User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

That'd be your enneagram type. It means you're a type Five (the Analyst) with a type Four (Individualist) wing, and your dominant instinct is self-preservation (sp) followed by social (so).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by I am the Senate View Post
    Here's some examples:

"proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example. While a judging NT will often seek to become master of his field, an INTP is satisfied by analysing it alone."

In my formulative years as a musician, I combined intense continual practice with understanding. For 3-4 years I made sure that I practiced on my musical instrument for at least 6 hours per day. I too seek to become master of my field, in anything that I take up seriously. For me it is the only goal, nothing less will do.

"INTPs do not like to lead or control people."

I do.

"Because the present is inextricably linked to a sense of the past, INTPs tend to hoard items which help solidify the connection to the past. They find it very difficult to let go of anything they have collected (or indeed created) and which may have a nostalgic meaning."

If something no longer has a use for me, then it's thrown away. I don't like to hoard, because it takes up unnecessary space and causes there to be clutter.
    ooh you do sound J, don't you! well INTJ then

do you understand the cognitive functions stuff? if not, here's a good site for reading - Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes. if you're an INTJ, your most-preferred function should be introverted iNtuition (Ni) and your secondary should be extraverted Thinking (Te)... if you read about those and they sound unfamiliar to you, then that's a good start for questioning your type...

the only thing that gets me is how much you sounded Ti in that first post! but then maybe that's just Ni+Te and i read it as Ti. you do sound a little bit more... i dunno, polished or something... than the average INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ooh you do sound J, don't you! well INTJ then

do you understand the cognitive functions stuff? if not, here's a good site for reading - Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes. if you're an INTJ, your most-preferred function should be introverted iNtuition (Ni) and your secondary should be extraverted Thinking (Te)... if you read about those and they sound unfamiliar to you, then that's a good start for questioning your type...

the only thing that gets me is how much you sounded Ti in that first post! but then maybe that's just Ni+Te and i read it as Ti. you do sound a little bit more... i dunno, polished or something... than the average INTP
    If you look on the previous page you will see the results I got from taking a cognitive functions test, and you will see that Ti and Te are extremely close with Ni being my third strongest process. Maybe that helps explain your initial impression.

What exactly do you mean by "more polished" than the average INTP?

Something which you may find interesting is that I took an enneagram test too, and came out as type 8, with 5 and 1 closely behind.