• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pick my type

Pick one, pick a few, but don't be a douche and pick them all. I know I'm not an ENTJ

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Jennifer doesn't think I'm cool?
:cry:

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
My vote is INFP, with a possibility of INTP. :cheese:

Your supremely huggable nature makes me say INFP. :hifive:

BUT - you could be a really, really nice INTP disguised as an INFP. :shock:

Either way, you iz one of Halla's favorites. :hug:

I'm with Halla. I definitely see an Ne function and most likely a Ti and Fi that are well-used and close together. I vote INFP.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
My stepmom is an ISTJ; they strike me as similar.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Two ladies in charge of spanking you when you're a bad boy; of course we seem similar!

This is similar, IMO, to the phenomenon of everybody typing their mother as ISFJ. That may be how you experience her, but it may not be who she is at her core. We don't always show our whole selves to everyone. And sometimes roles get in the way of seeing other aspects of someone. A lot of women focus on caretaking when they have small children; doesn't make them SJs, it makes them mothers to small children.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Two ladies in charge of spanking you when you're a bad boy; of course we seem similar!

This is similar, IMO, to the phenomenon of everybody typing their mother as ISFJ. That may be how you experience her, but it may not be who she is at her core. We don't always show our whole selves to everyone.

Very true.

The fact that you called animal control about the bird stuck to your screen door seems more NF or SJ than NT or SP though. I'm still sticking with not NT or SP. (Yes... I did read some of your past posts for due diligence.)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
From being on this forum for a few years now, I'd say my best guess is ISFJ. The only letter I'm reasonably sure of is F.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the input guys! The only J type I think I'd seriously consider is INFJ, because they tend to be spacey-J (organized inner world, disorganized outer world) which is the only way I think I could be considered a J. Aside from that, it really seems like years of indecision kind of points to a P type. :D

The way I admin the forums can be a bit hardnosed but that's born out of necessity, not preference. I hate being an authority figure and I much prefer goofing around with people to being the boss of them.

See, that's what I was talking about. It's obviously not "necessity" yet the fact that you see it that way rules out the more Utilitarian types.

NOW ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I FORGOT WHAT IT WAS.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I vote ISFJ. Second guess would be ISTJ. Not getting a Pe vibe at all, especially Ne.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What do I live for? I'm not sure I know. It doesn't seem like something I have to do on purpose. What makes life worth it: learning about interesting stuff, making endless strings of terrible puns with Noah, messing with my kids' minds, road trips, having new experiences...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the input guys! The only J type I think I'd seriously consider is INFJ, because they tend to be spacey-J (organized inner world, disorganized outer world) which is the only way I think I could be considered a J. Aside from that, it really seems like years of indecision kind of points to a P type. :D

You don't come across on this forum as "spacey" at all though. What are some examples of "spacey" behavior in your life?

What do I live for? I'm not sure I know. It doesn't seem like something I have to do on purpose. What makes life worth it: learning about interesting stuff, making endless strings of terrible puns with Noah, messing with my kids' minds, road trips, having new experiences...

This makes me almost think SP here. ;)

What kinds of stuff do you find interesting? Do you have aspirations beyond just living a comfortable life with your family?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FFS I thought you picked INFP so we didn't have to attempt to type you when we have less clue than you! :steam:

Like others have said the IxFx parts come across clearest. You appear very balanced in each dichotomy though. You're quite rational in your approach, weather that's a sign of being a grounded sensor or using insight from intuition I have no freaken idea, your preference for F is strong though. You've never given an INFP "vibe" to me, yet they are often one type that has more trouble than most typing themselves as they can't identify with the descriptions.

/no help

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Spacey: forgetful, flaking out on stuff regularly, head in the clouds, at times oblivious to what's clear to others. Teachers always called me "the absentminded professor." In my freelance work I have a problem with time management and frequently miss deadlines. I have six weeks to do the projects but in the beginning I can't get motivated since there's no fire under me and there's always stuff I'd rather be doing. (To be honest a lot of that is napping.) So I end up doing 90% of the work in the last week.

Stuff I find interesting: changes all the time. Whatever's going on in science/technology that isn't too techy for me to grasp, discoveries about the lives of early humans and how their lives compare to ours, nature vs. nurture debate in all its forms, autism (what it is, where it comes from, are people born with it or can you "get" it, can we reframe it so it isn't considered only a disability, etc.).

Aspirations: vague ones- I'd like to go to grad school but I've never been able to decide what for. A large part of the motivation for that is to be able to earn more money to do more fun stuff with my family and give my kids some of the experiences I never had as a child because we couldn't afford them.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Could you see a clearer type as a kid, or is it just as blurred looking back?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just as blurred, in large part because I did a lot of chameleoning as a child to cover up my social anxiety. And because my family's weird. I'm far and away the most T member of my family of origin, but objectively speaking I'm probably an F.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you ever actually considered ISFP?

What would/wouldn't match with that?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am one, but only honorary. Stupid Mac deleted the poll and thread on INTPc where it was decided. :doh:
It was an... accident... yeah, that's it... accident...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I missed this poll, but if I had to choose, I'd go with ISFJ. I don't see P at all. This is based on the few times I've met with you and just an overall vibe. Intelligent but not a thinker. I'd say you're way too sensitive to be a thinker.

Also, I don't put much stock into MBTI as it's just an indicator. I gave up years ago trying to put myself into a typology category. Is it really all that important? For me it isn't.