123 Last

Thread: Me ENTP?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default Me ENTP?

I've been told. What do you think are the chances of this being true?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

BTW here's the results of my last function test, which was about a month ago. I just tried to take one again, but the site won't submit. It gives me an "Not Found" message.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.6)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.8)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.4)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.7)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.2)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.6)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP
    It has been suggested that the high Fi is probably a mistake arising from a combination of Ti, Fe.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Found a working one and got slightly different results.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************ (12.8)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.9)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.7)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.6)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.8)
    good use
    So, I guess that's Ti>Ne>Fi>Te=Si>Ni>Fe>Se

As opposed to what I got last time, which was Ti>Fi>Ne>Te>Si>Ni>Fe>Se

Well, that's only a small difference, a switch of Fi and Ne
    JiNe

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You seem INTP to me. ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You seem INTP to me. ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.
    THIS.

If you were an ENTP you'd have those four letters tattooed on your ass.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

What? This is weird, I always thought you were an ISFJ

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    What? This is weird, I always thought you were an ISFJ
    So, is that a joke or did you really think that? Because if you really did think I was ISFJ, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, especially since my type was listed as INTP until the update removed the listing.
    JiNe

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

If you were an ENTP you'd have those four letters tattooed on your ass.
    ^^ we're like cabbage patch dolls - our bums are stamped... and stop looking at my bum, halla.

also - if you were an entp you'd realise idris was having a laugh and poke him back.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    ^^ we're like cabbage patch dolls - our bums are stamped... and stop looking at my bum, halla.

also - if you were an entp you'd realise idris was having a laugh and poke him back.
    I wish I was as sure as you.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

With Extraverted Intuition dominating their personality, the ENTP's primary interest in life is understanding the world that they live in. They are constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations they are presented in their lives. Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation. With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types.

This ability to intuitively understand people and situations puts the ENTP at a distinct advantage in their lives. They generally understand things quickly and with great depth. Accordingly, they are quite flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks. They are good at most anything that interests them. As they grow and further develop their intuitive abilities and insights, they become very aware of possibilities, and this makes them quite resourceful when solving problems.

ENTPs are idea people. Their perceptive abilities cause them to see possibilities everywhere. They get excited and enthusiastic about their ideas, and are able to spread their enthusiasm to others. In this way, they get the support that they need to fulfill their visions.

ENTPs are less interested in developing plans of actions or making decisions than they are in generating possibilities and ideas. Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP. For some ENTPs, this results in the habit of never finishing what they start (sometimes). The ENTP who has not developed their Thinking process will have problems with jumping enthusiastically from idea to idea, without following through on their plans. The ENTP needs to take care to think through their ideas fully in order to take advantage of them.

The ENTP's auxiliary process of Introverted Thinking drives their decision making process. Although the ENTP is more interested in absorbing information than in making decisions, they are quite rational and logical in reaching conclusions. When they apply Thinking to their Intuitive perceptions, the outcome can be very powerful indeed. A well-developed ENTP is extremely visionary, inventive, and enterprising.

ENTPs are fluent conversationalists, mentally quick, and enjoy verbal sparring with others. They love to debate issues, and may even switch sides sometimes just for the love of the debate. When they express their underlying principles, however, they may feel awkward and speak abruptly and intensely.

The ENTP personality type is sometimes referred to the "Lawyer" type. The ENTP "lawyer" quickly and accurately understands a situation, and objectively and logically acts upon the situation. Their Thinking side makes their actions and decisions based on an objective list of rules or laws. If the ENTP was defending someone who had actually committed a crime, they are likely to take advantage of quirks in the law that will get their client off the hook. If they were to actually win the case, they would see their actions as completely fair and proper to the situation, because their actions were lawful. The guilt or innocence of their client would not be as relevant. If this type of reasoning goes uncompletely unchecked by the ENTP, it could result in a character that is perceived by others as unethical or even dishonest. The ENTP, who does not naturally consider the more personal or human element in decision making, should take care to notice the subjective, personal side of situations. This is a potential problem are for ENTPs. Although their logical abilities lend strength and purpose to the ENTP, they may also isolate them from their feelings and from other people.

The least developed area for the ENTP is the Sensing-Feeling arena. If the Sensing areas are neglected, the ENTP may tend to not take care of details in their life. If the Feeling part of themself is neglected, the ENTP may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive.

Under stress, the ENTP may lose their ability to generate possibilities, and become obsessed with minor details. These details may seem to be extremely important to the ENTP, but in reality are usually not important to the big picture.

In general, ENTPs are upbeat visionaries. They highly value knowledge, and spend much of their lives seeking a higher understanding. They live in the world of possibilities, and become excited about concepts, challenges and difficulties. When presented with a problem, they're good at improvising and quickly come up with a creative solution. Creative, clever, curious, and theoretical, ENTPs have a broad range of possibilities in their lives.
    That's what I do and don't fit for ENTP.
    JiNe