MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

INTP SLAP

lol

i live with two INTPs. your writing sounds very much like the way they reason, too. it's very Ti-based. more "dry" sounding to me than "fuzzy" Fi.

liking sports is not very INTP stereotypical but there is no reason why you cannot be an INTP who loves sports. i am an ENFP who loves the phyiscal aspects of driving and that supposedly goes against my type.

as someone explained before i choose I over E not because of your mentioning that you are not very social, but rather the way you describe not being very social.

also, Ti can really come off as J in simple tests - INTPs are often meticulous with their things, etc. - so it doesn't throw me much if you've tested as INTJ previously.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    INTP SLAP

lol

i live with two INTPs. your writing sounds very much like the way they reason, too. it's very Ti-based. more "dry" sounding to me than "fuzzy" Fi.

liking sports is not very INTP stereotypical but there is no reason why you cannot be an INTP who loves sports. i am an ENFP who loves the phyiscal aspects of driving and that supposedly goes against my type.

as someone explained before i choose I over E not because of your mentioning that you are not very social, but rather the way you describe not being very social.

also, Ti can really come off as J in simple tests - INTPs are often meticulous with their things, etc. - so it doesn't throw me much if you've tested as INTJ previously.
    OK. A few people have typed me as INTP now so I thought I would do a bit of reading up on the archetypal INTP. As before, there are some glaring differences that I notice, but is that to be expected?

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Sounds NT as fuck. I don't think I've met any NF's that said they keep friends around for utility. INTJ.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Here's some examples:

"proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example. While a judging NT will often seek to become master of his field, an INTP is satisfied by analysing it alone."

In my formulative years as a musician, I combined intense continual practice with understanding. For 3-4 years I made sure that I practiced on my musical instrument for at least 6 hours per day. I too seek to become master of my field, in anything that I take up seriously. For me it is the only goal, nothing less will do.

"INTPs do not like to lead or control people."

I do.

"Because the present is inextricably linked to a sense of the past, INTPs tend to hoard items which help solidify the connection to the past. They find it very difficult to let go of anything they have collected (or indeed created) and which may have a nostalgic meaning."

If something no longer has a use for me, then it's thrown away. I don't like to hoard, because it takes up unnecessary space and causes there to be clutter.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

You sound like a pretty clear INTJ. Did you do a cognitive functions test?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    You sound like a pretty clear INTJ. Did you do a cognitive functions test?
    I don't believe I have taken a cognitive functions test, could you guide me in the direction of one?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Try keys2cognition.com. There are bound to be at least half a dozent othes on the net as well.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Try keys2cognition.com. There are bound to be at least half a dozent othes on the net as well.
    Thank you. I have taken the test and here is the result:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.7)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.9)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.5)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.5)
    average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INTP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

INTJ, 5w4 sp/so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so