User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: What am I?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have a friend who tells me I'm probably ENTP all the time, but she has no clue what she's talking about because she also mixes F up with P and stuff like that. But I don't know either. I'm not that MBTI smart.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    According to Dario Nardi (via this):

"Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action" is charateristic of SeTi, and "Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort" is a marker of Ti.

And you play well with the other Ti users. So....

Hello, newest ESTP. It's yer type birthday.
    Uh oh... now my blog has to get moved!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It probably does, but fwiw I really do think you're Fi. Problem is Kalach has demonstrated he doesn't fucking understand Fi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

The following are excerpts from ONE type description. But was it ESTP or ESFP? One can check by clicking on the links, but these particular excerpts were chosen as seemingly a good gestalt for the events, determinations and stories in the long and treacherous history of the adventures of Queen Kat as presented thus far. But, are they genuinely descriptive? Sadly, not even the vaunted INTJ imprimatur, "Course: charted!", is enough here. The subject, the object of this discussion herself, has the final say. So....

Is this you?

TYPEs are "doers" who live in the world of action.

They look at the facts of a situation, quickly decide what should be done, execute the action, and move on to the next thing.

However, the TYPE tends to have their own strong belief in what's right and what's wrong, and will doggedly stick to their principles. The Rules of the Establishment may hold little value to the TYPE, but their own integrity mandates that they will not under any circumstances do something which they feel to be wrong.

They're usually very good at story telling and improvising.

They are impatient with theory, and see little use for it in their quest to "get things done".

The TYPE gets bored with classes in which they feel they gain no useful material which can be used to get things done. The TYPE may be brilliantly intelligent, but school will be a difficult chore for them.

TYPEs are practical, observant, fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers with an excellent ability to quickly improvise an innovative solution to a problem. They're enthusiastic and fun to be with, and are great motivators.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

It definately suits me.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

there are two ways looking into art:

Empathy presupposes that the object is, as it were, empty, and seeks to imbue it with life.
    The empathizing subject wants to feel his own life in the object; hence the independence of the object and the difference between it and the subject must not be too great.

Abstraction on the other hand, presupposes that the object is alive and active..
    and is the opposite of empathizing in other areas also. abstraction projects the persons own feelings onto the object, while empathy kinda seeks feelings from the object that match his own.

empathetic style originates from Fi/Te axis, while abstraction originates from Ti/Fe axis. since its pretty clear that you are an EP, if you can figure out which way do you look into art, you can figure out whether you are T or F.

I have noticed that people tend to usually do the opposite when creating art to when looking at art. person using abstract style would create art that has the feeling of the persons life who created it(but it may not be apparent to people viewing the work, since its usually too abstract projection, that may not make any sense to others). and people with empathizing style would make his work alive and active. but this is just a personal observation, so dont lean on this too much and think about this purely on when looking into art make by other people.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    there are two ways looking into art:

and is the opposite of empathizing in other areas also. abstraction projects the persons own feelings onto the object, while empathy kinda seeks feelings from the object that match his own.

empathetic style originates from Fi/Te axis, while abstraction originates from Ti/Fe axis. since its pretty clear that you are an EP, if you can figure out which way do you look into art, you can figure out whether you are T or F.

I have noticed that people tend to usually do the opposite when creating art to when looking at art. person using abstract style would create art that has the feeling of the persons life who created it(but it may not be apparent to people viewing the work, since its usually too abstract projection, that may not make any sense to others). and people with empathizing style would make his work alive and active. but this is just a personal observation, so dont lean on this too much and think about this purely on when looking into art make by other people.
    Why the names "abstract" and "empathy"? Pretty misleading if you ask me.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Why the names "abstract" and "empathy"? Pretty misleading if you ask me.
    empathy is because the person is using empathy on the subject. cba to look the explanation why abstract is called abstract and the explanation of these two styles on jungs book 'psychological types' is about 10 pages long anyways.. but it has alot to do with the fact that abstract style is more keen on abstract art, since he doesent need it to have part of his own life in it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

ESFP

One of the things I look at when trying to determine someones type is figuring out if they are Fe vs. Fi. This narrows down the possibilities from 16 to 8 types. I believe you have a Fi preference vs. Fe. I also think you are a Se dom ---> ESFP/ESTP. ESFP have auxilliary Fi, ESTP's have tertiary Fe, hence my conclusion (albeit after only a brief analysis *insert disclaimer legalese*) I'd like to add that Fi is not very emotive, in my opinion, unless they are comfortable, extroversion not withstanding.

P.S. My wife is an ESTP which I figured out after about a year of messing around with MBTI. As soon as we have any discussion involving more than 2 minutes of her time it had better be: a) a discussion about action that is imminent, b) something that highly interests her, or else her eyes quickly glaze over as she gazes at the ships on the horizon. *shakes fist at Se* The Nike commercial "Just Do It" and then "play it by ear" comes to mind.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Let's see if simple approach works =)

Pick one more like you:

experiencing, trying, scanning for what is

interconnecting, interpreting, focusing on possibilities

Pick the one more like you:

considering importance, clarifying values, deciding something to stand for

categorizing, analyzing how something works, clafiying definitions for precision

I'm sure you can guess what these represent, but a lot of the descriptions out there are more long-winded. Maybe this can help a bit.

Also, you may notice that the impression I am starting with is that you are an ExxP of some sort.