• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
My last thread, INFJ or INTJ, gave me a lot of insight into my personality. Given this new insight I want to start over with a clean analysis. Also, I feel more like myself today so might answers might make more sense.

Every test I have ever taken has indicated that I am either an INTJ or an INFJ but I don't agree with that assesment anymore.

So am I an ESTP?

All questions, comments and hate mail are welcome :D

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Hey Dave,

If you feel you don't fit the description of a certain type, that doesn't mean that you're more likely to be the exact opposite of it - I don't think you should consider type that way. That's all I'm going to say as I couldn't really bridge the gap between "I don't agree with INFJ/INTJ" and "Am I ESTP?" in any other way...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Allow me to elaborate.

From what I have read over and what I know about personality types I believe I act like an INFJ when depressed yet like an ESTP when feeling normal.

But, I am open to any and all posibilities. Except for SJ. I hate guardians:devil:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Then you may very well be one. Frankly, I don't know enough about you to say.
One way to narrow down your options would be to take the Cognitive Processes test which (supposedly) outlines which functions you use most. I hear it comes bundled with several grains of salt. Here it is: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

I have taken that test in the past and apparently I use Ti the most. Although most members of this forum are convinced my preference is Feeling.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My last thread, INFJ or INTJ, gave me a lot of insight into my personality. Given this new insight I want to start over with a clean analysis. Also, I feel more like myself today so might answers might make more sense.

Every test I have ever taken has indicated that I am either an INTJ or an INFJ but I don't agree with that assesment anymore.

So am I an ESTP?

All questions, comments and hate mail are welcome :D
I had a hard time figuring out if I was an INTJ or INFJ also.

Since you're feeling so well today, would you mind taking another test? Try to be objective. Think about the way you usually prefer or naturally feel more comfortable.

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Are you very critical of yourself?
Are you a perfectionist?

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
If you agree with the test's assessment, it might be a good idea to read up on INTP, ISTP, ENTP and ESTP descriptions, as those four have Ti as their main rational function. The descriptions at TypeLogic Home Page are all quite fine except the ISTP one, which to be honest seems somewhat inaccurate at best.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I had a hard time figuring out if I was an INTJ or INFJ also.

Since you're feeling so well today, would you mind taking another test? Try to be objective. Think about the way you usually prefer or naturally feel more comfortable.

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Are you very critical of yourself?
Are you a perfectionist?

What the ...?

Apparently I am an ESFP. Very interesting :D

Here are my scores: Extraverted 22, Sensing 38, Feeling 25, Perceiving 33.

So how do we validate these results? That is the first time I have ever received anything that wasn't INTJ or INFJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
post them! we'll tell you all about them! there are people here who LIVE to do such things! :devil:

Note of no importance: am I the only one who wishes they had a tail sometimes so that they could whip it around wickedly like this guy? ---> :devil:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes! Where is our translating sea sponge of MBTI knowledge?

redacted

What the ...?

So how do we validate these results? That is the first time I have ever received anything that wasn't INTJ or INFJ.

it's so easy to get the results on tests that you want to get. you can't fully trust tests.

can you please post your scores (ALL 8 functions) on the cognitiveprocesses test? i know gabe doesn't like it, but i think it's probably the best test on the internet. it's quite flawed, sure, but at least it will give us somewhere to start.

also, check out Terms With Nonobvious Meanings

look at Se and Ti for ESTP, or Fi/Ne for xNFP, or Ni/Te for INTJ, etc.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What the ...?

Well you DID say you are in an ESTP mood.

What about my other questions?
Are you really critical of yourself?
Do you struggle with perfectionism?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
it's so easy to get the results on tests that you want to get. you can't fully trust tests.

can you please post your scores (ALL 8 functions) on the cognitiveprocesses test? i know gabe doesn't like it, but i think it's probably the best test on the internet. it's quite flawed, sure, but at least it will give us somewhere to start.

Umm, I visited the nonobvious meanings website. Way too much reading involved. Sorry.

Also, I will re-take the cognitive assement and post my results.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Well you DID say you are in an ESTP mood.

What about my other questions?
Are you really critical of yourself?
Do you struggle with perfectionism?

I'm not very critical of myself except when it's concerning something I should be good at. For example I recently replaced the horn on my car and during the process i dropped the wrench about half a dozen times. That annoyed me greatly as i am usually well co-ordinated.

I'm not much of a perfectionist as (this probably sounds silly) i feel perfectionism ruins some of the magic.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.4)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.8)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.3)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.8)
average use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.5)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.6)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.2)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

redacted

Umm, I visited the nonobvious meanings website. Way too much reading involved. Sorry.

Also, I will re-take the cognitive assement and post my results.

lol. you've spent like 20something hours on this site in like 2 days, and you cant take a few minutes to figure out function meanings?

there are some really really really good definitions on that site.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
lol. you've spent like 20something hours on this site in like 2 days, and you cant take a few minutes to figure out function meanings?

there are some really really really good definitions on that site.

I can't help it. Big blocks of text make me sleepy. Neverthless I'll give it a go!

redacted

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.4)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.8)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.3)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.8)
average use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.5)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.6)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.2)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. well it's pretty unlikely you're an F. ESTP or ENTP i guess.

when you see a ball, do you see: it's round, it has stitches, it's white, it has writing on it, etc.
or do you see: it can bounce, it can roll, it can break windows, etc.
?

(credit to nocapszy for that one)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. well it's pretty unlikely you're an F. ESTP or ENTP i guess.

when you see a ball, do you see: it's round, it has stitches, it's white, it has writing on it, etc.
or do you see: it can bounce, it can roll, it can break windows, etc.
?

(credit to nocapszy for that one)

Ahh, the old N vs. S question :devil:

I would notice its shape before its potential.