User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INxP

MBTI
    INFP

I get on very intimately with some, but I *do not* feel compelled to be intimate or harmonious with everyone. It is selective.. And I feel no guilt about it.. it feels completely fine.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I get on very intimately with some, but I *do not* feel compelled to be intimate or harmonious with everyone. It is selective.. And I feel no guilt about it.. it feels completely fine.
    It is not feeling compelled to be initmate with everyone, it is wanting to have initmate relationships and having harmony within those and not finding people who fit that need easily. My friendships tend to be transitory and elusive, partly because of feeling the strain of keeping harmony and keeping true to myself.

I don't necessarily *want* to have harmony with everyone, it is just that when there are negative emotions they affect me negatively and it is hard to detach from that. So it is more like a need that this world mostly cannot fill.

I think a big clue would be how you feel around people who are upset and how you have to go about feeling that way. For me, there is always a great energy drain if I try to be detached to emotion. It seems natural to the INTP to detach.

MBTI
    INFP

I have never.. ever.. understood the concept of absorbing another's emotions.. Like I mentioned in a previous post.. I can only offer my thoughts.. When someone comes to me crying I get a deer-in-the-headlights look, and I just get really confused and overwhelmed because I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

It could be that you are INTP but as a female, you have been tought to be like F even if you weren't. It's not always approved for females to be T culture wise or men to be F so women are expected to be warm and caring and men tough etc.

Functions, have you thought about them? INTP is TiNe and INFJ FiNe. There is a difference at least I would think so even if Fi is hard to understand.

heart on fire

I have never.. ever.. understood the concept of absorbing another's emotions.. Like I mentioned in a previous post.. I can only offer my thoughts.. When someone comes to me crying I get a deer-in-the-headlights look, and I just get really confused and overwhelmed because I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
    In comparison I am most likely to feel overwhelmed by other's strong emotions too, but because the vibrations (for lack of a better word) are entering my field and overwhelming me. If it is a person I feel close to and repsect/care for then it is easy to express compassion, but if I do not then it is a hard situation to cope with and I usually just want to get away from the confusion of having their strong emotions invade me.

MBTI
    INFP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.4)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.6)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.8)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.4)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.4)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** ********** (60.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (7.6)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.4)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.
    My results

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

It looks like you are strong in Ti therefore you must be INTP!
    Case solved and closed.
    Do you agree Dana?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My results
    Ti and Te are both fairly strong...

Fe is virtually nonexistent, and Fi is only slightly stronger than Te.

Ne is the second strongest after Ti.

I'm sorry, but it looks like you're an INTP. Good luck, though.

heart on fire

I think it is a great thing for a young person to be able to get totally straight about which type fits them best. I spent so many years living in the shadow of admiring my INTJ Dad and the best points of him, and his devaluation of Feeling. Without another source of postive role model, I wanted to emulate his good qualities and also those of a ISTJ sister. Both of them were the dearest people in all the world to be, the people who I felt I could admire who were close to me. I wanted to meet their approval and feeling was not the way to do that!

I tried to be something I am not for so many years, just wasting energy and not learning as much about my real self as I could have. I feel it affected my growth as a person so negatively.