saw Z as having a similar vibe to him but friendlier and less reactive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i'm not reading this whole thread right now so i'll vote in-post, 6w5 sx for you z

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i'm not reading this whole thread right now so i'll vote in-post, 6w5 sx for you z
    Interesting...

IIRC, some time back you posted on my wall that you thought I was 5w6...

Mind my asking what caused the change in mind?

ETA:

Also, if there's one post in this thread people should read, I think it's this one:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1431066

That's not to say I necessarily believe I'm a 5w6 over 6w5 (the truth is, whenever I study up on it, I conclude that I'm 5w6, but then, as time goes along, when I look at it, I get a nagging feeling that I may be a 6w5), but I went back through the health levels for both 5s and 6s, and the 5 health levels still speak to me (significantly) more. And this is despite the fact that I'm seriously considering 6w5.

One possibility is that I've dealt with most of the issues of being a 5 and am well-integrated into being an 8, and, at the same time, I haven't dealt with the issues of being a 6-wing all that well, and so the "negative" behaviors of a 6 might be more apparent in my behavior. As of now, I'm between this interpretation and thinking that I'm just a counterphobic 6w5 sx/so.

Two more considerations to keep in mind:

• My father is an ISTJ, and probably a 6w5. As such, his 6ness might have rubbed off on me and made it more prevalent in myself, whether I'm a 5 or a 6.
    • I am pretty much absolutely certain that I'm an sx/so, and, as some people who are rather strong in the enneagram have noted (@BlackCat and various websites), and as I figured myself, this can make a 5w6 look more like a 6.

I decided recently that it's time to read some enneagram books.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

oh damn, i did, fuuuuck

ahah that's what i get for off-the-cuff responses when i've only had a couple hours of sleep

i read your post. if you're 5 you integrate to 8. makes sense

you do seem pretty involved for a 5 though. which definitely would lean you w6 over w4

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think you're a 6w5. You don't seem detached from the world enough to be a 5, period. My first impression of you was a bit of a stretch, you are an obvious sx/so yet you aren't really an extroverted or aggressive type so it threw me off; and 5 seemed to somewhat fit my first impression. But upon seeing you interact more and getting to know you a bit better you for sure come off as a 6w5. You are WAY too people focused to be a 5 IMO.

EDIT: On another thought, maybe you should read Naranjo's work and see whether you relate to 5 or 6 more? Or read any real enneagram sources and differentiate between their coping mechanisms and defense mechanisms etc; they are pretty different. The way you are online seems a bit... subdued and private. Like you have a certain part of yourself that you project online versus how you really are like.

Also being integrated to 8 IS an interesting thought, however constant integration is impractical at best. Integration and disintegration tend to happen in spurts; it would have to be some very specific situations if someone were CONSTANTLY integrated or CONSTANTLY disintegrated. It's along the lines of say, for example, how you feel around your friends versus how you feel alone. They are two different feelings inspired by different things going on. Integration/Disintegration is inspired by things going on in one's life, while the enneatype is a constant within you. Like, "when I do this, I feel this way, making me more confident in myself and comfortable and letting me relax" (example for a situation where you could integrate). Or the opposite- "when I do this or this happens to me, I feel this way, making me more stressed out and confused" for disintegration.

Things DO stay with you when you integrate, it does become apart of you, but it becomes part of how your base type affects you versus just becoming that other type.

If you relate to 8 so much I've thought that you could be a CP 6w5, who are a bit more subdued but still are intellectually aggressive and not as openly aggressive as 6w7s (marm is an example of that). Sx/so would also complement this typing for you. Counterphobic 6w5s seem pretty uncommon in general, and sx/so just makes that even more peculiar and uncommon IMO.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)