User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Allow me to try again.

INTJs, such as Hannibal (the military leader not lecter), are more overtly strategic in nature whereas INTPs, such as Darwin and Einstein, are more concerned with knowledge for its sake.

Again neither type is better. It's all situational.
    Based of that, I would be a rather clear-cut INTP. I am still not completely convinced, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    This better describes my INTJ than my INTP.
    Oh? That strikes me as mildly unusual.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Wow. And to think I imagined all INFPs to be wrist-cutting emos who do nothing of any use.
    Ironically, I know of at least one INTP who does that, but haven't heard of an INFP doing so.

Based of that, I would be a rather clear-cut INTP. I am still not completely convinced, though.
    Well, one thing that might be a good question, then, is whether you find Feeling or Sensing harder to deal with.

Do you use Ti more than Te? Ti is more about understanding the nature of something, Te is more about efficiency towards a goal, from what I can tell.

Also, do you use Se and Fi more, or Si and Fe more?

MBTI
    xNTP

Oh? That strikes me as mildly unusual.

I've got an idea! All things being equal, how confident are you in your ideas/work/goals? Again, as I understand it INTJs tend to be more confident. Which yet again is not necessarily a good thing as overconfidence could cause one to prematurely dismiss viable possibilities ...

heart on fire

Wow. And to think I imagined all INFPs to be wrist-cutting emos who do nothing of any use.

I jest, of course.
    lol, I have my moments...

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, one thing that might be a good question, then, is whether you find Feeling or Sensing harder to deal with.

Do you use Ti more than Te? Ti is more about understanding the nature of something, Te is more about efficiency towards a goal, from what I can tell.

Also, do you use Se and Fi more, or Si and Fe more?
    I use Ti more than Te, but I wonder as to whether I use Ni more than Ti. Sensing and Feeling are both extremely and equally difficult for me to deal with. It is hard for me to say whether I use Se and Fi more or Si and Fe more, as neither seems accurate. I seemingly use Si and Fi more than Se and Fe, which, of course, was not one of the options.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Bear with me?

You're on a hot and dusty road out in Guatemala with a friend who's had 6 cans of beer, and is driving at 90 miles an hour. All of a sudden, a tribesman pops out from nowhere, and WHAM, your friend knocks him down dead. Now you've two options. One would be to go to the tribe and confess, for which you and your friend are most likely to be hung and quartered, or two, pack up, fly out of the country in the next hour, and no one will ever know.

What'll you do, and why?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The way I see it, the INTJ has inferior Se, which serves as an aspirational function. The Ni position in the INTJ dreams of a life of action freedom, but the Ni makes these Se desires impractical and unrealistic unless developed, potentially leaving Ni trapped in their idealized fantasy world. So the INTJ can also be over-obsessive and cautious in their pursuit of their Se aspiration.

The INTP, on the other hand, has an Fe aspiration, which is more a desire to fit into their social group. This is probably the source of the INTP's social awkwardness. Tertiary Si is likely what makes the INTPs gatherers of useless knowledge.

MBTI
    INTJ

True, but I really dislike how INTPs are occasionally portrayed as having a vast variety of unusual talents and a head full of completely unrelated tidbits of random information, while not having any particular field of focus.
    I normally see INTPs portrayed as the experts in their field, but who typically remain relatively low level in the corporate heirarchy. As Pink pointed out, we will tend to have a lot of varied knowledge as long as it is somehow directly applicable to life (or we think it could be at some point).

Yes, I do have a rather wide variety of unusual talents, and I do have a lot of random factual information retained in my mind, yet my main field of interest is quite, quite focused.
    I focus on multiple fields that wouldn't seem related at all to an outside observer but are all ultimately directed towards the same goal.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    xNTP

Do you see yourself leading people?

Do you have trouble telling people what to do (directing vs. informing)?

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Bear with me?

You're on a hot and dusty road out in Guatemala with a friend who's had 6 cans of beer, and is driving at 90 miles an hour. All of a sudden, a tribesman pops out from nowhere, and WHAM, your friend knocks him down dead. Now you've two options. One would be to go to the tribe and confess, for which you and your friend are most likely to be hung and quartered, or two, pack up, fly out of the country in the next hour, and no one will ever know.

What'll you do, and why?
    I'd get rather annoyed at this so-called "friend" of mine, to being with. I will try to force my friend to go announce what happened to the tribesmen on his own. If he doesn't comply, I will knock him out with a shovel or some similar device, bring his unconscious body along with the corpse to the tribe settlement. I will attach a sticky note on either my friend's limp body, or the tribesman's corpse, explaining the situation. Then, I will wait a while, see if this friend makes it out alive or not. If he doesn't, and the tribesmen end up going after me, I will just get out of there as quickly as possible.

I am rather interested to hear you interpret this.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp