• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Umm, I visited the nonobvious meanings website. Way too much reading involved. Sorry.
Haha! Totally an ExxP response!

Wouldn't that indicate more 8w7? Hmm.

And you've come to a decision! ESFP! Woo! ESFPs are fun! :)

Spot on. Here's my results from Eclectic energies.

Wing 8w7 - 12
Wing 8w9 - 11.7
Wing 7w8 - 11.4
Wing 9w8 - 10.9
Wing 3w2 - 9.1
Wing 2w3 - 8.1
Wing 9w1 - 7.7
Wing 7w6 - 7.6
Wing 3w4 - 7.2
Wing 2w1 - 5.7

That being said, I read the descriptions and 7w8 sounds more like me than 8w7. Although if I were an 8 it would explain why I dislike SJs. :unsure:

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand how you can make such a huge leap from one type to the other.

Okay, fair enough, I could see INTJ -> ENTJ, or INFJ -> INFP, but not INxJ to ESTP.

Dave, if you are an 8w7, you're probably a bit like me I can bet. Look at my results:

Type 8 - 10
Type 9 - 2.7
Type 7 - 2.3

Wing 8w9 - 11.3
Wing 8w7 - 11.2
Wing 9w8 - 7.7
Wing 7w8 - 7.3
Wing 9w1 - 3.9
Wing 7w6 - 2.4

According to the test, I have balanced wings. This makes quite a bit of sense.

That last point about SJs is false. There are some ESTJ Eights. The Mafia is a good example of this. Strong family ties, sense of duty and ability to undertake a lot of work. There will be conflictions with the SJ ideal, but there is certainly such a thing as an ESTJ Eight.

The only Artisan I feel at home with is the ESTP, and there are problems there. I hardly feel at home with the ESTJ (the only Guardian I could ever be), and I don't at all feel at home with any of the Idealists. However, three Rationals fit me; the ENTJ most of all, and a bit of the INTJ and the ENTP. My advice to you is to look into the four temperaments and see which one describes you best. IMO, Eights can be:

ESTJs
ESTPs
ENTJs
INTJs
ENTPs

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't understand how you can make such a huge leap from one type to the other.

Okay, fair enough, I could see INTJ -> ENTJ, or INFJ -> INFP, but not INxJ to ESTP.

not thinking of shadow types there Ezra? ;)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

He probably wasn't. Clever of you to make that observation.

Anyway, 8w7 sounds ESxP. I'll go with him on that. I suppose he could be a depressed one... I often wonder if some of the IN's on this site aren't just depressed ES's with shadow functions showing. I'm pretty sure I'm a J, enough that I'd never consider any EP type. Then again I'm 4w5, very introverted.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If you scroll down the previous page real quickly (posts 41-60), you'll see two dogs having a conversation! :smile:
It struck me kinda funny.
Then a cat jumps in the middle, too.

:blush: Maybe I should go do something constructive.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I swore i'd stay away but i just can't help myself :D

As usual Athenian and Whatever are right on the money.

Until yesterday the only times I took personality tests were when I was depressed. Which would explain the shadow.

See, when I joined this forum i was wondering whether or not i was an INTJ or INFJ. But after interacting with real intuitives it quickly became clear that i was neither and introvert nor an intuitive. And I think the ESFPs shadow is INTJ.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Dave, if you are an 8w7, you're probably a bit like me I can bet. Look at my results:

Type 8 - 10
Type 9 - 2.7
Type 7 - 2.3

Wing 8w9 - 11.3
Wing 8w7 - 11.2
Wing 9w8 - 7.7
Wing 7w8 - 7.3
Wing 9w1 - 3.9
Wing 7w6 - 2.4

According to the test, I have balanced wings. This makes quite a bit of sense.

That last point about SJs is false. There are some ESTJ Eights. The Mafia is a good example of this. Strong family ties, sense of duty and ability to undertake a lot of work. There will be conflictions with the SJ ideal, but there is certainly such a thing as an ESTJ Eight.

The only Artisan I feel at home with is the ESTP, and there are problems there. I hardly feel at home with the ESTJ (the only Guardian I could ever be), and I don't at all feel at home with any of the Idealists. However, three Rationals fit me; the ENTJ most of all, and a bit of the INTJ and the ENTP. My advice to you is to look into the four temperaments and see which one describes you best. IMO, Eights can be:

ESTJs
ESTPs
ENTJs
INTJs
ENTPs

Nothing personal, although i appreciate your insight the mere thought of being an ENTJ makes my skin crawl.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had this problem too, like some of you know out there. Had a couple of years of extreme archetypal CHAOS.

First I thought I was ENFJ, then INTP, then ENFP, then for a short while ENTJ and finally when the depression was over and I feel like my old self again, picking up on the "man of action"-style again, I do that test that measures strengths and weaknesses and it finds out that my main function is Ti, and that I could be ESTP or ESFP. And doing some more testing and reading to find out wether i'm T or F, I and others come to the conclusion that i'm ESTP.

This shadow type thing and types and depression can be really, really confusing.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Good call, my wifey! :wubbie: That's exactly what I was thinking, but was too tired to bother posting it last night. You so smart! :)

Nothing personal, although i appreciate your insight the mere thought of being an ENTJ makes my skin crawl.

ENTJ's do that to me too, only I enjoy it immensely. :D

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I've had this problem too, like some of you know out there. Had a couple of years of extreme archetypal CHAOS.

First I thought I was ENFJ, then INTP, then ENFP, then for a short while ENTJ and finally when the depression was over and I feel like my old self again, picking up on the "man of action"-style again, I do that test that measures strengths and weaknesses and it finds out that my main function is Ti, and that I could be ESTP or ESFP. And doing some more testing and reading to find out wether i'm T or F, I and others come to the conclusion that i'm ESTP.

This shadow type thing and types and depression can be really, really confusing.

You're damn right about that!!! I was so confused that i might have never determined my true type. And, too bad depression isn't a tangible thing because if it was i'd shoot it. :devil:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Good call, my wifey! :wubbie: That's exactly what I was thinking, but was too tired to bother posting it last night. You so smart! :)

ENTJ's do that to me too, only I enjoy it immensely. :D

To each his own.

I don't truly hate the ENTJ personality in the abstract, it's just that those of that personality type always seem to have goals that clash with my goals.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

a) Why?
b) Why, then, did INTJ ever cross your mind? Or INFJ for that matter (especially if you are an 8w7).

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't truly hate the ENTJ personality in the abstract, it's just that those of that personality type always seem to have goals that clash with my goals.

Is it because you both want similar things? 8's usually seek power, and if both of them want it, there's a conflict waiting to happen...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
a) Why?
b) Why, then, did INTJ ever cross your mind? Or INFJ for that matter (especially if you are an 8w7).

a - Becuase they are very domineering and I hate being controlled.
b - I was confused.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Is it because you both want similar things? 8's usually seek power, and if both of them want it, there's a conflict waiting to happen...

The difference I want power and control over myself. ENTJ's want to have the same over others. Come to think of it, I see your point :D

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Today I returned to work after attending a training course for a week and I had a slightly disturbing epiphany, I have a very strong J tendency. This is disturbing becuase that would make me a Guardian, my least favorite of all types.

Any thoughts? And no I'm not asking becuase I wan attention :tongue10:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's possible, but not probable.
Just because you used a lot of J today doesn't make you a J.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
True. One bank robbery does not make a master thief. However, I have always been this way especially with regard to school or work. Doubly so for school.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
True. One bank robbery does not make a master thief. However, I have always been this way especially with regard to school or work. Doubly so for school.

How we are at work/school is not necessarily whom we really are - we tend to take traits which will help us at work, and water down those not conducive.

I'm very J at work, in order to get things done. :)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
How we are at work/school is not necessarily whom we really are - we tend to take traits which will help us at work, and water down those not conducive.

I'm very J at work, in order to get things done. :)

Not that I am fighting your analysis but I am also very J at home. Except when I make the concious decision to abandon my routine, such as last week for example.