• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What if I'm dead wrong

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've been fooled by some MBTI stereotypes, even though I've tried to avoid them at all costs. I get a feeling of ENxx. I do enjoy being silly daily; I do enjoy organizing daily. I get really genuine anxiety and annoyance when someone is not being efficient. Yet, however strong Te I have, it might be the end result of some development from Ti and something else.

Yeah, what would change if my type changed? I'd write a different code in my little box yes, lol. I am not at loss with my life in here. My life is attached to situations and conditions that have not changed with this. What I'm evaluating here is the MBTI as a decent tool for me. Using it requires me to have a sure understanding of my type, I think. Perhaps I'll find an official MBTI practitioner somewhere near and take the test.

Meanwhile, I'll offer you a musical score I've enjoyed today:

John William's Parade of the Ewoks. Enjoy.

YouTube - Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - The Parade of the Ewoks

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people think ENFPs are "meaner" than ENTPs because of tertiary Te. ENFPs are known for something called "Te push" which is heavily guided by their Fi values, making us more direct, and even more confrontational, than INFPs.

Silly Sapienne and I have both been called "Hitler" at some point in our lives, apparently.
Yes, And I also have plenty "Jerk" INFP friends.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Just a quick thought - I enjoy many situations where most, if not all, feel the situation is chaotic. I usually have enough of a plan and understanding in the situation, that the shred of order is enough for me.

I don't like myself being clueless or directionless one bit though.

Jaguar

Just a quick thought - I enjoy many situations where most, if not all, feel the situation is chaotic. I usually have enough of a plan and understanding in the situation, that the shred of order is enough for me.

I don't like myself being clueless or directionless one bit though.

Compare the above comment to what you posted 3 years ago:

My results:

* O: 90
* C: 13
* E: 89
* A: 22
* N: 11

Studied and self-identified ENTP with INTP test results with some tests.

Perhaps giving some thought to ENTP, again, might not be a bad idea.
You enjoy situations where most feel the situation is chaotic?
What kind of situations are you referring to?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
First of all, you are crazy.
:laugh: That about sums it up.

All kidding aside, I'd go with ENTP. Of course that's just from very brief forum exchanges and of course taking into consideration MBTI is an indicator.

KDude

If you're confused on ENTP or J, just ask yourself if you get along with ISFjs or ISFps more (Socionics wise).

If you're ENTp, ISFjs probably treat you like crap - or at best, there's a lot of angry sex.. Even if you're ISFp, you might not get along.

Also, if you know real ESFps, do they shit on your ideas, and say "you think too much", or are they stimulated..? Do you discuss topics meant specifically for taking a lot of action (rather than for their own sake or for fun).

And yes, I'm kinda serious :cool:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're confused on ENTP or J, just ask yourself if you get along with ISFjs or ISFps more (Socionics wise).
A lot of ENTPs aren't ILE, so that's a bad metric. A lot of ENTPs are ILI or EIE (Kennedy was an ENTP EIE for example), and a few of the more domineering ones (Enneagram-8 or counter-phobic 6 mostly) are SLE or SEE.

And I'm sorry if I sound like a broken disk here, but frankly, seeing Socionics and MBTI mentioned in the same sentence kinda rubs me the wrong way. Socionics intertype relationships do not work for MBTI types.

KDude

Maybe you're right. It's just one idea out of many. I would argue about it, but I'm tired, and I'm just speaking from my experience with the "Gamma" mindset.

Personally, I don't make a big deal out of all of these conflictions you make between the two. I think it's a little overstated. I think most people who don't conflict with ISFJ are neither ENTP (MBTI) or ILE.

And on a sidenote, you're just as much in your "shadow". To be ESTJ here and ENFj there is funny. I hate to retype you, so it's all in good fun.. but I think you're an ISTj (proud asshole... possibly with mustache) who's just dual seeking for an ENFj (No offense on saying you're in a shadow..It happens to everyone).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mind, really, but I'm not anywhere near direct or power-hungry enough IRL to be Se-ego. :laugh: If anything ESTJ is the more likely of the two types to be wrong, but I'm pretty goddamn sure my analytical style is Te rather than Ti. That, and my Ne is markedly weaker than it appears -- I actively force it, because it makes me more fun to be around -- hence Fe-ego.

I do rock a bitchin' Van Dyke though. :cool:

And, the problem here is that the two systems measure two completely different aspects of your personality. Whereas MBTI measures the perspective from which you view the world, Socionics attempts to directly measure how you interact with the world, and with other people. Because X mindset does not automatically equate to Y behavior, an MBTI type does not really have to fall within an expected range of Socionics types. Essentially, refusing to see potential conflict between Socionics and MBTI equals pigeonholing (worse, even, because the expected behavior of Socionics IM elements is actually more in line with their opposite functions on MBTI; the J/P switch actually is more likely to happen for extroverts rather than introverts).

That said, I actually like Socionics better. Because Socionics-related behavior is closer to the surface, it's easier to spot, and the whole intertype relationship structure is very useful.

KDude

Fair enough. You should consider ISTj though.. and grow a mustache, if you haven't already. I think it could work for you. :rolleyes: ;)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You enjoy situations where most feel the situation is chaotic?
What kind of situations are you referring to?

Thanks. Uhh, situations:
-there's crowd disorder on the street
-A power figure we've known for long presents information contrary to what everyone's used to
-deliveries have been delayed, projects depend on them and deadlines are coming.
-some artsy people "infiltrate" a rather mundane group of my and friends. People don't know what to make of the "disturbance".
-Important piece of equipment breaks down. I don't have extra money, and my important data were on it. I seems that I don't have time to recreate the data.
-We have a plan to go out and enjoy our time in the wild. Our transportation seems to be unreliable, someone's injured their ankle, someone needs to go to the bathroom that doesn't exist and our map seems unreliable.
-A new flavor of belief system is propagating amongst some people. Adapting to the new beliefs alters their perceptions, values and allegiance. The belief system may be from religion, technology or anything.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fair enough. You should consider ISTj though.. and grow a mustache, if you haven't already. I think it could work for you. :rolleyes: ;)
As I mentioned on edit, I have one. :tongue:

KDude

Thanks. Uhh, situations:
-A power figure we've known for long presents information contrary to what everyone's used to
-deliveries have been delayed, projects depend on them and deadlines are coming.
-some artsy people "infiltrate" a rather mundane group of my and friends. People don't know what to make of the "disturbance".
-Important piece of equipment breaks down. I don't have extra money, and my important data were on it. I seems that I don't have time to recreate the data.
-We have a plan to go out and enjoy our time in the wild. Our transportation seems to be unreliable, someone's injured their ankle, someone needs to go to the bathroom that doesn't exist and our map seems unreliable.
-A new flavor of belief system is propagating amongst some people. Adapting to the new beliefs alters their perceptions, values and allegiance. The belief system may be from religion, technology or anything.

When you deal with said "chaos", do you mean you're just cool with it... or do you provide your input (or even clamp down)?

Man, I can't even wait in a Starbucks drive thru line sometimes without grumbling or the occassional "HURRY UP MOTHERFUCKER!" I hate slow people. I hate bad traffic. I hate some little shit trying to front or infliltrate my "party".. I've been known to just lay people out, without any argument. Argument is a waste of time, and some chaos must be killed.

Yet I typed as ISFP once. :blush:

The only reason why I'm nicer nowadays is because baby Jesus told me to be. I'm pretty sure I'm not a natural Fi-dom though.

Just saying.. compare my behavior to yours..what true Se or Te dom like impulse looks like sometimes. Not that you have to be a sociopath like me (besides, that's just one side of myself), but I'd say you'd have to be a little bit :laugh: (also, pat yourself on the back if you're not).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. Uhh, situations:
Enjoying these kinds of situations sounds pretty Se. Maybe that's your tertiary acting up, or you could be ESTP (it's remarkable how often those two types mistype as one another). What do you usually do in that kind of situation?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, And I also have plenty "Jerk" INFP friends.

What do you mean by "jerk"?

People of any type can be jerks. I mostly find INFPs to be annoying and stubborn and passive-aggressive when they're being jerks. In fact, INFPs can really annoy the piss out of me.

An ENFP on the other hand is more likely to actively take control or cause agitation...the agitation can be due to Ne (like playful experimentation, silliness) or Fi values (speaking out strongly about political issues, etc.) ...or the whole Te flip where the person will just suddenly rise up and take control out of nowhere, even if they aren't usually a people-monitor. When I'm fed up or I'm walking into complete asshattery, I'll raise my voice and become extremely rigid and task oriented...I almost seem to lose all Fi. That's what I mean by "Hitler."

Jaguar

How about if someone stole your car. Would you enjoy that, too? :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks. Uhh, situations:

I only find two of those things "enjoyable" - artsy people infiltrating a group or new belief system popping up - both of those things are GREAT and seem related to Ne, or maybe even just N, in general.

The other things seem more Se, like Aleksei said. The stuff you're talking about seems like the kind of drama my ESFP mother likes handling, and I hate that shit.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How about if someone stole your car. Would you enjoy that, too? :D
Ok, that one is not enjoyable. I can't orientate myself to negate the loss :)

Losing some equipment and data, perhaps toleratable would be a better description. Depends though. Actually I go to great lengths to prevent important data from disappearing. So if something does disappear, chances are it wasn't important :blush:

I thought of some counterexamples as well. I am not some carefree lad who's able to be cool with any disturance and loss. Some things greatly trouble me, even if for just a few seconds.. a sample is here.

-I'm in a hurry and I can't find my wallet or phone, even though I don't know that I'll need them.
-I'm in a middle of a intense computer game, and someone steps into my field of vision, however distant from me.
-I'm choosing to share a pizza with someone. After a few seconds of browsing the menu, I've decided, but the other person tries to guess what I really wanted and insists to contemplate their decision more. I tell them to choose the damn pizza, and they go back to ponder what I would like. (Damn with what I want. I want to eat. One cannot eat the pizza choosing procedure.)
-I've asked of my friend if he wants to meet a third friend. He says ok, but when the other friend arrives, he goes mute, and doesn't participate in anything that we do. I really do expect people to understand that being "mute" is not ok, and if they felt the need to be that way in a certain condition, they should warn about it.
-I'm doing some financial arrangements, and someone close to me tells of an opportunity that's worth 400eur and costs 140eur. He could actually take the difference as a profit. He gets stuck wondering if he shoudl really take the opportunity or not; he reasons, that perhaps he doesn't have use for the valuable item in question. I tell them to buy it and sell it, but they hesitate. Inefficiency! Missed opportunity! Poor handling of money! Poor reasoning! AArrgh!

Jaguar

Inefficiency! Missed opportunity! Poor handling of money! Poor reasoning! AArrgh!

I think you need to chill out. Lol.
Your DISC scores were far more informative than anything you are saying here.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh.

People pondering duality (Kdude and others) really got myself thinking. I thought for many days which thought patterns I followed in my childhood. Then I wondered some possibilities:

ISFP. Well, being antithesis to what I feel like most (even now), it might be .. too little information to know. I met my favorite ISFP the other day; he and I share the like for some extreme sports (thought to associate with Se), which I shared with him, but we didn't get much further discussion on that. I think he does those sports a bit more than I.

INFP. I know a bit more of INFP than I know of ISFP, and I believe INFP would be a better match in some way.. some way. Not sure.

ENTP. Yes, now this touches some Big5 results I've got. Jaguar pointed out that I had identified myself as ENTP 3 years ago and had very high E, O and very low N. Probably typical of ENTP and few other types. Low A. Low C, typical of ENTP. I thought about this for days. I think I hit a development phase in my life few years ago, and I decided that upping my "A", agreeableness would be cool, but it would also bring disturbance and might not be worth it. I really did not see the profit in developing to that direction. Then I decided on my conscientiousness, and decided that although it wouldn't feel cool to be more conscientious, I would get more out of my life by learning that, and I would really have to develop that. So, I'm seeing that I've taken years to see what increased conscientiousness would do to me, and I'm happy about the results. I still really prefer to stay close to middle. There's so many great benefits to be had by not maxing out that scale. My optimum, really, is to be a bit conscientious .. a bit J. Random variation, given situation, really moves me from high P to high J. Flexibility, madness - I'm not taking stance now.

ENTJ. Yes, why not.

ENFJ why not that too.

ENFP. It's feasible, but with the reservation that my values have developed to the point that I prefer to act otherwise.

Then about socionics. I haven't studied them so intensely so far, so I have been unable to respond.

Then, what I know of myself.

DISC says I'm a dominating, influential individual, and as little influential I am (I would wish for more), I am influential enough in the realm of this test. No, I am not influential enough to decide on big money, fate of humanity or the fate of one employee. But yes, I am influential in the realm of this test. Other aspects? Well, C has developed just as my big5 scores. I'm talking about conscientiousness. I have no need to artificially boost my C scores, something I doubted of myself perhaps 2 years ago. At that time, I thought that C is the winner, and people who associate with it see themselves as a winner type - making their self-examination a suspecting one. Now I've come in terms with it, and see that I'm slightly more conscientious than I'm not.

I've pondered if I've reversed my behavior or thinking because of some trauma, distress or anything such.

I can't understand my life long enough in the past that I would understand the desire for introversion from another reason than shyness. S/N, I guess that somewhat intelligent people prefer N on the average, and the amount that I prefer N doesn't give a clue of my true preference. I've thought of this too. In some ways, I am S kind of guy, but I'm able to understand very many layers from bottom to top, just on the basis of reason and concrete evidence. Then again, I remember learning physics and chemistry. Knowing that we are built of atoms had a profound effect on me. I thought myself on the basis of that perspective for a long time. I thought it was the most substantial system of knowledge that could be used, yet far away, because there are far too much atoms to calculate them all and conduct our daily business thinking about them. I understood that abstractions refer to patterns in things, and they are far more effective in reflecting the reality. So if I'm S or N, I do not know. If I don't have to control the variable (statistics speak), then I'm N. If I do have to control the variable, then I'm S or N, I do not know.

If I make a simplistic probabilistic model and assume MBTI type letters as independent, I arrive at this: 90% confidence of being more E than I, 65% confidence of being more N than S, 60% confidence of being more T than F, and 56% confidence of being more J than P. If the variables are independent, my highest probability will be ENTJ, with a bit less than 20% chance.
ENTJ: 20% chance
ENTP: 15% chance
ENFJ: 13% chance
ESTJ: 10,5% chance

If I go by function preference, I guess there's different order to be had. I know of Ti that I professed Ti because of inability. When I learned, I started to prefer Te over Ti. This is at suspect though, because what I've learned doesn't give a completely credible view of Te. I think that Ti is well handled though. I don't know if more resources would help me.

And what it matters.. well, I thought about this for days, then again for days after it, the thing didn't cross my mind. I've been busy applying my methods of bayesian statistic to search tree algorithms. It sounds stereotypically NT but could be anything. I've drank and eaten good food and exercised, which suggest.. hell, any type.

OCEAN and DISC really come ahead in this task. I forgot to mention it in the thread of most reliable tests, but OCEAN has been really good for me. Reliable and accurate. Even though I like myself, like other people and I'm happy, I'm still not agreeable, although there's a nagging feeling that I should be. I think that being agreeable is a winner attitude in a way, but I don't care for that kind of win. I do desire win in almost all of it's forms, but I do not wish a win in that.

Puhh. I'm sorry to be under influence while writing this message.
ENFP: 10,2% chance