First 23456 Last

Thread: What am I?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Do you prefer to smell the familiar or a new smell? Do you have a habit at smelling something over and over again?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I just look for excitement. Attention. Adrenaline. Novelties. Just payed attention yesterday at how long it takes until I don't notice music anymore: between 20 and 30 seconds. It's not that I don't hear it, I just don't really notice it, the sensation is not coming in, it doesn't take part of my experience. When I listen to music actively, it take approximately 2 minutes after I can't listen to it anymore and I need something new. Maybe adventure is a better word.

And I smell something new everytime and I search information about the things I smell. I hate smelling the same things over and over again. Guess why I have seven different deodorants and nine different perfumes.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTJ

Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you. (Archetypal SeFi)

or

Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen. (Archetypal NeFi)

or

What's your interest in knowing? Is it going to make an important difference? (Archetypal trick question)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't really know if I get in sync with other people physically at all, however I do remember such thing from a far past - when my social life was still normal and I wasn't a traumatized and paranoid wreck yet. But that must have been before I went to high school (they really fucked me up there). I'm not really the person for magical and meaningful things. I think it's vague. I don't like things that are vague, otherwhise I would have engaged in some new age bullshit a long time ago. And knowing is just fun. If I know stuff, I can tell other people about what I know. It's nothing special. I dunno, these questions are way too new age to me. I feel like I'm in a intake conversation for a magnetic chakra massage. Could you be a bit more clear, because my karma's gonna explode.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

What would you like to hear?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

why are you interested in mbti at all if you can't relate to any type descriptions? i don't mean this offensively, i'm just curious.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I don't really know if I get in sync with other people physically at all, however I do remember such thing from a far past - when my social life was still normal and I wasn't a traumatized and paranoid wreck yet. But that must have been before I went to high school (they really fucked me up there). I'm not really the person for magical and meaningful things. I think it's vague. I don't like things that are vague, otherwhise I would have engaged in some new age bullshit a long time ago. And knowing is just fun. If I know stuff, I can tell other people about what I know. It's nothing special. I dunno, these questions are way too new age to me. I feel like I'm in a intake conversation for a magnetic chakra massage. Could you be a bit more clear, because my karma's gonna explode.
    Kinky.

When Ns talk, they're trying to help people who listen to them be more N. Same for S people, but they're aiming for more S. People structure their talk with what they're good at and what they'd like to see more of from the people and things around them. So Ns do "vague" and "new age" and perhaps later they'd like to massage your chakras. Vague new age first, massage second.

Every so often though, when they feel comfortable, they'll dip into the other side, an N'll try out some S work and an S some N. Like, Oh, I read somewhere that ESPs are usually ahead of the curve when it comes to fashions, they can often be so automatically aware of the physical environment over time that they'll see the next wave before it comes and be already riding it when it arrives.

And you have a pic somewhere extolling the virtues of ugly shorts?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I am interested in what I am, otherwhise I didn't start this thread. However, I think it's frustrating that I can't relate to any single type and lots of times when I do these tests the questions are vague to me. Lots of times I have to answer "I don't know" to these questions, because the questions feel a bit out there to me. Why not keep it simple? And yes, I have pictures of me in shorts, but extolling the virtues of it? WTF? Maybe that's why I don't understand when someone's looking for inspiration, I'm just too simple for it.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I am interested in what I am, otherwhise I didn't start this thread. However, I think it's frustrating that I can't relate to any single type and lots of times when I do these tests the questions are vague to me. Lots of times I have to answer "I don't know" to these questions, because the questions feel a bit out there to me. Why not keep it simple? And yes, I have pictures of me in shorts, but extolling the virtues of it? WTF? Maybe that's why I don't understand when someone's looking for inspiration, I'm just too simple for it.
    Hokay, on the keep-it-simple rule: you're ESFP.

On the keep-it-real rule: getting tagged like that by someone else doesn't tell you anything much. You are what you are.

If types are real, they describe two important characteristics of any person: what kind of information they like to take in and what kind of decisions they like to make about that information. In the case of ESFP, one likes to take in lots of sensory information and when new information appears, then all other things being equal it's interesting to follow up on that experience and see how far the it can go. As for decision-making: happiness and personal rightness are better than sadness and feeling wrong.

Type also tells you something about which one you like better, taking in information or making decisions.

Still too high-level? Well then, assuming I am not a horribly bad communicator, and assuming I am attempting to communicate in ways that I like (by for example, giving broad overviews and describing the supposedly wide-ranging substance behind some system), what's missing in the communication that you'd prefer to see? Keep it simple, you said. And... well, come to think of it, if I speak about this stuff, I can't keep it simple. What can be simple however is experience. Some event where people get together and do some activities that let the differences between people show up. Like, for example, get a bunch of Ns to give someone directions to the airport, and get the same directions from a bunch of Ss and see if they're different. Would that be simple?

If it is, then S (especially if the experience is substantial in itself, as opposed to the experience being full of complex connections to other unrelated stuff.... probably). If you still don't know, I'll email you my Paypal number and we can get started on fleecing whoever pays your bills helping you out properly.

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, I prefer making decisions. Information usually comes in an overload and in that case I'll have to take a nap first before I can finally understand it. Like a few weeks ago, I was at statistics class and I had to figure things out in a group. The others were speculating all these things I didn't understand and then I really had to get them to the point because I didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Our teacher decided it would be fun to do a quiz and I was the leader in my group, you see. I really had to get my team members to decide, because it was all too much for me. But I can't listen to other people for too long anyway, especially when they use difficult words and proverbs. I mean, seriously, just say what you want to say and say it simple.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here