• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INTJ

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I wouldn't call them targets. That's a bit harsh. (Hmm ... interesting)

But cautiously, very cautiously.

Caution in the sense of, lowering your walls, or caution in the sense of a detailed plan of attack that will breach all her walls?

:popc1:

INJs are DomNi, remember ;) ? Our main function is a Perceiving one. We just don't show it usually :huh:

Yes. I was more interested in his method of answering that question. :devil: An INTJ vs an INFJ in argument is different.

Whoa, now! If it doesn't come out one of those quarter machines, don't expect to receive it.

Met. I pray your ladylove will have enough patience not to bean you with a rain of quarter machines at some stage. :rofl1:

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I dunno, I'm not convinced :tongue:

I still think INTJ, personally :huh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I've got to go. But I want to thank everyone for their help today. And look forward to many wonderful discussions in the future.

:bye:

Last edited:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I would definitely say INFJ, based on my own experiences.

FWIW, I too am getting a clear INFJ vibe based on what you, JustDave, have written in this thread and in your intro thread. For instance, to me, this post...

I've got to go. But I want to thank everyone for their help today. And look forward to many wonderful discussions in the future.

... perfectly illustrates the INTJ/INFJ difference referenced previously by "?". (I'm thinking of the automobile accident example.) I figure an INTJ would have simply logged off, rationalizing that it is understood that one is not online 24-7 and also preferring to express gratitude indirectly through the action of replying to specific posts rather than posting a general 'thank you'. And don't even get me started on the third sentence! :D This post of yours is very Fe, IMO. :)

Also, it seems like INFJs question their T/F preference more often than not. (See this thread for examples.) INTJs may want to claim more social interest than the descriptions give us :)SaiyanSmilie_anim: :rolleyes:) but in my experience we're not given to wonder if we're Fs.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
FWIW, I too am getting a clear INFJ vibe based on what you, JustDave, have written in this thread and in your intro thread. For instance, to me, this post...

... perfectly illustrates the INTJ/INFJ difference referenced previously by "?". (I'm thinking of the automobile accident example.) I figure an INTJ would have simply logged off, rationalizing that it is understood that one is not online 24-7 and also preferring to express gratitude indirectly through the action of replying to specific posts rather than posting a general 'thank you'. And don't even get me started on the third sentence! :D This post of yours is very Fe, IMO. :)

Also, it seems like INFJs question their T/F preference more often than not. (See this thread.) INTJs may want to claim more social interest than the descriptions give us :)SaiyanSmilie_anim: :rolleyes:) but in my experience we're not given to wonder if we're Fs.

Plus. When INTJs say they'll log off, they actually do.

This little guy is still lurking. :D

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Also, it seems like INFJs question their T/F preference more often than not. (See this thread for examples.) INTJs may want to claim more social interest than the descriptions give us :)SaiyanSmilie_anim: :rolleyes:) but in my experience we're not given to wonder if we're Fs.

I agree with everything. Particularly the part I just quoted. As aelan pointed out, this is probably much more likely for INFJ males, too.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree with everything. Particularly the part I just quoted. As aelan pointed out, this is probably much more likely for INFJ males, too.

Why're you being agreeable now. *suspicious* Are you becoming an NF?!

:D

I'm not certain, but he sounds like an NF to me. Besides Economica's well-reasoned points, based on:

1) He does not assert but seeks to include in a discussion
2) Caution in love and refusal to see person as a target. :devil:
3) He has a whimsical sense of humour.
4) Caution in joining this board. He took a year. I think INTJs wouldn't take that long. They'd just sign up and not visit?
5) He didn't log off. :rofl1:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Plus. When INTJs say they'll log off, they actually do.

Um... actually... :blush:

This little guy is still lurking. :D

I think he just closed his browser. Nice try, aelan, but methinks you have more work to do before you attain the 1337 stalker powers that is the hallmark of the INXJs. ;)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
This is the absolute easiest way I've found for distinguishing between male INTJs and INFJs.

Which system sounds most ideal?

System A, which gets great results but only a few get to enjoy the benefits of the results.

System B, which gets poor results but everybody gets to enjoy the benefits of the results.

From hanging out on INTJc, I found that INTJs always value results over who benefits, whereas INFJs value who benefits over results. This is supported by political survey results that ptg posted which attests that INTJs are far more predisposed to right wing ideologies, whereas INFJs are predisposed to left wing ideologies.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, possibly ...

Overall I am structured, decisive (about most things) and definitely cannot rest until my work is complete.

Decisiveness has nothing to do with J/P. Right now, I'll admit I suspect you are a percieving type.
I suppose I'm not 'decisive' about which kind of pizza I want to order. But only a moron would interpret that kind of behavior (in ANYONE) as a general 'indecisiveness'. I decided years ago (in about two minutes) that I'm opposed to capital punishment.
I must admit I'm getting sick of that word and its contexts. I think it's used too often as an instrument of extraverted judgement to beat people over the head.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Absolutely, one of the things I take great pride in is my oppeness to possibilities and the ability to see things from outside my little box.

Yes, except that kind of language that you just used usually indicates Ne. You're aware that you haven't looked at the possibility of being a percieving type. Why even mention that if you don't have a preference for extraverted perceiving?

Please take that temperment test that "?" gave a link to. That way you can determine if you are a theorist or a catylist. Your writing above makes me almost completely convinced that you have dominant or auxiliary Ne.

hmmm. You did say you got a really high score for introverted thinking, didn't you?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Yes, except that kind of language that you just used usually indicates Ne. You're aware that you haven't looked at the possibility of being a percieving type. Why even mention that if you don't have a preference for extraverted perceiving?

Please take that temperment test that "?" gave a link to. That way you can determine if you are a theorist or a catylist. Your writing above makes me almost completely convinced that you have dominant or auxiliary Ne.

hmmm. You did say you got a really high score for introverted thinking, didn't you?

Indeed I did. But that could have been caused by the questions which were asked. For example there were several ones concerning reasoning and taking things apart. As far as I know I often use logical reasoning. And as I certainly love to deconstruct things, intangible and otherwise.

That being said I will take the test "?" provided a link for.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
This is the absolute easiest way I've found for distinguishing between male INTJs and INFJs.

Which system sounds most ideal?

System A, which gets great results but only a few get to enjoy the benefits of the results.

System B, which gets poor results but everybody gets to enjoy the benefits of the results.

From hanging out on INTJc, I found that INTJs always value results over who benefits, whereas INFJs value who benefits over results. This is supported by political survey results that ptg posted which attests that INTJs are far more predisposed to right wing ideologies, whereas INFJs are predisposed to left wing ideologies.

My vote would be for system B all the way as without people to benefit from the results then what would be the purpose of the obtaining great results? It seems a bit empty IMHO.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

As Gabe suggested I took the test and was rated highest for the Catalyst temperament and (suprise, suprise) rated second for Theorist.

For the three categories (Talent, Learning and Self-leadership) my biggest strengths were: Strategic skill-set, Relationship centered and authenticity oriented.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
My vote would be for system B all the way as without people to benefit from the results then what would be the purpose of the obtaining great results? It seems a bit empty IMHO.

You communist! :D

Obviously, both of those systems in their ideal forms would be very ineffective, just as pure capitalism and pure communism prove to be disastrous. Posing the same question to most INXP types, they would find it difficult to choose between the most "ideal" of the two, as they would quickly recognize that both are imperfect. Some may have even proposed a new system such as, "System C, which gets moderate results and most people get to enjoy the benefits," as the most realistic and ideal situation. Seeing as how you stayed within the assigned parameters and had little difficulty in accepting an imperfect system as more ideal than another imperfect system, I would say that is strong evidence of being an INXJ. You get my vote for being an INFJ. :yes:

heart

heart on fire
Ahh this should be telling!

I was going to read his profile but it was way too lengthy.

If you had oral surgery, would you have a nagging feeling that you ought to write surgeon a thank you note? Serious question. :shock:

redacted

it was hard for me to admit i was an NF and not an NT, too.

you're F. INFJ with high Ti.

me too:

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47.5)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.3)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (47.5)
excellent use

p.s. take the cognitiveprocesses.com test....i wanna see!
Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
If you had oral surgery, would you have a nagging feeling that you ought to write surgeon a thank you note? Serious question. :shock:

Yes, in fact I hate it when people do not appreciate others. For example whenever I stay at a Hotel I never leave just a tip for the housekeepers as it seems degrading to them. I always leave them a brief thank you note with the tip.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
it was hard for me to admit i was an NF and not an NT, too.

you're F. INFJ with high Ti.

me too:

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47.5)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.3)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (47.5)
excellent use

It's not that I don't want to be an NF. The reason for my search is if I better understand myself then I could probably ascertain what will bring me fulfillment. Lately I've been feeling hollow inside.