• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, type me, type me...

MissLizzy

Well, I'm having difficulties typing myself. I used to score ENFP, but I'm not really sure. I'll try to describe my personality and behavioural traits accurately.

One of my principal characteristics is that I always have been an abstract kind of person, very imaginative. But, though I am a dreamer, highly idealistic and romantic, I'm not the kind of person who thinks of life as a kind of fairytale. I know very well the dangers and bad things in this world, what can make people that are older than me think of me as a very mature person (I'm 18). I have always been a very different and kinda strange person, but I'm not showy about this, people only know these things when they talk to me.
I have difficulties to find a love, because I tend to idealize people and, having a stereotype in my head I never dated because the guys who liked me wasn't "The One" I imagined.
I'm expressive about my feelings toward others but I'm not easy to read. I try to hide my passions, though it always "emerges to the surface". People see me as a mystery.
I like to imagine how things will occur, and when it's not what I thought, I become frustrated.
I'm quiet, but I like voicing my opinions and standing up for myself (what polarize the opinions about me) and I can be playful among my closest friends. I'm very eloquent too, and a very good listener.
I love helping people to solve their problems, principally the moral and emotional ones. I always have a good word to help everyone who comes to me asking for advice. People consider me a great counsellor.
I'm a very righteous person. I hate doing wrong things and I become nervous with people who don't, who understands me usually listen my complaints, but other people may think I'm boring. I am compassive, and hate to hurt people.
Sometimes I appear very serene, and another time completely agressive and blunt. Although I'm quiet, I'm not passive and can be very assertive and I'm not shy at all, only in given situations. I'm not dramatic nor "attention whore", and I hate appearing weak, though I am delicate and kind. I don't like surprises, because I tend to view the world and happenings as very predictable things, because of my capacity of anticipate events accurately, in a way that is very complex, clueless. I like to have a plan in my mind to everything, for all the situations I imagine. I cope well with problematic, complex people, and get along well with almost everyone, but I have few friends. It's rare to me to initiate contacts or talk to strange people.

To finish, my hobbies are reading, writing, listening and playing music, acting (imitating people to make people laugh, what I like to do) and I want to be a college teacher. I have many interests in my life, and a big curiosity.

Guesses?

(Thank you all and sorry about the grammar mistakes, English isn't my first language.)

Last edited:

NewGuy1

I would definitely say you are an NFP but could either be an I or not a very big E. With strangers are you an initiator or a responder?

MissLizzy

I would definitely say you are an NFP but could either be an I or not a very big E. With strangers are you an initiator or a responder?

With strangers I'm a responder. But with people I haven't seen for a long time and may not remember me I'm an initiator.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you considered INFJ?

MissLizzy

Have you considered INFJ?

Yes, many times. Because I relate much more with a type that have an intuitive dominant function (ENFP, INFJ) than a feeling-dom one (INFP, ENFJ). I can appear logical, though I'm a feeler, what can be a tertiary function working.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Difficult decision. Do you feel righteous because you were taught to feel, or be that way, or is it a personal choice of yours?

MissLizzy

Difficult decision. Do you feel righteous because you were taught to feel, or be that way, or is it a personal choice of yours?

It is a Fe vs. Fi struggle that's very familiar to me. I think that the values I hold are the ones I learned with my family, and I really think that it comes from the education I received. Because of this, my family trusts blindly in me. They know I won't do anything that is silly or will put me in trouble, and that I'm always conscientious, because going against my convictions and doing anything unacceptable would hurt me, and make me feel really bad. And my moral values makes everybody satisfied with me. It's Fe, I know. But I see differences in my approach of this compared to my family members: all Si users. I see them in different ways than following blindly institutions and traditions that I consider retrograde and that won't provide change or harmony, I have my own ways and views. But now I'm attacking Si, and it's not the subject, haha.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd say INFJ...ENFJ if you feel that your Fe is stronger.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ makes more sense, because I'm not as "popular" and highly sociable as ENFJ's are used to be... :)

You can be an extrovert and still be unpopular...you'd probably be more hated than an unpopular introvert though :D

MissLizzy

You can be an extrovert and still be unpopular...you'd probably be more hated than an unpopular introvert though :D

Hahahaha. No, I'm not hated or anything. It's just because I wait people to talk to me, I'm a responder in most of the time...

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hahahaha. No, I'm not hated or anything. It's just because I wait people to talk to me, I'm a responder in most of the time...

You seem more I to me, so I'd stick with INFJ, but you choose the type you relate to the most.

But by your description of yourself, that's what I interpreted. :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
you could be infp
infj sounds a tad more likely. you sound more eager to help out and get involved with people.
and enfp is the third option

what you said about preparing for situations is how i am too ... i need to 'feel' out what i need/want to do next, loosely imagine it in my head, guide myself through it before i can do it. it's hard for me to jump into a random situation and do well and respond quickly. i like to internally organize and prepare myself. i also like to predict what will happen next, i come up with three possible scenarios and try to narrow it down from there, i leave it open-ended if i have absolutely no idea which direction it will take. i wonder if that's ni or ne plus fi ... or has nothing to do with that.

MissLizzy

Hm... so INFJ is being like a consensus here. And thank you all for posting! More thoughts?