• INFJ

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default What's Quiet's Type?

Hi there folks. I'm currently wondering what my type is. I type generally as INFJ, but have had INTJ, ENFJ and INFP results before. I attribute this to the effects of what may be going on in my personal life, that might affect my behavior both mentally and emotionally. So here I am jumping on the "Type Me" bandwagon, and although I'm still fairly new here, I'm hoping a few people might be able to offer me some feedback. Thanks!

Poll now fixed: Thank you Ivy and Fidelia.
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hi

can you give us some reasoning for why you have yourself currently typed as INFJ in your profile / why you normally test INFJ, and why you think that might not be totally accurate?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    hi

can you give us some reasoning for why you have yourself currently typed as INFJ in your profile / why you normally test INFJ, and why you think that might not be totally accurate?

Good question!

It's an issue that almost seems cyclic for me to go through. For whatever reason, events happen in my personal life, and I find that with so much introspection and reflection, I find I grow in a new way from the experience. These days I feel more at peace during a time of high stress. I know that my thoughts and feelings change about people and issues, when I experience them, rather than by looking back on them and thinking differently. I hope that makes sense?

Also, I made a video post on the "Type me" thread. I was not really used to watching myself in motion, nor was I used to listening to myself talk I suppose. I think that mostly I believe I am INFJ at my core, but at the moment am beginning to develop other functions. So, as I am just feeling like I am in a fluid and changeable state at the moment, I am mostly just wondering how other people see me. (and I often wonder about this question too).

MBTI
    EPIC

Just going by first impressions, because I am far from knowledgeable about the functions, I get INFx.

I sense Introspection. From your avatar I get INFP. Dreamy, introvert, kind, caring, supportive. Definitely a kind person smile. Your first response to skylights was "Good question!". Before anything else, you complimented. I also get that you'd build someone's self-esteem. I don't get that you'd wear your feelings on your sleeve like I understand Fe to be. So I am more inclined to side with INFP and Fi than INFJ and Fe. I'd more believe you would decide to do things based more on how you felt about it than how society feels about it.

From your love of LOTR, the reasons you liked it, and your experience with Intuition, I'd say more N than S. Although you did say you are more familiar with Ni than Ne, which would be INFJ. From just the little bit I've read, I'm going with INFP, with INFJ as a backup.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thank you Idec, I'm considering your thoughts! I'm in agreement in the sense that I build people up. I do that yes (or try to). Interestingly enough though, I'm horribly uncomfortable with my Fi and tend to avoid "feeling" my feelings. I tend to rationalize them because I feel guilty, ashamed and embarrassed with expression of my negative emotions. I honestly can't accept or tollerate my negative feelings. I love expressing my positive ones openly though, haha.

I think for myself in all honesty, I'm more hurt if someone else is hurting. I always feel a sense of helplessness and wish to trade them places so that they could find peace. For whatever reason I'm pretty tough and can manage other peoples burdens. If they're happy, then I'm happy. Problem solved!

I do have a select few personal beliefs that go against society. I'm mainly interested in taking a more observatory stance on most subjects. I'm fine if others don't share my beliefs, as long as they are willing to converse / debate / discuss with mutual respect for mine. I'm more concerned with a persons attitude, than their beliefs. If we can't listen to one and other, then we maintain a sense of apathy.

I personally find Ne annoying because it feels too open ended. I liken it to a "winging it" attitude because it lacks structure. I appreciate direction somehow, and I have always been very conscious of Ni within myself.

Here is the strange thing...

I absolutely love the poetic depth and warmth of the INFP. I do believe I look very warm and personable in my avatar. To be honest, I hate the picture. I think it's very unflattering and there is the weirdness of seeing my boyfriend's hand in it too haha. But I love the look of warmth in my eyes. That is why I decided to use it. (Plus my new pink glasses). You are right with how kind they look in it. I'm not too sure they look that way at all times though, as I was giving my guy the "I love you, honey" gaze.

So lately I have been on an extroverted kick! I'm here and beginning to open up more and I'm liking it. I only shared the two pictures of myself about 2 weeks ago (avatar pic and one other in my profile album). Before that, I was basically annonymous. I really wanted to become part of the forum and get to know other members. And I wanted to be more aproachable with my avatar picture, in hopes that others would feel more comfortable.

I've shared my heart a little on my blog. Mainly though, I tend to find I write more reflectively and without much drama (hopefully!). I'm guarded to be overly specific and detailed in my sharing, as I've discovered the hard way about how much I could burden others with my problems. So I'm open but aim to record my competence as an individual just living my life.

So still not an organized set of personal dynamics as far as I see myself with regards to my functions. But INFP would be a fair guess, I believe. I still strongly desire to be able to distinctly organize my inner self after the dust settles. I think there is a fair amount of chaos and heartache in my personal life atm of which annoys me greatly. And oddly enough for a change, I'm less inclined to care about certain things now as much as I used to. I suppose I'm just confused.

MBTI
    EPIC

I'll have to read on it more about it, but I understand that Fi is one to say "follow your heart and what you know to be right" and Fe is one to say "follow what will be accepted by the majority and what is considered right by them".

Fe has infectious emotions and influences other's emotions. It sets the mood for the group. It also mirrors someone's emotions back to them.

Fi will pick out the person who is having a rough time of it and try to cheer them up because it can relate. I'd imagine it's reaction to the difference between their emotions and the mood of the group would be to become uncomfortable. It's emotions also aren't very visible.

I get a sense of open expression from Fe. It would express any and all emotions, regardless of if it was negative or not. I get a sense of control from Fi. Deciding what to express. Fe expresses and then maybe regrets it later. Fi gets permission to express. I wouldn't think Fe would be doing much rationalizing of their feelings. In your video you also said you've been doing a lot of analyzing of your feelings. I relate that to Fi as well.

The Ne/Ni part is the only hitch. You said Ne wasn't structured enough, but maybe that's because it is a perceiving function and not a judging one, so it is up to the judging one to structure it? Not sure.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Your DNA says "INFJ."
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    I'll have to read on it more about it, but I understand that Fi is one to say "follow your heart and what you know to be right" and Fe is one to say "follow what will be accepted by the majority and what is considered right by them".

Fe has infectious emotions and influences other's emotions. It sets the mood for the group. It also mirrors someone's emotions back to them.

Fi will pick out the person who is having a rough time of it and try to cheer them up because it can relate. I'd imagine it's reaction to the difference between their emotions and the mood of the group would be to become uncomfortable. It's emotions also aren't very visible.

I get a sense of open expression from Fe. It would express any and all emotions, regardless of if it was negative or not. I get a sense of control from Fi. Deciding what to express. Fe expresses and then maybe regrets it later. Fi gets permission to express. I wouldn't think Fe would be doing much rationalizing of their feelings. In your video you also said you've been doing a lot of analyzing of your feelings. I relate that to Fi as well.

The Ne/Ni part is the only hitch. You said Ne wasn't structured enough, but maybe that's because it is a perceiving function and not a judging one, so it is up to the judging one to structure it? Not sure.
    Sounds like you and I are both on the same frustrating journey

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Your DNA says "INFJ."
    Haha Halla, you're my hero. I just wanna be an ESTP like you!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Hmm well I know a bit about you on a more personal level..

I would guess INFx .. but then in your video.. you can come across as a bit INTJ..

Based on all that.. INFJ makes the most sense