User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 103

Thread: ESTP?

  1. #81
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Not that I am fighting your analysis but I am also very J at home. Except when I make the concious decision to abandon my routine, such as last week for example.
    And that's my point, doggie. Is personality under conscious control, or that which comes out when you're relaxed?

    I think you're under some kind of stress which is morphing you into your shadow processes. But you can't use them really well. Hence your confusion and the need to straighten out what type you are here - without internal clarity, you're not able to find that external path out of things, is it?

  2. #82
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    And that's my point, doggie. Is personality under conscious control, or that which comes out when you're relaxed?

    I think you're under some kind of stress which is morphing you into your shadow processes. But you can't use them really well. Hence your confusion and the need to straighten out what type you are here - without internal clarity, you're not able to find that external path out of things, is it?
    I will concede to your first point. My Jness is definitely a fabrication to some extent.

    On Sunday I was certainly feeling burned out, then yesterday and Monday I felt whimisical and very alive. But today I feel calm. Like I can see all ends. This feels like the true me.

  3. #83
    Luctor et emergo Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    The difference I want power and control over myself. ENTJ's want to have the same over others. Come to think of it, I see your point
    Not all ENTJs do. Plus, all unhealthy Eights want control over others, because it's a case of control or be controlled.

    And if you are an 8w7, you will not mind dishing orders out to others and taking the leadership position for yourself. Can you do that?

  4. #84
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    ESFPs are Se + Fi + Te + Ni, and this fits with what I have seen.

    They seem to flit around, immersing themselves in whatever seems exciting at the moment (and avoid lulls if at all possible). Usually

    But they also have an industrious side, once they find a target goal that has personal meaning to them (or... will make them lots of money -- I don't know why money is so important, but they will do anything and dream up any scheme for a buck). This is where Te comes into play, and sometimes Fi gets dumped by the window. The ESFP will use all extroverted functions (because it's more comfortable) and do the Se + Te thing to accomplish their goals. In pursuit of a goal, then, they can be very industrious... first by being tireless (and perhaps obsessive) in their ambition, and then manipulating as many details as possible to make their plan work.

    But in general, I don't know any ESFPs who manifest "J" that gets read as "J" compared to a "J" person... not unless they are in an environment that forces it and/or married to a strongly J spouse.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #85
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ESFPs are Se + Fi + Te + Ni, and this fits with what I have seen.

    They seem to flit around, immersing themselves in whatever seems exciting at the moment (and avoid lulls if at all possible). Usually

    But they also have an industrious side, once they find a target goal that has personal meaning to them (or... will make them lots of money -- I don't know why money is so important, but they will do anything and dream up any scheme for a buck). This is where Te comes into play, and sometimes Fi gets dumped by the window. The ESFP will use all extroverted functions (because it's more comfortable) and do the Se + Te thing to accomplish their goals. In pursuit of a goal, then, they can be very industrious... first by being tireless (and perhaps obsessive) in their ambition, and then manipulating as many details as possible to make their plan work.

    But in general, I don't know any ESFPs who manifest "J" that gets read as "J" compared to a "J" person... not unless they are in an environment that forces it and/or married to a strongly J spouse.
    To be quite honest, I have never been overly concerned with money. In fact, much to my chagrin, when I tell people that I am primarily pursing a Masters degree primarily out need for intellectual stimulation they think I'm insane.

  6. #86
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Are you SURE you're not an N?!

  7. #87
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Are you SURE you're not an N?!
    I'm not sure. Many members of this forum have convinced me that I am a Sensor but after further introspection I believe they are wrong.
    Last edited by JustDave; 01-24-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Grammatical correction

  8. #88
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I'm not sure. Many members of this forum have convinced me that I am a Sensor but after further introspection I believe they are wrong.
    You are awfully iNtuitive in this thread.

  9. #89
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    I have no mental illness and am in good health yet I am very moody. One day I can be whimisical, the next serious or peacful but the three things that never change are: my odd ability to make connections between seemingly disparate entities, a desire to always look to the future and willingess to assume perspectives detached from myself. Not so much objectivity as transcendance.
    Last edited by JustDave; 01-24-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

  10. #90
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I have no mental illness and am in good health yet I am very moody. One day I can be whimisical, the next serious or peacful but the three things that never change are: my odd ability to make connections between seemingly disparate entities, a desire to always look to the future and willingess to assume perspectives detached from myself. Not so much objectivity as transcendance.
    You seem to know so much about yourself but nothing about your overall preferences. I'll just have to agree with ESFP simply because that is what you chose.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!
    By LadyJaye in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:51 AM
  2. [ESTP] ESTPs and Cheating
    By girlnamedbless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  3. [ESTP] Being an Asian ESTP
    By hungrypossum in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
  4. [ESTP] How to ask ESTP for changes?
    By Another INFJ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
  5. [ESTP] ESTP Chicks
    By FFF in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO