• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Slap A Type On Me

cfs1992

Interesting. What don't you like about sports, if any?

Doesn't an INTJ have the total absence of Fe? What do you think in terms of Te?

Could you define this "Ti vibe"?

Yes, it's true, but I think Te would be more about putting things into a system, organizing... Ti is about how things work and why, he seemed to be more about it. But no one is better than him to say if it fits or not his personality...

I am the Senate

haha, both if you don't mind.

Political parties, I am reluctant to draw too much of an opinion on them, as for me to feel comfortable to do so would mean I would need to be in one and to explore it and gather as much information about it before coming to a conclusion. I don't like to just "assume" things. As an outsider I feel I can only speculate about them. If I were to believe what is reported in the media, then the major political parties are somewhat corrupt, with many members of said parties seemingly incompetent, even at being corrupt, which you would think would require more concentration. Like I said though, I can only speculate, and I don't like to do that.

As for social gatherings, well as a concept they seem fine. I can't say I've been to many, the ones I have been to have been mostly pleasant enough. I can't say I'm particularly interested in attending them.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Political parties, I am reluctant to draw too much of an opinion on them, as for me to feel comfortable to do so would mean I would need to be in one and to explore it and gather as much information about it before coming to a conclusion. I don't like to just "assume" things. As an outsider I feel I can only speculate about them. If I were to believe what is reported in the media, then the major political parties are somewhat corrupt, with many members of said parties seemingly incompetent, even at being corrupt, which you would think would require more concentration. Like I said though, I can only speculate, and I don't like to do that.

As for social gatherings, well as a concept they seem fine. I can't say I've been to many, the ones I have been to have been mostly pleasant enough. I can't say I'm particularly interested in attending them.

I see. So, what else do you want?

I am the Senate

Yes, it's true, but I think Te would be more about putting things into a system, organizing... Ti is about how things work and why, he seemed to be more about it. But no one is better than him to say if it fits or not his personality...

If you intended your last sentence to be bait for me to reply, then you have succeeded, congratulations.

To answer though, I like putting things into a system and organizing, and even if something appears to be chaos to somebody else, to me it's always organized chaos. I feel I can see patterns and connections in everything.

I am also extremely interested in how things work and why. Simply because I place a very high value on being able to understand things, and then being able to extrapolate various ideas and concepts and appyling them to other things which are seemingly completely unrelated, but yet it all fits together. For me anyway.

I'm not sure if that helps give any indication one way or the other to whether or not I am primarily Ti or Te.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You'll have to elaborate, do you mean in a general sense? And would my answers need to be realistic, or can I be as fanciful as possible?

I'm just wondering about the purpose of the thread. How should it end?

I am the Senate

I'm just wondering about the purpose of the thread. How should it end?

Oh right. It should end when I feel I have what I need from it, which is some insight from people other than myself as to what my type may be. I was/am after a bit of thought stimulation from people who know more about this stuff than I do.

By the way, I have taken quite a few of these type tests online, and I don't know how seriously they should be taken, but I would say 9 times out of 10 the result is INTJ. Although the responses of some people in this thread have got me thinking a bit more.

Have you derived anything from the questions you have asked me?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh right. It should end when I feel I have what I need from it, which is some insight from people other than myself as to what my type may be. I was/am after a bit of thought stimulation from people who know more about this stuff than I do.

By the way, I have taken quite a few of these type tests online, and I don't know how seriously they should be taken, but I would say 9 times out of 10 the result is INTJ. Although the responses of some people in this thread have got me thinking a bit more.

Have you derived anything from the questions you have asked me?

I have many questions to ask but the very action of asking drains me. So yeah...

The people who I think are "common pros" on this doesn't seem to be active at this point.

I'm not exactly sure what to give you. An explanation of function jargon? Stimulation? not sure what that is..but

alright: Do you have any fears? Can you identify them?

I am the Senate

I have many questions to ask but the very action of asking drains me. So yeah...

The people who I think are "common pros" on this doesn't seem to be active at this point.

I'm not exactly sure what to give you. An explanation of function jargon? Stimulation? not sure what that is..but

alright: Do you have any fears? Can you identify them?

Never achieving great success is one perhaps. I don't think I could ever settle for an "average" life.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP SLAP

lol :)

i live with two INTPs. your writing sounds very much like the way they reason, too. it's very Ti-based. more "dry" sounding to me than "fuzzy" Fi.

liking sports is not very INTP stereotypical but there is no reason why you cannot be an INTP who loves sports. i am an ENFP who loves the phyiscal aspects of driving and that supposedly goes against my type.

as someone explained before i choose I over E not because of your mentioning that you are not very social, but rather the way you describe not being very social.

also, Ti can really come off as J in simple tests - INTPs are often meticulous with their things, etc. - so it doesn't throw me much if you've tested as INTJ previously.

I am the Senate

INTP SLAP

lol :)

i live with two INTPs. your writing sounds very much like the way they reason, too. it's very Ti-based. more "dry" sounding to me than "fuzzy" Fi.

liking sports is not very INTP stereotypical but there is no reason why you cannot be an INTP who loves sports. i am an ENFP who loves the phyiscal aspects of driving and that supposedly goes against my type.

as someone explained before i choose I over E not because of your mentioning that you are not very social, but rather the way you describe not being very social.

also, Ti can really come off as J in simple tests - INTPs are often meticulous with their things, etc. - so it doesn't throw me much if you've tested as INTJ previously.

OK. A few people have typed me as INTP now so I thought I would do a bit of reading up on the archetypal INTP. As before, there are some glaring differences that I notice, but is that to be expected?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Sounds NT as fuck. I don't think I've met any NF's that said they keep friends around for utility. INTJ.

I am the Senate

Here's some examples:

"proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example. While a judging NT will often seek to become master of his field, an INTP is satisfied by analysing it alone."

In my formulative years as a musician, I combined intense continual practice with understanding. For 3-4 years I made sure that I practiced on my musical instrument for at least 6 hours per day. I too seek to become master of my field, in anything that I take up seriously. For me it is the only goal, nothing less will do.

"INTPs do not like to lead or control people."

I do.

"Because the present is inextricably linked to a sense of the past, INTPs tend to hoard items which help solidify the connection to the past. They find it very difficult to let go of anything they have collected (or indeed created) and which may have a nostalgic meaning."

If something no longer has a use for me, then it's thrown away. I don't like to hoard, because it takes up unnecessary space and causes there to be clutter.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound like a pretty clear INTJ. Did you do a cognitive functions test?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try keys2cognition.com. There are bound to be at least half a dozent othes on the net as well.

I am the Senate

Try keys2cognition.com. There are bound to be at least half a dozent othes on the net as well.

Thank you. I have taken the test and here is the result:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.5)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ, 5w4 sp/so