• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Verdict on My Type

What do you believe my type to be?

• Total voters

MerkW

Ok. This branches off the other thread of mine: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/whats-my-type/3531-just-beginning-get-my-nerves.html

So, individually, what do you think my type is?

A messy, procrastinating INTJ who is not at all interested in application?
Or an oddly meticulous and rather ambitious INTP?
Or do you think it is something else?

Please explain your choice in a post.

Keep in mind while deciding--
Based off the cognitive functions test:

(1) Ni, Ne, and Ti = exceptional
(2) Te = very good
(3) Si = good/average
(4) Fi = average/mediocre
(5) Se + Fe = unused

as well as this: I(100) N (100) T(88) and J/P switches back and forth.

Last edited:

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
From browsing the other thread, I would say more likely INTJ, but you clearly use all four of Ne, Ni, Te and Ti well enough to be legitamately borderline.

MerkW

From browsing the other thread, I would say more likely INTJ, but you clearly use all four of Ne, Ni, Te and Ti well enough to be legitamately borderline.

Pardon my domineering manner, but my OCD demands it. Please enter your opinion in the designated poll.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since it was you who posted the thread about NT world domination, I'm saying INTJ. ;)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think INTP.

What I've noticed about INTJ's is that they start off with a theory that they've worked out internally, and ask questions and do research in order to fine tune it. What I notice with your posts and threads, your questions and way of operating on this board, is that you start off with a question, and you ask questions and test reactions in order to gather information, to form a theory. That seems more INTP to me.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Not being sure - INTP
Wanting to force a conclusion anyway - INTJ

;)

MerkW

Since it was you who posted the thread about NT world domination, I'm saying INTJ. ;)

I think INTP.

What I've noticed about INTJ's is that they start off with a theory that they've worked out internally, and ask questions and do research in order to fine tune it. What I notice with your posts and threads, your questions and way of operating on this board, is that you start off with a question, and you ask questions and test reactions in order to gather information, to form a theory. That seems more INTP to me.

These are both quite valid points.

heart

heart on fire
I can't give a logical reason why, you just have more of a INTP feel than a INTJ feel. There is a germ of what gives me this feeling in what Sub has reasoned out I think.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
So...out of curiosity, specifically what is it that makes you believe INTJ > INTP?

Well, I know INTPs in real life, but not INTJs, so it's a matter of like/unlike for me. Since those are the only two possibilities, yes?

From aelan's hypothetical situation you came out relatively INTJ, wheras everything else was maybe slightly INTP or slightly INTJ. So maybe it holds more weight?

Perhaps an INTJ can procrastinate and not feel the need to apply things more easily than an INTP can be meticulous and ambitious? I don't know.

I know, neither of those are particularly compelling (or even accurate) arguments, but the 'vibe' I get is not exactly INTP.

So, INTJ! :devil:

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I went with INTJ because an INTP would have accepted the ambiguousness long ago and written an elaborate theory about it that they will forever revise. :D (I tease... )

Your aggressive pursuit of seeking definition caused me to chose J over P. I've seen Ps look into their boundaries and structure, but not with the singular J level intensity of "MUST HAVE... NOW..."

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I am in the same boat as everyone else. Despite my previous postings, trying to force a conclusion is so J. So my vote is for INTJ.

MerkW

I am in the same boat as everyone else. Despite my previous postings, trying to force a conclusion is so J. So my vote is for INTJ.

I'm not trying to force either one of the options.
I just want the answer to this dilemma ASAP.
Also, couldn't this rigid determination to find out my type just be a manifestation of Ti? There have been several INTPs like this.

heart

heart on fire
Also, couldn't this rigid determination to find out my type just be a manifestation of Ti? There have been several INTPs like this.

I think so. Ti and Fi both can be very firm and determined.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well. I'm ENFJ and I use Si way more than Se. You'd think I was INFJ because of it. *shrugs* (among other things :dry:... talk about shifting sand...)

MerkW

Hm. One thing that might disrupt the J/P dichotomy for me is the fact that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder, which may possibly make me more J than I technically should be.

*I have odd and rigid rituals that encompass many things
*I have many odd habits. Things must be done in a specific way, OR ELSE.
*I cannot use a toothbrush or eat food that was touched by someone. My mother once accidentally used my toothbrush, and I then had to throw it in the trash (this is a trait I have observed to be more present in INTPs than INTJs. It may be a total coincidence, though).
*I count random things obsessively.
*I like to create large lists, hierarchies, and categories, and I enjoy hoarding much information. For example, if I plan on staying at a hotel in a location I have never been to before, I will obsessively research the location and the hotel itself to find out everything I possibly can. I will commit subway maps to memory, I will keep track of the precise number of restaurants in a 2-mile radius, all sorted by a quality ranking system, etc. In other words, I like to do things in a rather systematic manner. I can't tell if this is the J in INTJ, the Ti in INTP, or simply OCD.

I am the kind of person who methodically calculates things. The kind of person who selects the the most efficient walking route to school based off complex mathematical equations.

I find it difficult to draw the lines between OCD, J, and strong Ti.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hoarding information - both OCD and INTJ trait
Obsessive counting - OCD
Rigid rituals - OCD heightening an INTJ trait

The toothbrush? Totally gross! I woulda thrown it out too!

Unfortunately, certain things may blur into INTJ/P traits because OCD is pretty high amongst that pool. My INTJ best friend has a lot of similar problems.