• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Slap A Type On Me

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That'd be your enneagram type. It means you're a type Five (the Analyst) with a type Four (Individualist) wing, and your dominant instinct is self-preservation (sp) followed by social (so).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's some examples:

"proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example. While a judging NT will often seek to become master of his field, an INTP is satisfied by analysing it alone."

In my formulative years as a musician, I combined intense continual practice with understanding. For 3-4 years I made sure that I practiced on my musical instrument for at least 6 hours per day. I too seek to become master of my field, in anything that I take up seriously. For me it is the only goal, nothing less will do.

"INTPs do not like to lead or control people."

I do.

"Because the present is inextricably linked to a sense of the past, INTPs tend to hoard items which help solidify the connection to the past. They find it very difficult to let go of anything they have collected (or indeed created) and which may have a nostalgic meaning."

If something no longer has a use for me, then it's thrown away. I don't like to hoard, because it takes up unnecessary space and causes there to be clutter.

ooh you do sound J, don't you! well INTJ then :)

do you understand the cognitive functions stuff? if not, here's a good site for reading - Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes. if you're an INTJ, your most-preferred function should be introverted iNtuition (Ni) and your secondary should be extraverted Thinking (Te)... if you read about those and they sound unfamiliar to you, then that's a good start for questioning your type...

the only thing that gets me is how much you sounded Ti in that first post! but then maybe that's just Ni+Te and i read it as Ti. you do sound a little bit more... i dunno, polished or something... than the average INTP

I am the Senate

ooh you do sound J, don't you! well INTJ then :)

do you understand the cognitive functions stuff? if not, here's a good site for reading - Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes. if you're an INTJ, your most-preferred function should be introverted iNtuition (Ni) and your secondary should be extraverted Thinking (Te)... if you read about those and they sound unfamiliar to you, then that's a good start for questioning your type...

the only thing that gets me is how much you sounded Ti in that first post! but then maybe that's just Ni+Te and i read it as Ti. you do sound a little bit more... i dunno, polished or something... than the average INTP

If you look on the previous page you will see the results I got from taking a cognitive functions test, and you will see that Ti and Te are extremely close with Ni being my third strongest process. Maybe that helps explain your initial impression.

What exactly do you mean by "more polished" than the average INTP?

Something which you may find interesting is that I took an enneagram test too, and came out as type 8, with 5 and 1 closely behind.