0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
First 2345 Last

Thread: What am I?

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    No problem mate, though it is a derailment and I've been told off for doing those, so I'll keep it brief!

Yeah I love Star Trek, but yeah I also think it's goofy! That's kinda why I like it... lol Well, started to anyway. Started off just sorta watching it to laugh at it, but ended up converted cos there's a lot of real points made and situations explored about the human condition and stuff, in it. They find ways of introducing difficult concepts to a broad audience and making them think, without causing offence; they can get away with it because it's all aliens in space and stuff. The same issues explored by humans in a contemporary drama would cause a lot of controversy and achieve the opposite effect, I think, to making people think. It'd make the people who already think, think even more and want to act, whilst making the people who don't think, even more stubbornly against the idea!

But moreover, the character Q was someone I just kinda fell in love with lol and his relationship with Picard has been very informative and sorta educational and enlightening for me as an ENTP.
    When you put it that way it doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps one of these days i'll give it another go.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Same reason Jennifer said. You're pretty good, confident and seem to have an easy time making decisions. You might not seem as J as some uber J's, but if I imagine a room full of P's and you, I can imagine the topic of discussion would only reach its intended aim if it was subject to constant, yet gentle coaxing from you!

If people saw my house, they'd reconsider me being a P! That don't say nothin'!
    This is what makes it hard for me to decide. (Which, by the way, some people have cited as evidence of me being a P.) It may seem that I have an easy time making decisions- I purposefully project that here, I think, because I've noticed that nobody has any confidence in a hemming and hawwing equivocator. (Why be confident in someone who isn't even confident in themselves?)

Internally, though, I have a super-hard time coming to conclusions. I have practiced the fine art of white-knuckling it and making decisions before I'm really comfortable to do so. Otherwise, I would never make any!

However, your analogy of the conversation kind of hits home. Though I love meandering conversations, I do find myself clarifying and tying things up as it progresses- keeping the conversation tidy, if you will. In my mind, I'm doing it to propel the conversation so it can get off the ground and go to the most interesting levels as quickly as possible. But now that you mention it, it DOES seem kind of J-ey.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ...Internally, though, I have a super-hard time coming to conclusions. I have practiced the fine art of white-knuckling it and making decisions before I'm really comfortable to do so. Otherwise, I would never make any!
    That is really interesting.

However, your analogy of the conversation kind of hits home. Though I love meandering conversations, I do find myself clarifying and tying things up as it progresses- keeping the conversation tidy, if you will. In my mind, I'm doing it to propel the conversation so it can get off the ground and go to the most interesting levels as quickly as possible. But now that you mention it, it DOES seem kind of J-ey.
    yes, that's one J-vibe. With you, it is all small things like that... definitely not the overt J that we see from some of the other J's here. You don't seem like you are fighting for control, like some J's do; you are very relaxed, at peace, and happy to experience whatever is going on even if you like to keep it tidied up and having a direction.

Honestly, I have had to fight to not derail the thread further into Star Trek and then drag in something else... P's just make a mess everywhere they go. (All those times when I apologize for derailing threads? I'm actually lying... I don't care, I don't want to stop, and I am only stopping so as to keep the peace... because I know it can tick off closure-types. ).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    If she's an INFJ, then I'm probably not.
    There's great variation between types.. there's 16 types, but the maximum variation between persons functions is only cut to half if you know their type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    yes, that's one J-vibe.

Honestly, I have had to fight to not derail the thread further into Star Trek and then drag in something else... P's just make a mess everywhere they go.
    Heh. I wouldn't mind that! Seriously. Maybe if I didn't like Star Trek so much myself I would be miffed that a thread about me (ME! LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE!) turned into a thread about some TV show.

MBTI
    xNTP

This is what makes it hard for me to decide. (Which, by the way, some people have cited as evidence of me being a P.) It may seem that I have an easy time making decisions- I purposefully project that here, I think, because I've noticed that nobody has any confidence in a hemming and hawwing equivocator. (Why be confident in someone who isn't even confident in themselves?)

Internally, though, I have a super-hard time coming to conclusions. I have practiced the fine art of white-knuckling it and making decisions before I'm really comfortable to do so. Otherwise, I would never make any!

IMHO, Definitely proof of Jness. I, for example, constantly go off on tangents and about three hours later return to the purpose of the conversation.

Oh look a bird

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Heh. I wouldn't mind that! Seriously. Maybe if I didn't like Star Trek so much myself I would be miffed that a thread about me (ME! LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE!) turned into a thread about some TV show.
    it *is* sort of funny.

I had the best time on INTPc before Songbird got banned, when we all took over her "Let's talk about whether I [Songbird] am an attention whore" thread and completely derailed it into other topics and ignored her.

I think it would have miffed her. But she was quite an Analjay.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    IMHO, Definitely proof of Jness. I, for example, constantly go off on tangents and about three hours later return to the purpose of the conversation.

Oh look a bird
    birds are irrelevant! back to the task at hand! *whipCRACK!*

Srslytho. Have I given the impression that I don't like tangents? I love tangents! Tangents keep things interesting. Sticking to the topic seems claustrophobic and stale to me. IOW a topic/purpose is a launching point.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    it *is* sort of funny.

I had the best time on INTPc before Songbird got banned, when we all took over her "Let's talk about whether I [Songbird] am an attention whore" thread and completely derailed it into other topics and ignored her.

I think it would have miffed her. But she was quite an Analjay.
    Well i've got nothing so I'll just keep my mouth shut

MBTI
    yupp

birds are irrelevant! back to the task at hand! *whipCRACK!*

Srslytho. Have I given the impression that I don't like tangents? I love tangents! Tangents keep things interesting. Sticking to the topic seems claustrophobic and stale to me. IOW a topic/purpose is a launching point.
    I've thought about it and I do not no your type though part of me hopes NF. but that's my own bias getting in the way their.

the way I see it is if you want to stay on topic you might as well have a conversation with yourself. I've never had a conversation in my life that stayed on topic of course my brain jumps around from topic to topic so that could be why.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so