User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I completely understand. I have consistently tested INTJ but suspect I might be INTP for the same reasons...I'm kind of a jack of all trades and I while I have general ambition, I don't have the will to work every day to achieve. I am easily sidetracked. I am, however, comfortable in leadership positions. I've decided to just let it lie, because these things are just supposed to be guides and tools, not a definitive measure of a person.

Since I'm in the same boat, I'll take a stab at Aelan's question. I'd hightail it out of there for two reasons: 1. My friend did it, not me, and I don't want to be drawn and quartered for nothing. 2. While I have a general respect for the law, I wouldn't trust the tribe's system of judgement and punishment without understanding it first and I'd be afraid to receive a death sentence for an accident under a system I don't understand.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    I'd get rather annoyed at this so-called "friend" of mine, to being with. I will try to force my friend to go announce what happened to the tribesmen on his own. If he doesn't comply, I will knock him out with a shovel or some similar device, bring his unconscious body along with the corpse to the tribe settlement. I will attach a sticky note on either my friend's limp body, or the tribesman's corpse, explaining the situation. Then, I will wait a while, see if this friend makes it out alive or not. If he doesn't, and the tribesmen end up going after me, I will just get out of there as quickly as possible.

I am rather interested to hear you interpret this.
    Are you being serious? If so, I highly doubt that you are an INTJ.

I would have shoved his ass off the road and continued on. If I thought there was a chance of me being linked to it, I would leave the country with all possible haste.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The way I see it, the INTJ has inferior Se, which serves as an aspirational function. The Ni position in the INTJ dreams of a life of action freedom, but the Ni makes these Se desires impractical and unrealistic unless developed, potentially leaving Ni trapped in their idealized fantasy world. So the INTJ can also be over-obsessive and cautious in their pursuit of their Se aspiration.

The INTP, on the other hand, has an Fe aspiration, which is more a desire to fit into their social group. This is probably the source of the INTP's social awkwardness. Tertiary Si is likely what makes the INTPs gatherers of useless knowledge.
    Based off that, INTJ seems more fitting. But then again, I challenge the accuracy of your second paragraph. I always saw INTPs as the type least likely to want to "fit in" to any group, and rather remain a detached, idiosyncratic observer.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Do you see yourself leading people?

Do you have trouble telling people what to do (directing vs. informing)?
    I'd rather lead than follow, and I don't have any problems leading, yet it simply doesn't appeal to me particularly.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I would have shoved his ass off the road and continued on. If I thought there was a chance of me being linked to it, I would leave the country with all possible haste.
    Well, it is specified that this person is a "friend." I really don't have many friends at all. I only have one or two true friends, both of whom I value. If this person were actually a friend of mine, I wouldn't just kick them out of the car. If it were someone else, like an acquaintance, a relative I dislike, or just some stranger, then I similarly, would have just thrown them out of the car and kept on driving.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Bear with me?

You're on a hot and dusty road out in Guatemala with a friend who's had 6 cans of beer, and is driving at 90 miles an hour. All of a sudden, a tribesman pops out from nowhere, and WHAM, your friend knocks him down dead. Now you've two options. One would be to go to the tribe and confess, for which you and your friend are most likely to be hung and quartered, or two, pack up, fly out of the country in the next hour, and no one will ever know.

What'll you do, and why?
    I can't imagine anyone choosing the first option. You'd almost have to go with packing up and flying out.

Here's the dialog I imagine:

Me: Ahh! What was that! (responding to the car bump)
    Them: I-I just hit someone!
    Me: Oh my god! (gets out of the car and checks)
    Me: It was a native. But do you realize how much trouble we'd be in right now if this had been a civilized person? We'd be stuck here in court, or possibly even prison. This is why you don't drink and drive, okay? Goodness, I can't believe you were so stupid!
    Them: Well, what are we going to do now?
    Me: What do you think? We're going to get the heck out of here before someone sees us. We'll pull the body over to the side of the road and try to make it look like he just collapsed for some reason. They probably won't know what did this as primitive as they are, and they're not likely to appeal to the larger legal system if they don't know an outsider caused this.
    Them: I'm sorry about this.
    Me: Yeah, me too. I just hope you understand what a terrible thing you've done and what could have happened to you, how much stress you're causing me, and that that's sufficient motivation to get you to stop drinking like this. Sigh. Let's just get out of here.
    *drive off*

So, what does this measure, anyway?

I'd get rather annoyed at this so-called "friend" of mine, to being with. I will try to force my friend to go announce what happened to the tribesmen on his own. If he doesn't comply, I will knock him out with a shovel or some similar device, bring his unconscious body along with the corpse to the tribe settlement. I will attach a sticky note on either my friend's limp body, or the tribesman's corpse, explaining the situation. Then, I will wait a while, see if this friend makes it out alive or not. If he doesn't, and the tribesmen end up going after me, I will just get out of there as quickly as possible.

I am rather interested to hear you interpret this.
    :eek: I can't believe someone would actually do that, it's so dangerous and doesn't do anyone any good.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, it is specified that this person is a "friend." I really don't have many friends at all. I only have one or two true friends, both of whom I value. If this person were actually a friend of mine, I wouldn't just kick them out of the car. If it were someone else, like an acquaintance, a relative I dislike, or just some stranger, then I similarly, would have just thrown them out of the car and kept on driving.

I was talking about the tribesman, not my friend.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    xNTP

Based off that, INTJ seems more fitting. But then again, I challenge the accuracy of your second paragraph. I always saw INTPs as the type least likely to want to "fit in" to any group, and rather remain a detached, idiosyncratic observer.

I'd rather lead than follow, and I don't have any problems leading, yet it simply doesn't appeal to me particularly.
    Hope I am not being pedantic but would you prefer to lead (control others) or, alternatively, not be led/controlled and be your own boss?

It seems like judging types generally have no problem leading others. However, it seems like most perceiving types would prefer to be left alone. To not be led yet to not lead others would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I can't imagine anyone choosing the first option. You'd almost have to go with packing up and flying out.

So, what does this measure, anyway?
    This is what I was thinking.

It reminds me of a hypothetical question a friend of mine asked me yesterday: "Would you rather spend 3 months as a peace activist in Sudan, spend 2 months in Sierra Leone, or spend 2 months locked in a cabin/room/apartment with a roommate who is determined to kill you."

I wondered why someone wouldn't select the last one. Most likely, it would be rather easy to out-smart the individual. It would actually be fun if he/she were around the same intellectual level as I. It would be something along the lines of a battle of the wits. Like a puzzle with extremely high stakes.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Around the same Intellectual Level as I?

My silly intuition is now telling me you are definitely an INTJ. Why? Who knows. I try not to question the magic of intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

I was talking about the tribesman, not my friend.
    Hah! That was a rather amusing misinterpretation. Regardless, my statement remains. If the person is not a true friend of mine I would say something along the lines of "Figure the dilemma out on your own. It's your fault. Your drunkenness really irritates me. You should have never been given a driver's license. Have fun desperately trying to stay alive in this wasteland." *I drive away while chuckling in a rather evil manner*

To answer the other question,
    I would rather just be left alone then boss people. However, I would rather boss people than follow orders.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp