• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ?

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know I'm an Introvert. I'm not a naturally outgoing person.

I know I'm an Intuitive. I'm more conceptual than detailed.

I also know I'm a Judger, due to my scheduled mindset.

I don't know whether I prefer T or F.

If I retake the test again, I'm afraid that my knowledge of MBTI and my personal bias will get in the way of knowing my preference.

The reason that I believe I'm an F is because I can be at least somewhat subjective when making decisions. For example, I looked up some specs for a camera, it was 10.1 megapixel with a Lithium Ion battery. The only ones that the shops said they had in stock were in this ugly green color. I decided, instead of buying the exact camera at the shop, I went to a shop and browsed for other cameras. Luckily, the floor model of the previous camera was in my favorite color, blue, so I bought that camera. I also have a tendency to succumb to peer pressure.

The reason I believe I'm a T is that I like to debate ideas with friends up to a certain point. It can be fun, until A) someone gets offended or B) no one likes to reason. I usually call a truce then. When that happens, it's not a debate anymore, it's an argument. I also like to hide my negative emotions. I can be very expressive with positive emotions, but if I feel really down, I often try to hide it. There are times when I can't help it, but I never fully express it until I'm sure that no one is in the vicinity. But there are a tiny fraction of cases, like when I was incredibly frustrated over an online photography class.

My brother said he thinks I "changed" type from an INFJ to an INTJ, but seeing as he thinks everything is malleable (He's an INTP now...), I tend to mistrust him. There is the distinct possibility I took the test when my T and F weren't fully developed, though.

My type might be obvious to the rest of you, but I'm one of those people who over-analyzes everything to death, so you can see why I constantly question it. I am 17 now, so I think my Auxiliary is fully developed.

Please tell me if it is too wordy to maneuver through. :D

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree w/ Lizzy. Here are the things that make me believe you're INFJ:
-you stop debates due to other people's emotions or reactions
-you say you are subject to peer pressure
-the way you deal with your emotions almost has more to do with others than you (hiding bad ones and really showing the good ones)

Nope -- not too much text at all :) Keep looking around the forum, and you'll some whales of posts!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think INFJ is more likely (see reasoning below) but I can't totally rule out INTJ.

The reason that I believe I'm an F is because I can be at least somewhat subjective when making decisions. For example, I looked up some specs for a camera, it was 10.1 megapixel with a Lithium Ion battery. The only ones that the shops said they had in stock were in this ugly green color. I decided, instead of buying the exact camera at the shop, I went to a shop and browsed for other cameras. Luckily, the floor model of the previous camera was in my favorite color, blue, so I bought that camera. I also have a tendency to succumb to peer pressure.

I agree this sounds like feeling. I would think a T type would be more concerned about functionality and technical features.
I see both INTJ and INFJ as being independent types who don't succumb easily to peer pressure. Of the two INTJ is least likely to succumb. Its been said that INTJ is the most independent of all the types.

The reason I believe I'm a T is that I like to debate ideas with friends up to a certain point. It can be fun, until A) someone gets offended or B) no one likes to reason. I usually call a truce then. When that happens, it's not a debate anymore, it's an argument. I also like to hide my negative emotions. I can be very expressive with positive emotions, but if I feel really down, I often try to hide it. There are times when I can't help it, but I never fully express it until I'm sure that no one is in the vicinity. But there are a tiny fraction of cases, like when I was incredibly frustrated over an online photography class.

I think INTJs are more likely to hurt someone's feelings in a debate without realizing it. INTJs are more likely to take the debating too far. Being very expressive with positive emotions suggests auxiliary Fe, thus INFJ. INTJs don't show a lot of emotion, positive or negative. Their feeling is intorverted. Some of the INFJs I know, will try to appear positive to others and hide it when they are down.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I am annoyed by people who express their overwhelmingly negative emotions and make no effort to keep them inside. So inconsiderate of them...

I am also annoyed by people who are incredibly blunt, whether they are right or wrong. There's a way to be right and there's a way to be polite about it. On the off-chance they are wrong, then they would also be giving shitty advice that someone takes to heart.

I think I'm INFJ, but the better of my parents was INFJ while the other one was INTJ, so I want to be open-minded enough to consider the possibility of me having a subconscious aversion to the Te function.

Nicodemus

I always thought I was fairly considerate in debate. Two weeks ago, I had a conversation with a friend in which that topic came up:

Nicodemus: But I am certainly an annoying person to converse with when drunk.
Friend: No, rather ruthlessly consistent.
Friend: But for many that is not a present, rather an execution.
Nicodemus: It's not that bad. I do tolerate much nonsense.
Friend: Yes, if someone pretends to have an opinion, it is.

Thus I suggest that you ask your friends.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been told I'm obsessive and can't let stuff go. :p

I think it's my Ti overthinking the situation and my Fe wanting some sort of consensus.