User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: ESTP?

  1. #71
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Good call, my wifey! That's exactly what I was thinking, but was too tired to bother posting it last night. You so smart!





    ENTJ's do that to me too, only I enjoy it immensely.
    To each his own.

    I don't truly hate the ENTJ personality in the abstract, it's just that those of that personality type always seem to have goals that clash with my goals.

  2. #72
    Luctor et emergo Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Nothing personal, although i appreciate your insight the mere thought of being an ENTJ makes my skin crawl.
    a) Why?
    b) Why, then, did INTJ ever cross your mind? Or INFJ for that matter (especially if you are an 8w7).

  3. #73
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I don't truly hate the ENTJ personality in the abstract, it's just that those of that personality type always seem to have goals that clash with my goals.
    Is it because you both want similar things? 8's usually seek power, and if both of them want it, there's a conflict waiting to happen...

  4. #74
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    a) Why?
    b) Why, then, did INTJ ever cross your mind? Or INFJ for that matter (especially if you are an 8w7).
    a - Becuase they are very domineering and I hate being controlled.
    b - I was confused.

  5. #75
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Is it because you both want similar things? 8's usually seek power, and if both of them want it, there's a conflict waiting to happen...
    The difference I want power and control over myself. ENTJ's want to have the same over others. Come to think of it, I see your point

  6. #76
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Today I returned to work after attending a training course for a week and I had a slightly disturbing epiphany, I have a very strong J tendency. This is disturbing becuase that would make me a Guardian, my least favorite of all types.

    Any thoughts? And no I'm not asking becuase I wan attention

  7. #77
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    It's possible, but not probable.
    Just because you used a lot of J today doesn't make you a J.

  8. #78
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    True. One bank robbery does not make a master thief. However, I have always been this way especially with regard to school or work. Doubly so for school.

  9. #79
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    True. One bank robbery does not make a master thief. However, I have always been this way especially with regard to school or work. Doubly so for school.
    How we are at work/school is not necessarily whom we really are - we tend to take traits which will help us at work, and water down those not conducive.

    I'm very J at work, in order to get things done.

  10. #80
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    How we are at work/school is not necessarily whom we really are - we tend to take traits which will help us at work, and water down those not conducive.

    I'm very J at work, in order to get things done.
    Not that I am fighting your analysis but I am also very J at home. Except when I make the concious decision to abandon my routine, such as last week for example.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!
    By LadyJaye in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:51 AM
  2. [ESTP] ESTPs and Cheating
    By girlnamedbless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  3. [ESTP] Being an Asian ESTP
    By hungrypossum in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
  4. [ESTP] How to ask ESTP for changes?
    By Another INFJ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
  5. [ESTP] ESTP Chicks
    By FFF in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO