• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INTJ

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oooh- I just thought of something that could distinguish between SP and NF! :holy:

do you enjoy sci fi and fantasy books and tv shows and such?

the only thing in that category that I've ever read was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- out of a completely narcissistic love for Zaphod! :blush:

def. more of an N thing than an S thing I do beleive! :yes:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
oooh- I just thought of something that could distinguish between SP and NF! :holy:

the only thing in that category that I've ever read was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- out of a completely narcissistic love for Zaphod! :blush:

For a time I was a big Tolkien fan but otherwise Sci fi and fantasy is booooooring. It so blah, blah dragons, blah, blah swords, ...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Really? I grew up on fantasy books. Redwall books were my childhood. And then Oscar Scott Card's Ender's Game series.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Really? I grew up on fantasy books. Redwall books were my childhood. And then Oscar Scott Card's Ender's Game series.

;) and you're the NF! :laugh:

yeah- I mostly read things like Tintin or Jhonen Vasquez comics or non-fiction or reality based fictionish stuff that I can't really classify well because I suck at that sort of thing! (ie- Graham Green books, The World According to Garp, the Corrections and etc)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hmm ...

I'll bet that one of my cousins is an INxx. He loves fantasy books, Dungeons and Dragons :rolli: and has a masters degree in pscyhology. If he is in fact an INxx then there's no way I could be. Our personalities are completely different.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
;) and you're the NF! :laugh:

yeah- I mostly read things like Tintin or Jhonen Vasquez comics or non-fiction or reality based fictionish stuff that I can't really classify well because I suck at that sort of thing! (ie- Graham Green books, The World According to Garp, the Corrections and etc)

Unless it's something very interesting I lack the concentration to read anything substantial.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many of my friends are Ns and love anything fantasy/sci fi ish! :) That's how I was once forced to watch every episode of Firefly ever made (and decided to spend the time ogling Adam Baldwin :laugh:) and the reason WHY I've seen the uncut versions of all of the LOTR movies! :rofl1:

My S friends generally prefer movies like Snatch, Full Metal Jacket or When Harry Met Sally and such...

that's why I thought that might be a good question to ask! :laugh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Many of my friends are Ns and love anything fantasy/sci fi ish! :) That's how I was once forced to watch every episode of Firefly ever made (and decided to spend the time ogling Adam Baldwin :laugh:) and the reason WHY I've seen the uncut versions of all of the LOTR movies! :rofl1:

My S friends generally prefer movies like Snatch, Full Metal Jacket or When Harry Met Sally and such...

that's why I thought that might be a good question to ask! :laugh:

I love snatch, errr ... :blush:

If I had a dollar for everytime I said: "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" i'd probably have about $30. :dry:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's really hard to type someone based on the movies they watch or the books they read.
I know there are plenty of NFs into stuff like that.
Lots of NFs that love Tarantino, for instance.

The thing is, two people can watch the same movie, both say they loved it, but have been paying attention to completely different things.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
It's really hard to type someone based on the movies they watch or the books they read.
I know there are plenty of NFs into stuff like that.
Lots of NFs that love Tarantino, for instance.

The thing is, two people can watch the same movie, both say they loved it, but have been paying attention to completely different things.

That I could see. Whereas an NF might appreciate the protagonists triumph and poetic justice, an SP might appreciate the adventure ...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
One more thing I'd want to add about my personality, I am definitely not "Intense". I never take myself too seriosuly.

I have a lot of goals but most are meant to create a stable foundation for a fun life.

redacted

Absolutely. But that could be a product of my environment as most of my family and friends are very blunt.

Something that might be helpful just occured to me. I hate overly emmotional people with a passion. Especially if said people are whining about how they've been victimized but refuse to take action.

it seems pretty impossible to me that you're an INFJ based on that comment.

INFP makes way more sense. sorry for saying INFJ before lol.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the whole future thing from your intro thread is def more of an N thing though- I NEVER think ahead! :cry:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
the whole future thing from your intro thread is def more of an N thing though- I NEVER think ahead! :cry:

Now I am starting to wonder when I started to think ahead. I know I said I have always been that way but now that I think about it that tendency didn't really start until college.

In fact, my friends and I were big troublemakers up to college. But after many of my friends got into serious trouble I slowed down and became a bit of a hermit.

Hmm ... i think i just had a little self discovery:shock:

redacted

Hmm ...

I'll bet that one of my cousins is an INxx. He loves fantasy books, Dungeons and Dragons :rolli: and has a masters degree in pscyhology. If he is in fact an INxx then there's no way I could be. Our personalities are completely different.

wait. don't rule out all INxx types because you aren't like your cousin.

i'm way different than many INxx types lol.

i'm sticking with INFP. i think you must have so little patience for emotions of others because of some figure in your childhood being too irrational or something like that.

also, how old are you?

redacted

Now I am starting to wonder when I started to think ahead. I know I said I have always been that way but now that I think about it that tendency didn't really start until college.

In fact, my friends and I were big troublemakers up to college. But after many of my friends got into serious trouble I slowed down and became a bit of a hermit.

Hmm ... i think i just had a little self discovery:shock:

aaaaaaaaaaaah forer effect

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
wait. don't rule out all INxx types because you aren't like your cousin.

i'm way different than many INxx types lol.

i'm sticking with INFP. i think you must have so little patience for emotions of others because of some figure in your childhood being too irrational or something like that.

also, how old are you?

Let's take it from the top. Shall we?

You might be right about my comparison to my cousin. However, he is the prototypical nerd (socially awkward, very few friends, loves psychology and science) whereas I am have a ton of friends and love science but not more than having fun and hanging out with friends.

My fault, I should have been clearer, it not so much emmotions as it is irationality that turns me off. If someone is justifiably upset, that's cool.

I'm 26.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
aaaaaaaaaaaah forer effect

I had to look up Forer effect but it seems apropos.

Is it possible that I am in fact an SP, but that my family and friends are such extreme SPs that i seem Nx in comparison?

Also, any chance genetics influence type?

redacted

I had to look up Forer effect but it seems apropos.

Is it possible that I am in fact an SP, but that my family and friends are such extreme SPs that i seem Nx in comparison?

Also, any chance genetics influence type?

you're not SP.

"The reason for my search is if I better understand myself then I could probably ascertain what will bring me fulfillment. Lately I've been feeling hollow inside."

no waaaaaay