First 23456 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I normally see INTPs portrayed as the experts in their field, but who typically remain relatively low level in the corporate heirarchy.
    Good point, Met. INTJs seem to have some Machiavellian ambition in them if it suits their purpose.

As Pink pointed out, we will tend to have a lot of varied knowledge as long as it is somehow directly applicable to life (or we think it could be at some point).
    My INTJ goes into his basement and attempts to make Damascus steel every so often. He's gotten close actually. My INTP couldn't be bothered to try but really likes the theory behind the attempt.

I would have shoved his ass off the road and continued on.

An INTJ has spoken. *zen chimes*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    My INTJ goes into his basement and attempts to make Damascus steel every so often. He's gotten close actually. My INTP couldn't be bothered to try but really likes the theory behind the attempt.
    That's awesome. I have a couple of Damascus steel switchblades and love them.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    xNTP

That's awesome. I have a couple of Damascus steel switchblades and love them.

Most websites consider Darth Vader to be an ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    This produces a rather intriguing image in my mind of a large gathering of people in some ancient oriental kingdom, all huddling around an INTJ meditating. They all ask the INTJ to enlighten them with his wisdom. One asks what would he do if the aforementioned situation in Guatemala occured (thus creating a massively anachronistic time-paradox [perhaps quantum tunneling was involved]), where the INTJ thus briefly interrupts his trance to ever-so tactlessly answer the question.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis
    I would have shoved his ass off the road and continued on. If I thought there was a chance of me being linked to it, I would leave the country with all possible haste..I was talking about the tribesman, not my friend.
    Yes, my inferior Te would have voted for this as well. Get rid of the problem, hope for the best and haul ass!

Fi could spend the time after the rescue by Royal Navy worrying over the lack of respect the body...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Sorry. I meant to put this one.

...or perhaps...
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    I'd get rather annoyed at this so-called "friend" of mine, to being with. I will try to force my friend to go announce what happened to the tribesmen on his own. If he doesn't comply, I will knock him out with a shovel or some similar device, bring his unconscious body along with the corpse to the tribe settlement. I will attach a sticky note on either my friend's limp body, or the tribesman's corpse, explaining the situation. Then, I will wait a while, see if this friend makes it out alive or not. If he doesn't, and the tribesmen end up going after me, I will just get out of there as quickly as possible.

I am rather interested to hear you interpret this.
    1. Your first instinct is annoyance: This is caused by the fact that that your friend did "wrong", and you're endangered (your locus is self preservation first, I'd guess?) as a result. You took fast measure of the consequences. Your focal point is the fact that you could be in danger. Your subsequent action is then triggered by the measurement of this input.

-> inputs first -> perceiving function first giving you that flight or fight instinct. I'd read that as Ni vs Ti.

2. You then proceed to start shaping your escape straightaway in a very strategic manner, I must say. You'd not hesitate to take harsh action too. You did not question the premise and the set-up, but started to work the system straightaway.

That's pretty Te to me, vs Ne. Ni-Te is action-focused. Ti-Ne is not as prone to action.

3. The fact that your friend has done wrong is the locus for you, isn't it? Fi takes offence.

I feel an INTP would've usually started to question what tribe is this, and how'd this ruling come into place, etc. They'd have came back with questions to clarify the setup actually, vs answer the question directly. Their focal point would've been how'd this come into place. What're the loopholes. Death as a consequence of inaction is not likely to come to mind till later. Also, friendship is a principle to most INTPs - they'd not abandon the friend, no matter what wrong they'd done. But they're likely to be conflicted with flying off and not confessing. So they'd not answer the question immediately, but waffle a bit and try poke out a loophole where they could gain absolution and save the friend too.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    May the websites be rightfully screwed. Besides, I personally believe that Darth Vader (NOT Skywalker) is an ISFJ, and before joining the Dark Side, was an ENTP.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Based off that, INTJ seems more fitting. But then again, I challenge the accuracy of your second paragraph. I always saw INTPs as the type least likely to want to "fit in" to any group, and rather remain a detached, idiosyncratic observer.
    Certain schools, however, consider INTP to be Ni dominant; socionics, for example, and Jung himself would have probably said the INTP was Ni, because with Jung, P represents a dominant perceptual function that can either be I or E. ExxP has a dominant perception function that is extroverted. The IxxP has a dominant introverted perception function. The ExxJ has a dominant extroverted judgment function. The IxxJ has a dominant introverted judgment function.

The whole thing is just a theory anyway, so it could be right, it could be wrong, but above all, and not unlike religion, it is right to certain people and wrong to certain people. Now if you're trying to figure out your MBTI type, I think it's actually quite silly to think in terms of functional orders. An INTJ has, in order, Ni, Te, Fi, and Se. But what about an INTJ who has developed Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si? Jung said anyone can potentially develop all eight functions. So when you are confusing yourself with your preferred lifestyle (the structured J or the spontaneous P), then I would just focus on that dichotomy and nothing else.

May the websites be rightfully screwed. Besides, I personally believe that Darth Vader (NOT Skywalker) is an ISFJ, and before joining the Dark Side, was an ENTP.
    I agree with you here, mostly. Although, I think Anakin in The Phantom Menace was an ENFP, Darth is ISTJ (ENFP shadow).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    (your locus is self perservation first, I'd guess?)
    That could account for some of our differences, too, since I am social.