• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I?

Ivy's type:

• ESFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

• ESTJ

• ESTP

• ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

• ENTP

• ISFP

• ISTJ

• INTJ

• INTP

• Total voters

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I am terribly distracted by your avatar that screams INFP to me :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Given your avatar I'm guessing your a Star Trek fan. I work in the IT field which (i'm guessing) is dominated by NTs. All of my coworkers are big Star Trek fans yet despite my best efforts to watch the show and i appreciate it i just don't get it. So, could this be an SP vs. NT difference?

I knew a bunch of ISTJ males who are also into it.

But they tend to be critical of episodes that "make no sense" or seem foo-foo.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I was referring to Ivy's avatar.
INTJmom and I seem to have posted at about the same moment.

Such is life.

As for Star Trek, i should mention that although there's not many sci fi movies/shows that i like but i can at least make it through a star wars movie or hitchiker's guide to the galaxy. Star trek is another story altogether.

Anyway, i'm not really going anywhere with this. I was simply pondering the wild world of star trek fans :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm afraid I don't know you well enough, Ivy, but I do know that you're kind and level-headed as an admin.

I would think that the tests were right when you were young - that you are an INFP.
It's important to remember that we're supposed to balance out and grow and mature as we get older. It's only right that your auxiliary and tertiary would be becoming more helpful now.

I'm not as harsh an INTJ as I was when I was young. I've mellowed out quite a bit. I think we're supposed to improve.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I'm afraid I don't know you well enough, Ivy, but I do know that you're kind and level-headed as an admin.

I would think that the tests were right when you were young - that you are an INFP.
It's important to remember that we're supposed to balance out and grow and mature as we get older. It's only right that your auxiliary and tertiary would be becoming more helpful now.

I'm not as harsh an INTJ as I was when I was young. I've mellowed out quite a bit. I think we're supposed to improve.

I concur!!!

The one thing I do understand about MBTI is it measures one's natural inclination towards certain behavior. And as one matures that natural inclination might be supplanted by learned behaviors thus leading many to question their true types.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Substitute,

Given your avatar I'm guessing your a Star Trek fan. I work in the IT field which (i'm guessing) is dominated by NTs. All of my coworkers are big Star Trek fans yet despite my best efforts to watch the show and i appreciate it i just don't get it.

So, could this be an SP vs. NT difference?

Sorry to put you on the spot ...

No problem mate, though it is a derailment and I've been told off for doing those, so I'll keep it brief!

Yeah I love Star Trek, but yeah I also think it's goofy! That's kinda why I like it... lol Well, started to anyway. Started off just sorta watching it to laugh at it, but ended up converted cos there's a lot of real points made and situations explored about the human condition and stuff, in it. They find ways of introducing difficult concepts to a broad audience and making them think, without causing offence; they can get away with it because it's all aliens in space and stuff. The same issues explored by humans in a contemporary drama would cause a lot of controversy and achieve the opposite effect, I think, to making people think. It'd make the people who already think, think even more and want to act, whilst making the people who don't think, even more stubbornly against the idea!

But moreover, the character Q was someone I just kinda fell in love with lol and his relationship with Picard has been very informative and sorta educational and enlightening for me as an ENTP. I've no idea whether it's an SP/NT difference... I do know some SP Trekkies (lol that word cracks me up)...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
No problem mate, though it is a derailment and I've been told off for doing those, so I'll keep it brief!

Yeah I love Star Trek, but yeah I also think it's goofy! That's kinda why I like it... lol Well, started to anyway. Started off just sorta watching it to laugh at it, but ended up converted cos there's a lot of real points made and situations explored about the human condition and stuff, in it. They find ways of introducing difficult concepts to a broad audience and making them think, without causing offence; they can get away with it because it's all aliens in space and stuff. The same issues explored by humans in a contemporary drama would cause a lot of controversy and achieve the opposite effect, I think, to making people think. It'd make the people who already think, think even more and want to act, whilst making the people who don't think, even more stubbornly against the idea!

But moreover, the character Q was someone I just kinda fell in love with lol and his relationship with Picard has been very informative and sorta educational and enlightening for me as an ENTP.

When you put it that way it doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps one of these days i'll give it another go. :cheers:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Same reason Jennifer said. You're pretty good, confident and seem to have an easy time making decisions. You might not seem as J as some uber J's, but if I imagine a room full of P's and you, I can imagine the topic of discussion would only reach its intended aim if it was subject to constant, yet gentle coaxing from you! :)

If people saw my house, they'd reconsider me being a P! That don't say nothin'!

This is what makes it hard for me to decide. (Which, by the way, some people have cited as evidence of me being a P.) It may seem that I have an easy time making decisions- I purposefully project that here, I think, because I've noticed that nobody has any confidence in a hemming and hawwing equivocator. (Why be confident in someone who isn't even confident in themselves?)

Internally, though, I have a super-hard time coming to conclusions. I have practiced the fine art of white-knuckling it and making decisions before I'm really comfortable to do so. Otherwise, I would never make any! :blush:

However, your analogy of the conversation kind of hits home. Though I love meandering conversations, I do find myself clarifying and tying things up as it progresses- keeping the conversation tidy, if you will. In my mind, I'm doing it to propel the conversation so it can get off the ground and go to the most interesting levels as quickly as possible. But now that you mention it, it DOES seem kind of J-ey.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Internally, though, I have a super-hard time coming to conclusions. I have practiced the fine art of white-knuckling it and making decisions before I'm really comfortable to do so. Otherwise, I would never make any! :blush:

That is really interesting. :)

However, your analogy of the conversation kind of hits home. Though I love meandering conversations, I do find myself clarifying and tying things up as it progresses- keeping the conversation tidy, if you will. In my mind, I'm doing it to propel the conversation so it can get off the ground and go to the most interesting levels as quickly as possible. But now that you mention it, it DOES seem kind of J-ey.

yes, that's one J-vibe. With you, it is all small things like that... definitely not the overt J that we see from some of the other J's here. You don't seem like you are fighting for control, like some J's do; you are very relaxed, at peace, and happy to experience whatever is going on even if you like to keep it tidied up and having a direction.

Honestly, I have had to fight to not derail the thread further into Star Trek and then drag in something else... P's just make a mess everywhere they go. (All those times when I apologize for derailing threads? I'm actually lying... I don't care, I don't want to stop, and I am only stopping so as to keep the peace... because I know it can tick off closure-types. :blush: ).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yes, that's one J-vibe.

Honestly, I have had to fight to not derail the thread further into Star Trek and then drag in something else... P's just make a mess everywhere they go.

Heh. I wouldn't mind that! Seriously. Maybe if I didn't like Star Trek so much myself I would be miffed that a thread about me (ME! LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE!) turned into a thread about some TV show. :D

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
This is what makes it hard for me to decide. (Which, by the way, some people have cited as evidence of me being a P.) It may seem that I have an easy time making decisions- I purposefully project that here, I think, because I've noticed that nobody has any confidence in a hemming and hawwing equivocator. (Why be confident in someone who isn't even confident in themselves?)

Internally, though, I have a super-hard time coming to conclusions. I have practiced the fine art of white-knuckling it and making decisions before I'm really comfortable to do so. Otherwise, I would never make any! :blush:

IMHO, Definitely proof of Jness. I, for example, constantly go off on tangents and about three hours later return to the purpose of the conversation.

Oh look a bird :run:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh. I wouldn't mind that! Seriously. Maybe if I didn't like Star Trek so much myself I would be miffed that a thread about me (ME! LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE!) turned into a thread about some TV show. :D

it *is* sort of funny.

I had the best time on INTPc before Songbird got banned, when we all took over her "Let's talk about whether I [Songbird] am an attention whore" thread and completely derailed it into other topics and ignored her.

:party2:

I think it would have miffed her. But she was quite an Analjay.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
IMHO, Definitely proof of Jness. I, for example, constantly go off on tangents and about three hours later return to the purpose of the conversation.

Oh look a bird :run:

:hi: birds are irrelevant! back to the task at hand! *whipCRACK!*

Srslytho. Have I given the impression that I don't like tangents? I love tangents! Tangents keep things interesting. Sticking to the topic seems claustrophobic and stale to me. IOW a topic/purpose is a launching point.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
it *is* sort of funny.

I had the best time on INTPc before Songbird got banned, when we all took over her "Let's talk about whether I [Songbird] am an attention whore" thread and completely derailed it into other topics and ignored her.

:party2:

I think it would have miffed her. But she was quite an Analjay.

Well i've got nothing so I'll just keep my mouth shut :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:hi: birds are irrelevant! back to the task at hand! *whipCRACK!*

Srslytho. Have I given the impression that I don't like tangents? I love tangents! Tangents keep things interesting. Sticking to the topic seems claustrophobic and stale to me. IOW a topic/purpose is a launching point.

I've thought about it and I do not no your type though part of me hopes NF. but that's my own bias getting in the way their.

the way I see it is if you want to stay on topic you might as well have a conversation with yourself. I've never had a conversation in my life that stayed on topic of course my brain jumps around from topic to topic so that could be why.