User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: INFJ or INTJ

MBTI
    xNTP

Default INFJ or INTJ

Every Online test I have ever taken has indicated that I am either an INFJ or an INTJ. To further confuse matters I can equally identify with most of the INTJ and INFJ profiles I have read.

I am 99% certain about my N and J preferences, about 60% certain about my I prefernce but completely split on T vs. F.

So, can anyone help me discern my type?

MBTI
    INFJ

Fe/Ti or Te/Fi ?

MBTI
    INTJ

One of my best friends is an INFJ male, and it is difficult to tell the differences between us on many aspects. He is equally as ruthless as me and has a grasp of the big picture. The main difference, I think, would be that he is more idealistic than me. I will tend to focus on tangible, real-world outcomes (even if they are far fetched), while he will focus on the meaning of such a goal. We joke a lot about me being the Architect and him being the Propaganda Minister. He's loyal to a fault, but if I were about to go slay 100 kittens or something, he would stop me.

Was your life relatively in order when you were more INTJish? If not, I could see some kind of repression making you appear to be an INTJ.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    TiSe

Lenore Thomson makes a great distinction in her book, by saying that two NJ navel officers on a ship going down would come to the same results. The difference is the INFJ would be concerned about the crew's safety and the INTJ, the ship. I think the Tiegers make a similar distinction in hearing of an automobile accident. Two INJ parents receive a call from their child that they have been in an accident. The INFJ would be concerned about the child, however the INTJ would be concerned about the automobile (rationalizing that since the child is calling and they sound okay, the next concern would be the vehicle). Another comparison would be the INFJ having more concern for a terminally ill person, and the INTJ making sure that doctor's are getting it right and assuring that all hospital paperwork is in order.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    One of my best friends is an INFJ male, and it is difficult to tell the differences between us on many aspects. He is equally as ruthless as me and has a grasp of the big picture. The main difference, I think, would be that he is more idealistic than me. I will tend to focus on tangible, real-world outcomes (even if they are far fetched), while he will focus on the meaning of such a goal. We joke a lot about me being the Architect and him being the Propaganda Minister. He's loyal to a fault, but if I were about to go slay 100 kittens or something, he would stop me.

Was your life relatively in order when you were more INTJish? If not, I could see some kind of repression making you appear to be an INTJ.

Minor tragedies aside, my life has always been in order. Since a relatively young age (~10) I have always known what I wanted to do with my life. And, thus far have not strayed too far from that course.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Lenore Thomson makes a great distinction in her book, by saying that two NJ navel officers on a ship going down would come to the same results. The difference is the INFJ would be concerned about the crew's safety and the INTJ, the ship. I think the Tiegers make a similar distinction in hearing of an automobile accident. Two INJ parents receive a call from their child that they have been in an accident. The INFJ would be concerned about the child, however the INTJ would be concerned about the automobile (rationalizing that since the child is calling and they sound okay, the next concern would be the vehicle). Another comparison would be the INFJ having more concern for a terminally ill person, and the INTJ making sure that doctor's are getting it right and assuring that all hospital paperwork is in order.
    Split again ...

I would certainly choose the crew over the ship. However, I constantly use the logic you described in the Child scenario.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Fe/Ti or Te/Fi ?
    I have a cat that looks exactly like your avatar. Does that help?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I have a cat that looks exactly like your avatar. Does that help?

No, not really, but it's still funny

That was my way of checking whether you know about the functions or not Just ask Athenian, she's always offering to help the newcomers with whatever they don't know yet

MBTI
    INTJ

First of all you should test your cognitive functions: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Every Online test I have ever taken has indicated that I am either an INFJ or an INTJ. To further confuse matters I can equally identify with most of the INTJ and INFJ profiles I have read.

I am 99% certain about my N and J preferences, about 60% certain about my I prefernce but completely split on T vs. F.

So, can anyone help me discern my type?
    Can you offer up what runs through your mind in making a decision for us?

For example... What things have you tried in figuring out your MBTI type? What thoughts ran through your mind when you were trying to determine whether you're a INTJ or INFJ?