User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: ESFP or ESFJ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default ESFP or ESFJ?

    Right, so today I returned to work after attending a training course for a week (plus a few vacation days thow-in for good measure) and had a disturbing epiphany, I might have a very strong J tendency. This is disturbing becuase that would make me a Guardian, my least favorite of all types.

    Any thoughts? And no, I'm not asking becuase I want attention. I want clarification!

  2. #2
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Right, so today I returned to work after attending a training course for a week (plus a few vacation days thow-in for good measure) and had a disturbing epiphany, I might have a very strong J tendency. This is disturbing becuase that would make me a Guardian, my least favorite of all types.

    Any thoughts? And no, I'm not asking becuase I want attention. I want clarification!
    Se/Fi or Fe/Si

    you seem way more Se/Fi. way more.

    forget all that need for closure stuff. it's bs.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Se/Fi or Fe/Si

    you seem way more Se/Fi. way more.

    forget all that need for closure stuff. it's bs.
    Perhaps. However, it's not closure that concerns me but rather my incessant need to write down every task I need to accomplish and not being happy until those tasks are accomplished. Also please consider the following:

    - I become very uptight when I am late for an appointment.
    - (This prompted the epiphany) I planned this whole week before I went to training a week and a half ago.
    - Being responsible has always been a great source of pride for me.

    As always I will not criticize your suggestions. So let'em rip.

  4. #4
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Perhaps. However, it's not closure that concerns me but rather my incessant need to write down every task I need to accomplish and not being happy until those tasks are accomplished. Also please consider the following:

    - I become very uptight when I am late for an appointment.
    - (This prompted the epiphany) I planned this whole week before I went to training a week and a half ago.
    - Being responsible has always been a great source of pride for me.

    As always I will not criticize your suggestions. So let'em rip.
    hmm. well i'm wondering why you kept saying you don't think about the future then.

    maybe you're ESFP with strong Te?

  5. #5
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    hmm. well i'm wondering why you kept saying you don't think about the future then.

    maybe you're ESFP with strong Te?
    Allow me to clarify. I don't think about the future in the abstract. For example: what will life be like in 350 years?

    However, I do carefully consider the consequences of most of my actions. For example at work today I essentially had to decide between upsetting my current boss or upsetting a potential future boss. I chose to upset my current boss.

  6. #6
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Perhaps. However, it's not closure that concerns me but rather my incessant need to write down every task I need to accomplish and not being happy until those tasks are accomplished. Also please consider the following:

    - I become very uptight when I am late for an appointment.
    - (This prompted the epiphany) I planned this whole week before I went to training a week and a half ago.
    - Being responsible has always been a great source of pride for me.

    As always I will not criticize your suggestions. So let'em rip.
    Maybe it would make sense to let some of this settle in your mind. Give yourself a chance to reflect on types and their tendencies and preferences.

    Have you developed an understanding of type theory eg the dominant, auxiliary function... read a book like "please understand me"?

    -Geoff

  7. #7
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I do carefully consider the consequences of most of my actions.
    if that's true, you most likely aren't ESxP.

  8. #8
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Maybe it would make sense to let some of this settle in your mind. Give yourself a chance to reflect on types and their tendencies and preferences.

    Have you developed an understanding of type theory eg the dominant, auxiliary function... read a book like "please understand me"?

    -Geoff
    MBTI has been a hobby of mine for at least two or three years and although I have not read an actual book on the subject I have read through almost every site I could find on the subject (Keirsey, Personality Pages, Personality Pathways, MyPersonality.info, MyersBriggs, Linda Berens, INFJ vs. INFP, etc.).

    See, one of the reasons I joined this site was I could see myself in all of the types. Although apparently this is a common occurrence.

    Please understand, and this is not meant as an affront to this incredible forum and its members, I love this stuff but it is only a hobby.

    One of the members hit the nail square on the head when he or she said (might have been Aelan) that I like engaging others. And I do but I also like entertaining possibilities. Hence my many threads regarding my type.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    if that's true, you most likely aren't ESxP.
    Perhaps. Please see post # 8.

    I've got to go but look forward to discussing this later tongiht.

    Cheers,

    Dave

  10. #10
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    JustDave, somehow you strike me as an ESTP.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] Famous ESFP or Celebrities
    By Speed Gavroche in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 12:16 PM
  2. ESFP, ESTP or ESFJ?
    By bedroom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 08:49 AM
  3. ESFP or INFP Celebrities
    By Vicki in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO