User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: ESTP?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Not that I am fighting your analysis but I am also very J at home. Except when I make the concious decision to abandon my routine, such as last week for example.
    And that's my point, doggie. Is personality under conscious control, or that which comes out when you're relaxed?

I think you're under some kind of stress which is morphing you into your shadow processes. But you can't use them really well. Hence your confusion and the need to straighten out what type you are here - without internal clarity, you're not able to find that external path out of things, is it?

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    And that's my point, doggie. Is personality under conscious control, or that which comes out when you're relaxed?

I think you're under some kind of stress which is morphing you into your shadow processes. But you can't use them really well. Hence your confusion and the need to straighten out what type you are here - without internal clarity, you're not able to find that external path out of things, is it?
    I will concede to your first point. My Jness is definitely a fabrication to some extent.

On Sunday I was certainly feeling burned out, then yesterday and Monday I felt whimisical and very alive. But today I feel calm. Like I can see all ends. This feels like the true me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The difference I want power and control over myself. ENTJ's want to have the same over others. Come to think of it, I see your point
    Not all ENTJs do. Plus, all unhealthy Eights want control over others, because it's a case of control or be controlled.

And if you are an 8w7, you will not mind dishing orders out to others and taking the leadership position for yourself. Can you do that?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ESFPs are Se + Fi + Te + Ni, and this fits with what I have seen.

They seem to flit around, immersing themselves in whatever seems exciting at the moment (and avoid lulls if at all possible). Usually

But they also have an industrious side, once they find a target goal that has personal meaning to them (or... will make them lots of money -- I don't know why money is so important, but they will do anything and dream up any scheme for a buck). This is where Te comes into play, and sometimes Fi gets dumped by the window. The ESFP will use all extroverted functions (because it's more comfortable) and do the Se + Te thing to accomplish their goals. In pursuit of a goal, then, they can be very industrious... first by being tireless (and perhaps obsessive) in their ambition, and then manipulating as many details as possible to make their plan work.

But in general, I don't know any ESFPs who manifest "J" that gets read as "J" compared to a "J" person... not unless they are in an environment that forces it and/or married to a strongly J spouse.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ESFPs are Se + Fi + Te + Ni, and this fits with what I have seen.

They seem to flit around, immersing themselves in whatever seems exciting at the moment (and avoid lulls if at all possible). Usually

But they also have an industrious side, once they find a target goal that has personal meaning to them (or... will make them lots of money -- I don't know why money is so important, but they will do anything and dream up any scheme for a buck). This is where Te comes into play, and sometimes Fi gets dumped by the window. The ESFP will use all extroverted functions (because it's more comfortable) and do the Se + Te thing to accomplish their goals. In pursuit of a goal, then, they can be very industrious... first by being tireless (and perhaps obsessive) in their ambition, and then manipulating as many details as possible to make their plan work.

But in general, I don't know any ESFPs who manifest "J" that gets read as "J" compared to a "J" person... not unless they are in an environment that forces it and/or married to a strongly J spouse.
    To be quite honest, I have never been overly concerned with money. In fact, much to my chagrin, when I tell people that I am primarily pursing a Masters degree primarily out need for intellectual stimulation they think I'm insane.

MBTI
    INTJ

Are you SURE you're not an N?!

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Are you SURE you're not an N?!
    I'm not sure. Many members of this forum have convinced me that I am a Sensor but after further introspection I believe they are wrong.
    Last edited by JustDave; 01-24-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Grammatical correction

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm not sure. Many members of this forum have convinced me that I am a Sensor but after further introspection I believe they are wrong.
    You are awfully iNtuitive in this thread.

MBTI
    xNTP

I have no mental illness and am in good health yet I am very moody. One day I can be whimisical, the next serious or peacful but the three things that never change are: my odd ability to make connections between seemingly disparate entities, a desire to always look to the future and willingess to assume perspectives detached from myself. Not so much objectivity as transcendance.
    Last edited by JustDave; 01-24-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

MBTI
    OMNi

I have no mental illness and am in good health yet I am very moody. One day I can be whimisical, the next serious or peacful but the three things that never change are: my odd ability to make connections between seemingly disparate entities, a desire to always look to the future and willingess to assume perspectives detached from myself. Not so much objectivity as transcendance.
    You seem to know so much about yourself but nothing about your overall preferences. I'll just have to agree with ESFP simply because that is what you chose.