User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Instead of taking them as a whole, Merkw, you could look at the J/P dichotomy. What do the tests say in terms of J/P? Which do you use more often?

MBTI
    INTJ

Your first impressions of INTPc and INTJf, respectively, should provide a clue to your type.

Personally, I originally went at the non-purposiveness of INTPc threads (though once I had adjusted my expectations I started to enjoy the playfulness of the place), whereas I recognize my own Donner party* communication style tendencies all too well in INTJf threads. (:steam

* Thank you for that phrase, toonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    If you don't fit well with INTJ or INTP but resemble both, maybe you're an ISTP
    Definitely not. I am 100% N. My Si is pretty bad, and my Se doesn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    If we assume a good friend. But I'd rather prefer to take your first answer, as I'm serious that most INTPs wouldn't even answer to start with.

Any whimsy to your humour? INTPs have a sense of whimsy. That's due to Ne being allowed room to play.
    Yes, I am rather whimsical. Many people have commented on this.

Strange on the messiness. But how messy is your messy though. If you recall the thread on how does your house/living area look like, while you may not be as zen as Wolf's, but are you anywhere near Santtu's stage? That's a real P.
    I'm not extremely messy, but I am certainly messier than average. I am also an extreme procrastinator.

The lack of application could just be because you've not found something that really interests you though, and is not indicative of a type. If anything, I'd be interested to hear your motivations for choosing to continue doing something you have no interest in - perhaps that'd shed more light.
    I have found something that really interests me. Ever since the age of 5 or so I have been fascinated by theoretical physics. As I have gotten older, my interests have become even more purely abstract. I am still in high-school, yet I plan to study pure mathematics and theoretical physics in college. I strive to become a mathematician and physicist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Instead of taking them as a whole, Merkw, you could look at the J/P dichotomy. What do the tests say in terms of J/P? Which do you use more often?
    50/50. Rather irksome, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Your first impressions of INTPc and INTJf, respectively, should provide a clue to your type.
    When I first looked at INTPc, I liked it very much. However, I gradually began to grow irritated of it. When I saw INTJf, I thought that it was a relatively good idea. I haven't grown irritated of it at all, but it can be a little bit bland at times.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Although I am still confused about my type (INFJ or INTJ) seeing as you are not questioning the F v. J dimension it should be relatively easy to determine your type.

So, I'm sticking with my previous post. If you prefer strategic thinking and naturally tell people what to do you are probably and INTJ. Conversely if you have little interest in strategy and would rather solve problems, ponder infinity, etc. then most likely you are an INTP.

Finally just as I am doing with my type don't rule out the other temperaments. Perhaps you are an SP as some have suggested or maybe even (although I hope not) an SJ.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Oh, I have to take new pictures soon.. ya know, I'm not always ill and unable to do the household chores!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    So, I'm sticking with my previous post. If you prefer strategic thinking and naturally tell people what to do you are probably and INTJ. Conversely if you have little interest in strategy and would rather solve problems, ponder infinity, etc. then most likely you are an INTP.
    Again, based off this, INTP is more fitting. However, I do question this mildly absolutist method that you are using to distinguish INTJ from INTP.

Finally just as I am doing with my type don't rule out the other temperaments. Perhaps you are an SP as some have suggested or maybe even (although I hope not) an SJ.
    Definitely not. My S is literally non-existent.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Again, based off this, INTP is more fitting. However, I do question this mildly absolutist method that you are using to distinguish INTJ from INTP.

Definitely not. My S is literally non-existent.
    Definitely absolutist. But it is the clearest way for me to express my perceived difference between the two types.

Although this probably isn't the best way to determine one's type consider those famous people that are allegedly of each type.

Here is an extreme example that should illustrate my point:

consider the difference between Ceaser and Einstein.

How precisely does Caesar come into play? I am quite confident that he is an ESTP.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    How precisely does Caesar come into play? I am quite confident that he is an ESTP.
    ... because several websites claimed he was an INTJ. And since the creators' of those website probably know more about type then me, I am going to assume their assements are correct

@ JustDave: I deeply question many of the typings on said websites. I stand firm in my opinion that Caesar was an ESTP, with ENTJ as a slim second place option.

[Grammar Nazi Mode] (1) The apostrophe after "creators" is completely uncalled-for. (2) Lack of agreement in the phrase "of those website." Either make website plural or replace 'those' with another adjective. (3) Lastly, in the phrase "about type then me," you have used "then" improperly. "Than" should be in its place. Finally, "me" should be replaced with "I."
    [/Grammar Nazi Mode]

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp