User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Me ENTP?

  1. #21
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Yeah, my problem is that I also see a lot of unproductive Ne. Like just doing random shit for no reason. Also, I do not know whether my poor ability lately to comprehend things and take in information is a prodct of poor Ti, poor Ne, poor Si or poor Se. I know I definitely have poor Se. And I don't know how easily I can differentiate between my preference for something and my development of something. Like whether I do not do something because I have a low preference for it or because I have low development and ability to use it well.
    Ok. If we're going with MBTI, then you don't have Se if you are INTP. Seeing as that INTJ's have Inferior Se, it leads back to you being INTJ. But first of all, how do you define Se?

  2. #22
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Also ^, yeah ... I have been thinking lately that maybe I am Ne-dom as well because at my best, I need to extrovert. I am very externally focused and influenced, very. It's hard to say. Do you relate more to the ENTPs on here or INTPs? I sense a reserved seriousness about you that's more Ti dom.
    I've always thought I related more to the INTP profiles. Things like running into situations without preparation and on-the-spot improv, manipulating others (even without intended harm), bending the truth or rules to achieve a goal, arguing just for the fun of it etc. I never really related to. However, I also don't relate to the idea that knowledge and understanding is by far the INTPs primary concern. I mean I LIKE it yes, but it's not my life or anything. I WOULD like to have a positive effect on the world, and I don't always need a complex system to study all the time. A lot of the time I can be happy just listening to things and thinking idly.

    I feel like maybe I'm an INTP, but with a lot of unmonitored Ne expression. Like it seems my Ti is control when it matters, but a lot of the time I just let my Ne do whatever it feels like. I dunno. Does that work?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  3. #23
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Ok. If we're going with MBTI, then you don't have Se if you are INTP. Seeing as that INTJ's have Inferior Se, it leads back to you being INTJ. But first of all, how do you define Se?
    No, I didn't mean I have inferior Se, I meant poor, as in really small preference and even smaller ability. Like of all my 8 functions, Se is my least developed. You can see my function order at the bottom, at least as far as I got from testing. Everyone has to have 8 functions.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  4. #24
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    No, I didn't mean I have inferior Se, I meant poor, as in really small preference and even smaller ability. Like of all my 8 functions, Se is my least developed. You can see my function order at the bottom, at least as far as I got from testing. Everyone has to have 8 functions.
    MBTI uses the four function system. So, in this sense, if you are clearly disinclined towards Se then you are some sort of Ni-dom. "Inferior" means the least preferred so I don't understand the confusion. What is your definition of "Inferior"?

  5. #25
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    MBTI uses the four function system. So, in this sense, if you are clearly disinclined towards Se then you are some sort of Ni-dom. "Inferior" means the least preferred so I don't understand the confusion. What is your definition of "Inferior"?
    Well inferior means your 4th most developed, because you have dominant, auxilliary, tertiary and inferior. You're being rather literal and boxed-in (can't thinkof a better term right now) about this. Okay, going by MBTI, with 4 functions only, I have no Se (despite the fact that SOME Se is required to take in information at all). I'm not an Ni dom and have very rarely experienced anything that could be considered Ni. But still my function order doesn't fit in precisely with everything, and I don't think you HAVE to fit exactly into the 4 functions predicted generally for your type. My Fi is certainly stronger than in many INTPs (if I am one), and it's at least as strong as my Fe.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  6. #26
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Well inferior means your 4th most developed, because you have dominant, auxilliary, tertiary and inferior.
    "most developed", you say?

    And I wonder, what is the 'other name' for the fifth function?

    You're being rather literal and boxed-in (can't thinkof a better term right now) about this.
    ???

    SOME Se is required to take in information at all.
    I know I'm digressing from main topic but I'm curious. Why is SOME Se required to take in information at all?

    I'm not an Ni dom and have very rarely experienced anything that could be considered Ni. But still my function order doesn't fit in precisely with everything, and I don't think you HAVE to fit exactly into the 4 functions predicted generally for your type. My Fi is certainly stronger than in many INTPs (if I am one), and it's at least as strong as my Fe.
    can you describe your suggested Fi experiences?

  7. #27
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    "most developed", you say?

    And I wonder, what is the 'other name' for the fifth function?



    ???



    I know I'm digressing from main topic but I'm curious. Why is SOME Se required to take in information at all?



    can you describe your suggested Fi experiences?
    As far as I have learned, Se is about taking in sensory data in the present moment (preferance to do so and ability). So it's how we take in information. Maybe Ne can also do this or something, but I thought this was more what we do with the information, forming ideas out of it. The introverted percieving ones come from the self, memory or subconscious, so they don't really take data in.

    My Fi experiences? Personally formed values towards things and a certain degree of perfectionism in them, a desire to express how I feel about things in artistic ways, desiring inner harmony and one on one relationships etc.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  8. #28
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    I'll try to explain what I mean better. If Se notices sensory information in the present, without this, why would someone like sex, or watching movies. How would they even be able to know there is something there. All data outside their heads would just be meaningless, because it wouldn't notice them at all.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  9. #29
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You seem INTP to me. ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.
    hahaha you got that right

    ----------------------------------

    It seems you analized this thing a lot. You are too patient and analytic to be ENTP.
    It's normal to doubt, it's a habit to doubt if you're NTP. Why is this like that and it ain't the other way around, why does this belong here? Why am I like this, and am I sure I am like this? you get the idea. It's the Ti talking.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs--TALK TO ME
    By Ene in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 12:50 PM
  2. [ENTP] My ENTP is so different from me. How do I deal with it better?
    By CubeWuerfel in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 05:22 PM
  3. Type me??? ENTP or ESTP? Maybe something else ^^
    By leejung in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 05:34 PM
  4. [ENTP] This ENTP guy (help me to understand him).
    By Bloubessie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM
  5. [ENTP] ENTPs: do you like me or do you just like attention?
    By Thessaly in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 04:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO