User Tag List

First 12

strict on while others I could care less.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

You're ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, do you agree with this more?
    ENTP

Introverted thinking (Ti)
    Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.

Extraverted feeling (Fe)
    Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.
    Or this:
    ENFP

Extraverted thinking (Te)
    Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence.

Introverted feeling (Fi)
    Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.
    I was also split between ENFP and ENTP, but I know I am ENFP What helped me the most was looking at the careers for each.

ENFP
    performer, actor, entertainer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker, comedian, radio broadcaster/dj, some job related to theater/drama, poet, music journalist, work in fashion industry, singer, movie producer, playwright, bartender, comic book author, work in television, dancer, artist, record store owner, model, freelance artist, teacher (art, drama, music), writer, painter, massage therapist, costume designer, choreographer, make up artist
    ENTP
    dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin
    Which one has more jobs that interest you?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei
    ENFPs actually don't put that much weight on others' opinions. ENFPs are often people persons, but Fi produces a very personal belief set. Rather they're more likely to try to gently (or not so gently) persuade people to see things their way.
    yes, i agree. i'm afraid what i meant by saying that didn't come across the way i meant it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety
    I have to say I disagree. And also, an ENFP will want truth as well. An ENFP would never agree with something just for the sake of preserving harmony.
    yeah, i definitely phrased poorly. sorry, after that last huge Fe-Fi thread, i guess i'm getting lazy!

the way i understand it, is that to Fi (xxFP), others' opinions matter because you care about the other person and want them to be happy and whole inside, too, not so much because you are easily swayed by what they say. it's because F in general, both Fi and Fe, wants happiness and harmony at a very, very base level. this kind of inner person caring is not the same as Fe - it's not really interpersonal - in other words, i don't care about your opinion because it demonstrates that i respect you - but i care because i value you as a person and the significance of that idea to both of us. i do think an ENFP will usually have a slightly more fluid/personal idea of "truth" than an ENTP, though. and yes, when someone disagrees with something you believe in, Fi will FIGHT. plus, as an ExxP, you are, to a certain extent, going to be swayed by external information. it's just the nature of Pe...

interestingly, OrangeAppled pointed out in another thread that ExFP Fi can look like Fe to her, from the outside. i see how that could happen here... like (being swayed by external info in general) + (caring about other people internally) = appearing to be easily led by others. i'm an e3, too, so maybe it's especially potent for me.

ENTP
    dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin
    these totally seem more fun. lol. besides mechanical engineer, cool stuff, but yuck for me!

NewGuy1, you sound more like an ENTP so far, just to me. that username sounds like NT humor, too

This is hard... but i hate labeling so I guess im a little happy that I cant be typified but still want to know . So i guess I have a little more info since it seems like these two types seem fairly similar.

I am someone who lives by a code I guess. I am just beginning to notice this, one example of this is I know a lot of people who as college students take advantage of little cheap ways of help I think (like food stamps) and I just refuse. I get this from my family because my grandmother who could have really used welfare would not take it because she refused to depend on the government. This sense of individuality is something that may relate me to ENFP

I am an economics major and very good at mathematics. I was going to be an engineering major and as a child often dreamt of being an inventor. seems ENTP like to me.

I would love to own a bar/ club, learn message therapy, and am almost always the comedian out of my group.

This is hard.. maybe I am both. That would make me happy, I am uncategorizable