0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
First 12345 Last

Thread: What am I?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Hmm ... it's probably just me then. The whole thing just seems so goofy:confused:
    I never liked it either.
    I hate science fiction.
    I love real science.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I am terribly distracted by your avatar that screams INFP to me
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    I am terribly distracted by your avatar that screams INFP to me
    It's the waterfall, isn't it?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Given your avatar I'm guessing your a Star Trek fan. I work in the IT field which (i'm guessing) is dominated by NTs. All of my coworkers are big Star Trek fans yet despite my best efforts to watch the show and i appreciate it i just don't get it. So, could this be an SP vs. NT difference?
    I knew a bunch of ISTJ males who are also into it.

But they tend to be critical of episodes that "make no sense" or seem foo-foo.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I know a few NFs who are into it, as well as some (I'm assuming) STs.
    I like the original series, really bored to tears by the later versions though.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

It's the waterfall, isn't it?
    I was referring to Ivy's avatar.
    INTJmom and I seem to have posted at about the same moment.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    I was referring to Ivy's avatar.
    INTJmom and I seem to have posted at about the same moment.
    Such is life.

As for Star Trek, i should mention that although there's not many sci fi movies/shows that i like but i can at least make it through a star wars movie or hitchiker's guide to the galaxy. Star trek is another story altogether.

Anyway, i'm not really going anywhere with this. I was simply pondering the wild world of star trek fans

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm afraid I don't know you well enough, Ivy, but I do know that you're kind and level-headed as an admin.

I would think that the tests were right when you were young - that you are an INFP.
    It's important to remember that we're supposed to balance out and grow and mature as we get older. It's only right that your auxiliary and tertiary would be becoming more helpful now.

I'm not as harsh an INTJ as I was when I was young. I've mellowed out quite a bit. I think we're supposed to improve.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm afraid I don't know you well enough, Ivy, but I do know that you're kind and level-headed as an admin.

I would think that the tests were right when you were young - that you are an INFP.
    It's important to remember that we're supposed to balance out and grow and mature as we get older. It's only right that your auxiliary and tertiary would be becoming more helpful now.

I'm not as harsh an INTJ as I was when I was young. I've mellowed out quite a bit. I think we're supposed to improve.
    I concur!!!

The one thing I do understand about MBTI is it measures one's natural inclination towards certain behavior. And as one matures that natural inclination might be supplanted by learned behaviors thus leading many to question their true types.

MBTI
    ENTP

Substitute,

Given your avatar I'm guessing your a Star Trek fan. I work in the IT field which (i'm guessing) is dominated by NTs. All of my coworkers are big Star Trek fans yet despite my best efforts to watch the show and i appreciate it i just don't get it.

So, could this be an SP vs. NT difference?

Sorry to put you on the spot ...
    No problem mate, though it is a derailment and I've been told off for doing those, so I'll keep it brief!

Yeah I love Star Trek, but yeah I also think it's goofy! That's kinda why I like it... lol Well, started to anyway. Started off just sorta watching it to laugh at it, but ended up converted cos there's a lot of real points made and situations explored about the human condition and stuff, in it. They find ways of introducing difficult concepts to a broad audience and making them think, without causing offence; they can get away with it because it's all aliens in space and stuff. The same issues explored by humans in a contemporary drama would cause a lot of controversy and achieve the opposite effect, I think, to making people think. It'd make the people who already think, think even more and want to act, whilst making the people who don't think, even more stubbornly against the idea!

But moreover, the character Q was someone I just kinda fell in love with lol and his relationship with Picard has been very informative and sorta educational and enlightening for me as an ENTP. I've no idea whether it's an SP/NT difference... I do know some SP Trekkies (lol that word cracks me up)...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen