Thread: What am I?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    If she's an INFJ, then I'm probably not.
    You're a far more analytical INFJ, even if Ivy is INFJ. Toonia's another one with a highly developed Ti. So I would not use you as indicative of the norm of the bell curve. You also seem very esoteric, Ivy seems very down-to-earth and practical in how things are accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    athenian, I've said before you never come across as INFJ to me, I just can't see it, even after reading that thread about your type, I still think you ooze ISFJ-ness.
    NOT.

(but if you make me support it, I will start by saying one notable point is that Ath thinks almost entirely in abstractions and patterns. ISFJs not only don't think that way, they find themselves completely bored within a minute or two. And they speak in tangibles, usually relational ones. Ath is, like, the complete opposite in that regard.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Why J, sub?

(If you could see my house you might reconsider! )
    I thought tidiness was more S then J.

In my case (possible ESFP), my house is very tidy but not becuase it's the right thing to do, rather because my sorroundings effect my mood. Ugly house = ugly mood.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's possible, JustDave. (PS, cutest. avatar. evar.)

I'm ambivalent on S/N, and P/J. Always have been. Most Ns--the ones that like me, anyway--tell me there's no way I'm an S. It often seems like that comes from an N-superior place, so I'm not sure how objective it is. And I am a procrastinator, and very indecisive (you guys see a more decisive side of me as admin here, but it's somewhat against my natural grain, if you can't tell), but I crave closure in some ways, too.

In fact the only dichotomy I'm pretty sure of is the I. My energy is most definitely inwardly-oriented. I can turn it out with some effort, but it's very tiring. I also think the idea that introverts are shy and friendless is very much off-base. I have a lot of friends, but it's important to me that they be low-maintenence so I can hermit myself when I need to. I've never been able to maintain much with people who take it personally when I don't call them up to chat. Which is not to say that I'm unfriendly or unwelcoming- I'm typically open to others' advances, I just don't make them myself most of the time.

F/T is an example of how subjective the MBTI can be. I'm, by far, the most T in my family. I married into a VERY T family, and I think I seem like a wounded deer in headlights to them sometimes.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

F/T is an example of how subjective the MBTI can be. I'm, by far, the most T in my family. I married into a VERY T family, and I think I seem like a wounded deer in headlights to them sometimes.
    That is something I wonder about too. The dichotomies are only as good as the standard/baseline you use for them. If you take a group of people who all test as the same type, there are going to be differences between them. They might all be the same type, but have different strengths within it.

I've always wondered if the definitions are precise enough, because they seem to allow too much room for interpretation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

In fact the only dichotomy I'm pretty sure of is the I....
    Maybe all you ever have to be is an "I".

I know one or two other women who are very similar to you... and I can't figure them out either.

Maybe you're part of an exclusive "Bonus Type!" that was never discovered by Isabelle Myers.

I also feel I should say that, despite you not being 'easily typed" in MBTI, you have a very distinct, very consistent personality that I recognized as "Ivy" and appreciate very much. Being articulatable in MBTI isn't important, in that sense of things. You're you.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I've always wondered if the definitions are precise enough, because they seem to allow too much room for interpretation.
    In a descriptive personality theory sort of setting, I'm not sure how you can't leave room to interpretation. People are too complex to do more than present a generalized collection of behaviors and preferences. There are just far too many variables in life that impact behavior, for people to be that easily quantifiable.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

That's possible, JustDave. (PS, cutest. avatar. evar.)

I'm ambivalent on S/N, and P/J. Always have been. Most Ns--the ones that like me, anyway--tell me there's no way I'm an S. It often seems like that comes from an N-superior place, so I'm not sure how objective it is. And I am a procrastinator, and very indecisive (you guys see a more decisive side of me as admin here, but it's somewhat against my natural grain, if you can't tell), but I crave closure in some ways, too.

In fact the only dichotomy I'm pretty sure of is the I. My energy is most definitely inwardly-oriented. I can turn it out with some effort, but it's very tiring. I also think the idea that introverts are shy and friendless is very much off-base. I have a lot of friends, but it's important to me that they be low-maintenence so I can hermit myself when I need to. I've never been able to maintain much with people who take it personally when I don't call them up to chat. Which is not to say that I'm unfriendly or unwelcoming- I'm typically open to others' advances, I just don't make them myself most of the time.

I can't give you any reasoned basis for this.. but I know, let me see, 4 ISFJ females extremely well, two of them are very clever (one a teacher, one a lawyer) and you are *just* like them, from what I can see.

Are the people refusing to accept that you are not an N, playing the N=intelligence card?

-Geoff

MBTI
    ENTP

Why J, sub?

(If you could see my house you might reconsider! )
    Same reason Jennifer said. You're pretty good, confident and seem to have an easy time making decisions. You might not seem as J as some uber J's, but if I imagine a room full of P's and you, I can imagine the topic of discussion would only reach its intended aim if it was subject to constant, yet gentle coaxing from you!

If people saw my house, they'd reconsider me being a P! That don't say nothin'!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    xNTP

Substitute,

Given your avatar I'm guessing your a Star Trek fan. I work in the IT field which (i'm guessing) is dominated by NTs. All of my coworkers are big Star Trek fans yet despite my best efforts to watch the show and i appreciate it i just don't get it.

So, could this be an SP vs. NT difference?

Sorry to put you on the spot ...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Substitute,

Given your avatar I'm guessing your a Star Trek fan. I work in the IT field which (i'm guessing) is dominated by NTs. All of my coworkers are big Star Trek fans yet despite my best efforts to watch the show and i appreciate it i just don't get it.

So, could this be an SP vs. NT difference?

Sorry to put you on the spot ...
    I know a few NFs who are into it, as well as some (I'm assuming) STs.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I know a few NFs who are into it, as well as some (I'm assuming) STs.
    Hmm ... it's probably just me then. The whole thing just seems so goofy:confused: