User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 41

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    In theory, xnfps have a tendency to appear xntj due to extraverted function. They can be harsh, direct, manipulative etc. You could be the latter but "bouncinees" displayed in your OP made me think Ne.
    More likely ENFP than INFP you're describing here.

  2. #12
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I think you could have steeped into your ESTJ shadow side? Except it's not like you're N would completely disappear, so some of your planning could possibly be mistaken for Ni/ENTJ.

    There's a rather funny story in Naomi Quenk's book, about a college dean (or maybe it was a professor) who carried himself in a way that made the students nervous as hell. At a certain point, the school had MBTI tests done, faculty included. To everyone's surprise, he was an INFP The story went into it a little further, on how he was just emulating what he thought was required of him in his position, due to his own personal experiences.. he had been living in his shadow due to pressure, and for the sake of career.

    Anyhow, I don't think it's uncommon for people who get into different sides of themselves. I've got my own stories too.

  3. #13
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    A post is coming. I've rethought every post in here 5 times. I'll have to give it more time though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #14
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    More likely ENFP than INFP you're describing here.
    From experience, I disagree. Values are probably largely involved here.

  5. #15
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    you are likely isfp
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  6. #16
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    ^Not a bad guess..

    The whole dual sided nature of types interests me.. I think that's why some celebrities may be hard to type too. People think Gaga is INFJ or ESTP - she could be a little of both. Or Angelina Jolie.. an ISTP with a Fe side that could shame most people (that, or she's ENFJ with an ISTP side). Kobe Bryant almost seems like ISFP/ENTJ. Richard Pryor is probably an INJ of some kind - and funnier and raunchier than any ESPs.

    This idea that we are all convenient little archetypes who have predictable habits never sat well with me. INFP doesn't "have" to be some emokid, or INFJ doesn't have to be mystical psychic Jesus, or ESTPs don't have to be pornstar conmen, or ENTJs don't have to be "unfeeling dictators", or whatever.. like we are all destined to live out life according to some blueprint.

    Anyways, sorry for ranting.. it's been on my mind lately. Personally, I've always hated be told what to do or what to be, and that's exactly what MBTI does a bit, unintentionally. And I observe all of the time how it's just not how life works for many people.

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    From experience, I disagree. Values are probably largely involved here.
    Some people think ENFPs are "meaner" than ENTPs because of tertiary Te. ENFPs are known for something called "Te push" which is heavily guided by their Fi values, making us more direct, and even more confrontational, than INFPs.

    Silly Sapienne and I have both been called "Hitler" at some point in our lives, apparently. If you take a survey of the INFPs on the board, you'll probably find that's far less likely the case with them.

  8. #18
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Silly Sapienne and I have both been called "Hitler" at some point in our lives, apparently.
    Hey, I was called an ubermensch one time (lol.. totally overblown). More in the "might makes right" sense, not the Hitler sense. Although I don't believe that.. Yet sometimes I get this urge to hone in on what's useful, cut the bullshit, and push. The only thing is, I know it's not my strong/mature point. I don't want to overdo it (I have the Catholic guilt, I think).

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hey, I was called an ubermensch one time (lol.. totally overblown). More in the "might makes right" sense, not the Hitler sense. Although I don't believe that.. Yet sometimes I get this urge to hone in on what's useful, cut the bullshit, and push. The only thing is, I know it's not my strong/mature point. I don't want to overdo it (I have the Catholic guilt, I think).
    I was in high school at the time. I don't really do it now, but if there's a situation that's in chaos and nobody steps up to take control, and it HAS to be dealt with...I will. And it's not in an Fe sense of wanting to guide people or control people on a daily basis at all. It comes more in spurts and is often more about task management, or controlling (or motivating) A COMPLETELY INTOLERABLE SITUATION. It takes a lot for me to get there. I don't have an ExxJ temperament, so I usually want to be left alone...that means in reality I don't spend much time policing others, nor do I care to. It's definitely exaggerated flashes of tertiary Te...I think it was uglier when I was younger and less mature, and when it comes out now it's often because of stress, or because of just wanting to "cut the crap" like you said.

    I still use Te on a regular basis. But there's a difference between using tert Te and actually going into full-blown SCARY mode.

  10. #20
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Oh my god, I wrote a post longer than an hour and my session expired. So here comes an abstract of what I wrote. Far less elaborate than the original, mind you.

    -I've had repressed E in childhood. E is my true self. In my adulthood, I has been because of troubles, whereas E has been because of I've wanted it so.

    -N/S is hard to decide. I've had grassroots approach to many issues in my childhood, but huge enthusiasm and acceptance of N concepts. My theory - I've been strong N with a value on concreteness and realness.

    -T/F values. I think the T favors somewhat. F values have been distant, whereas T has been direct. Perhaps because of hurt feelings, immature personality as a child, I don't know what.

    -I get a combination of man-like and woman-like brain patterns. For a reason or another, I've never thought of myself as anything other than a hetero man. This is also a natural state and not a result of repression. I think this condition makes my life more enjoyable, but it makes me harder to decide on some subjects. I think I would have been extremely quick with my judgements without this effect. I think this gives me more like an appearance of P.

    -I'm 33.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. what if cities had personality types?
    By mollyowens in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 09:46 AM
  2. What if we organized type this way...
    By 527468 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 06:09 AM
  3. Hypothetical: What if...?
    By iwakar in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
  4. What if
    By pocket lint in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:22 AM
  5. What if everyone intelligent would go on strike
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO