• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ive been an ESFP, ISFP, and an INFP? how come?

liYA

How come when things are going good in my life im an ESFP, when things are soso im an ISFP , and when things are bad im in INFP?

Im so confused

This is within four years

I know im growing up im only 17 but I dont think things should be switching up that much ?

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
esfp's are happy and generally social butterflies. isfp's are nice, but definitely a bit shy, and very artsy. infp's have a tendency to become very depressed because of their idealism and imagination, which leads to high expectations.

don't worry, i tested as an istj and estj in high school until I finally routinely settled into being an intj. people often test as what they wish they were and are often affected by their moods (if you're depressed, you might answer a question cynically for example).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I test INFJ, INFP, and ENFP.

People have also suggested I might be ESFP or ENFJ (No.Fucking.Way...if they met me IRL...um, no way, just not extroverted enough for either one) or ISFP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you're right that your type probably isn't changing that much. :]

people often test as what they wish they were and are often affected by their moods (if you're depressed, you might answer a question cynically for example).

:yes:

i also test lots of different things... INFP, INFJ, ENFP, and ISFP - once even INTJ - depending on how i'm feeling that day, and how good the test was!

my personal guess (based off little info lol) is that you are a fairly socially-extraverted ISFP, and you pull in iNtuition to give you extra help when things are going poorly, but your natural preference is for Sensing. ISFPs are known to be the most "extraverted introverts", which may account for your feeling ExFP often.

-

if you want to get deeper into being sure of your type and learning about the MBTI, the Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes site has descriptions of all the jungian functions, which are the 8 cognitive preferences that technically determine your type. they're combinations of the regular letters N, S, T, and F, plus "attitudes" - whether someone uses them to look at the external world (extraversion) or the internal world (introversion). the combination will give you a function like extraverted Sensing (often abbreviated as Se), which means looking at the external world through the lens of Sensing.

an ESFP prefers primarily extraverted Sensing (Sensing applied to external objects/people/ideas) and secondarily introverted Feeling (Feeling applied to oneself and what lies inside objects/people/ideas); an ISFP prefers introverted/internal Feeling first and then extraverted/external Sensing; and an ENFP prefers extraverted/external iNtuition and then introverted/internal Feeling.