User Tag List

12 Last

Default Fe Vs Fi (from one of your previous posts)

Written by lady X

''right...and a fi person will react warmly towards someone they feel a connection with...something within that person jives with their personal beliefs...a fe user i believe is more apt to treat everyone warmly because that's the nice thing to do...?? ''
    (I try to treat everyone warmly because that's the nice thing to do)

''also...yeah...outwardly shown emotion is more of a fe thing, i think.'' (I'm not good at showing outwardly emotion)

''and fi will judge things based on their own made up belief system...and a fe person judges things based more on a global belief system...i think.'' ( I judge things based on my own made up belief system)

Written by Oakysage

To extremes

Feelers
    Insult an Fe user and he/she will cry. ( I have cried after an insult)
    Insult an Fi user and he/she will not show any emotion but cry on the inside. (but most of the time I will not show any emotion and cry on the inside)

Thinkers
    Insult an Fe user and he/she will take hostile action towards you (verbally or physically) (I have reacted this way)
    Insult an Fi user and he/she will ignore you and treat you like shit. (I have reacted this way as well)

Written by Cybin

I've heard Fe describes as being able to sense feelings radiating from others and see the way that they connect between people.( I have found myself sensing this) This is what gives way to the 'social etiquette' idea that gets equated with Fe. Fe users want harmony in the world. When unchecked, Fe users can lose themselves in maintaining his harmony to the point of overlooking their feelings. ( I do this ALOT)

Fi is an inner experience of feelings. They begin internally. Fi wants harmony in themselves. Fi relates to people by taking on the feelings of others as their own. (I do this ALOT as well) When unchecked, Fi users can lose themselves by taking on these feelings to such an extent it forgets about itself.( I do this too) Fi will help others by helping them find inner harmony, rather than between many people.

Do you find yourself using both as well??

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I find that my Ti with tertiary Fe makes me exhibit behaviours of both Fe and Fi. It's the Fe getting the values from society but the Ti filtering out those which I don't think make sense and to stand firmly by them. Since my Fe is low I'm not good at showing emotion, but I try to be gregarious unless someone makes an enemy out of me.

So yeah, I can relate.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I do, and I've always thought it was wrong to say Fi users don't express like Fe users do. I think ExFPs at least are pretty damn expressive.

Well.. Maybe I'm Ti-Fe, just like I keep thinking. Insulting me would at the very least entail a verbal defense.

I don't get into physical conflict much anymore, but I've been in plenty of fights.. and in some odd way, I prefer getting something bad out like that than totally ignoring a problem/person and just treating them like shit. Hell, I've gotten in fights, and then ended up on better terms WITHIN the fight itself..where I just started laughing.. like "..This is stupid, isn't it?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, Fi & Fe in different "positions" can appear differently. Particularly in ESFPs will Fi appear Fe-like to me, although upon closer examination I see a difference in the thought process, which is what the determining factor should be. What's your thought process behind your behavior?

I can display Fe-like behavior at times, but my reasoning is Fi-based. The thing is, my thought process is not comprised of one function; in particular, I use Ne. It's hard to untangle where one process begins & another ends in your own mind. Is there any one function you identify with the most? I'd start there, and then look at the types which use that function in the dom or aux position.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Oh to answer the question, I understand and experience this compulsion for inner harmony, but it certainly isn't so important that I can't treat as many people as possible fairly/nicely.. I don't just want to befriend people with deeper connections. If anything, my inner values tell me that I should make more effort than that. I feel like Fi (if that's what it is) is sort of subconsciously reinforcing a sort of bottom line reason to appreciate someone - y'know, like the basic fact that we're both just human beings and should get along. If they have different beliefs, or style, or whatever - cool. If someone isn't cheating or hurting or behaving selfishly, then they deserve the benefit of the doubt (Besides, it's bad enough how many you can find violate principles on that level. Best to not make my requirements even more isolating).

In Thomson's book, Fi has nothing to do with this "crying inside" or "made up values". It's about exactly what I'm saying - universal/humanitarian values. Fi is said to try to transcend societal or personal experience and tries to develop it's values on an archetypal level. If she's wrong, and it's just about making up your own overly-prejudiced bullshit values that can't even be talked about, then fair enough. I'm some Fe type then. I'm not a particularly "expressive" person, but all I know is that I try to be cooler than having such a focused, personal criteria for connecting. I can get along on a general level.

KDude I completely relate to you on everything you just said

Thanks for everyones input I appreciate it

KDude I completely relate to you on everything you just said

Thanks for everyones input I appreciate it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Oh to answer the question, I understand and experience this compulsion for inner harmony, but it certainly isn't so important that I can't treat as many people as possible fairly/nicely.. I don't just want to befriend people with deeper connections. If anything, my inner values tell me that I should make more effort than that. I feel like Fi (if that's what it is) is sort of subconsciously reinforcing a sort of bottom line reason to appreciate someone - y'know, like the basic fact that we're both just human beings and should get along. If they have different beliefs, or style, or whatever - cool. If someone isn't cheating or hurting or behaving selfishly, then they deserve the benefit of the doubt (Besides, it's bad enough how many you can find violate principles on that level. Best to not make my requirements even more isolating).

In Thomson's book, Fi has nothing to do with this "crying inside" or "made up values". It's about exactly what I'm saying - universal/humanitarian values. Fi is said to try to transcend societal or personal experience and tries to develop it's values on an archetypal level. If she's wrong, and it's just about making up your own overly-prejudiced bullshit values that can't even be talked about, then fair enough. I'm some Fe type then. I'm not a particularly "expressive" person, but all I know is that I try to be cooler than having such a focused, personal criteria for connecting. I can get along on a general level.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by liYA View Post
    Feelers
    Insult an Fe user and he/she will cry. ( I have cried after an insult)
    Insult an Fi user and he/she will not show any emotion but cry on the inside. (but most of the time I will not show any emotion and cry on the inside)

Thinkers
    Insult an Fe user and he/she will take hostile action towards you (verbally or physically) (I have reacted this way)
    Insult an Fi user and he/she will ignore you and treat you like shit. (I have reacted this way as well)
    People take the function names way too literally.

Feeling isn't about actual feelings so much as it is about ethical values. In fact, feelings outwardly displayed has nothing to do with Fe in any definition of Fe, whatsoever. The definition farthest from Jung's original intent is Linda Berens' definition (incidentally the most commonly accepted today) that Fe is about going along to get along. If anything Fe types would be less likely to show emotion, as it could upset others.

Incidentally, I'm most likely to verbally abuse someone who pisses me off than anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole