User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: ESTP?

MBTI
    xNTP

[QUOTE=arcticangel02;115187][QUOTE=JustDave;114894]Umm, I visited the nonobvious meanings website. Way too much reading involved. Sorry.

Haha! Totally an ExxP response!

Wouldn't that indicate more 8w7? Hmm.

And you've come to a decision! ESFP! Woo! ESFPs are fun!
    Spot on. Here's my results from Eclectic energies.

Wing 8w7 - 12
    Wing 8w9 - 11.7
    Wing 7w8 - 11.4
    Wing 9w8 - 10.9
    Wing 3w2 - 9.1
    Wing 2w3 - 8.1
    Wing 9w1 - 7.7
    Wing 7w6 - 7.6
    Wing 3w4 - 7.2
    Wing 2w1 - 5.7

That being said, I read the descriptions and 7w8 sounds more like me than 8w7. Although if I were an 8 it would explain why I dislike SJs.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I don't understand how you can make such a huge leap from one type to the other.

Okay, fair enough, I could see INTJ -> ENTJ, or INFJ -> INFP, but not INxJ to ESTP.

Dave, if you are an 8w7, you're probably a bit like me I can bet. Look at my results:

Type 8 - 10
    Type 9 - 2.7
    Type 7 - 2.3

Wing 8w9 - 11.3
    Wing 8w7 - 11.2
    Wing 9w8 - 7.7
    Wing 7w8 - 7.3
    Wing 9w1 - 3.9
    Wing 7w6 - 2.4

According to the test, I have balanced wings. This makes quite a bit of sense.

That last point about SJs is false. There are some ESTJ Eights. The Mafia is a good example of this. Strong family ties, sense of duty and ability to undertake a lot of work. There will be conflictions with the SJ ideal, but there is certainly such a thing as an ESTJ Eight.

The only Artisan I feel at home with is the ESTP, and there are problems there. I hardly feel at home with the ESTJ (the only Guardian I could ever be), and I don't at all feel at home with any of the Idealists. However, three Rationals fit me; the ENTJ most of all, and a bit of the INTJ and the ENTP. My advice to you is to look into the four temperaments and see which one describes you best. IMO, Eights can be:

ESTJs
    ESTPs
    ENTJs
    INTJs
    ENTPs

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I don't understand how you can make such a huge leap from one type to the other.

Okay, fair enough, I could see INTJ -> ENTJ, or INFJ -> INFP, but not INxJ to ESTP.
    not thinking of shadow types there Ezra?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    He probably wasn't. Clever of you to make that observation.

Anyway, 8w7 sounds ESxP. I'll go with him on that. I suppose he could be a depressed one... I often wonder if some of the IN's on this site aren't just depressed ES's with shadow functions showing. I'm pretty sure I'm a J, enough that I'd never consider any EP type. Then again I'm 4w5, very introverted.

MBTI
    INTJ

If you scroll down the previous page real quickly (posts 41-60), you'll see two dogs having a conversation!
    It struck me kinda funny.
    Then a cat jumps in the middle, too.

Maybe I should go do something constructive.

MBTI
    xNTP

I swore i'd stay away but i just can't help myself

As usual Athenian and Whatever are right on the money.

Until yesterday the only times I took personality tests were when I was depressed. Which would explain the shadow.

See, when I joined this forum i was wondering whether or not i was an INTJ or INFJ. But after interacting with real intuitives it quickly became clear that i was neither and introvert nor an intuitive. And I think the ESFPs shadow is INTJ.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Dave, if you are an 8w7, you're probably a bit like me I can bet. Look at my results:

Type 8 - 10
    Type 9 - 2.7
    Type 7 - 2.3

Wing 8w9 - 11.3
    Wing 8w7 - 11.2
    Wing 9w8 - 7.7
    Wing 7w8 - 7.3
    Wing 9w1 - 3.9
    Wing 7w6 - 2.4

According to the test, I have balanced wings. This makes quite a bit of sense.

That last point about SJs is false. There are some ESTJ Eights. The Mafia is a good example of this. Strong family ties, sense of duty and ability to undertake a lot of work. There will be conflictions with the SJ ideal, but there is certainly such a thing as an ESTJ Eight.

The only Artisan I feel at home with is the ESTP, and there are problems there. I hardly feel at home with the ESTJ (the only Guardian I could ever be), and I don't at all feel at home with any of the Idealists. However, three Rationals fit me; the ENTJ most of all, and a bit of the INTJ and the ENTP. My advice to you is to look into the four temperaments and see which one describes you best. IMO, Eights can be:

ESTJs
    ESTPs
    ENTJs
    INTJs
    ENTPs
    Nothing personal, although i appreciate your insight the mere thought of being an ENTJ makes my skin crawl.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I've had this problem too, like some of you know out there. Had a couple of years of extreme archetypal CHAOS.

First I thought I was ENFJ, then INTP, then ENFP, then for a short while ENTJ and finally when the depression was over and I feel like my old self again, picking up on the "man of action"-style again, I do that test that measures strengths and weaknesses and it finds out that my main function is Ti, and that I could be ESTP or ESFP. And doing some more testing and reading to find out wether i'm T or F, I and others come to the conclusion that i'm ESTP.

This shadow type thing and types and depression can be really, really confusing.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Good call, my wifey! That's exactly what I was thinking, but was too tired to bother posting it last night. You so smart!

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Nothing personal, although i appreciate your insight the mere thought of being an ENTJ makes my skin crawl.
    ENTJ's do that to me too, only I enjoy it immensely.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I've had this problem too, like some of you know out there. Had a couple of years of extreme archetypal CHAOS.

First I thought I was ENFJ, then INTP, then ENFP, then for a short while ENTJ and finally when the depression was over and I feel like my old self again, picking up on the "man of action"-style again, I do that test that measures strengths and weaknesses and it finds out that my main function is Ti, and that I could be ESTP or ESFP. And doing some more testing and reading to find out wether i'm T or F, I and others come to the conclusion that i'm ESTP.

This shadow type thing and types and depression can be really, really confusing.
    You're damn right about that!!! I was so confused that i might have never determined my true type. And, too bad depression isn't a tangible thing because if it was i'd shoot it.