User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: INFJ or INTJ

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Admit it! You just want another INFJ to add to your list.
    Oh shush, you. I wanted to test his reaction to that statement. You can't ask someone direct what they are, you'd only get what they think they are. You've to observe how they react to things.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Errr, I definitely have to disagree.
    Thinking is the greatest source of objectivity.
    N and S are split. There are actually ways that S is more objective than N, mainly in that S does not interpret.
    Extraverted processes are objective introverted processes are subjective.

Think of sensing: You SEEEEE a keyboard in front of you...
    as opposed to highly varying (Siiiii) eyewitness accounts of a crime.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Extraverted processes are objective introverted processes are subjective.

Think of sensing: You SEEEEE a keyboard in front of you...
    as opposed to highly varying (Siiiii) eyewitness accounts of a crime.
    And yet, almost nothing about Extraverted people seems more objective.
    Introversion is self-derived, but also allows for greater seperation from bias inducing influences, no?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    This is the absolute easiest way I've found for distinguishing between male INTJs and INFJs.

Which system sounds most ideal?

System A, which gets great results but only a few get to enjoy the benefits of the results.

System B, which gets poor results but everybody gets to enjoy the benefits of the results.
    Neither really seems ideal, honestly. But if I had to choose, I would be strongly tempted by System A if I were one of the few who got to enjoy the benefits... and even more so if my closest friends were also part of the few. But I would feel guilty if I had to see the people who weren't getting the benefits on a regular basis. If they were people I didn't see or talk to, I wouldn't mind using System A. If I had to look at or otherwise face them, System B.

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    For what it's worth, in my early 20's I would test as INTJ, and back then thought I was one. But it has become *quite* apparent to me, especially after interacting on this board, that I'm far from an INTJ!! hahaha. I think I fall pretty solidly in the NF camp, just based on a whole lot of other things.
    I do agree that it's very easy to get confused. I've been into computers so long that I seem somewhat knowledgeable even to people whose jobs are in computing.

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Oh shush, you. I wanted to test his reaction to that statement. You can't ask someone direct what they are, you'd only get what they think they are. You've to observe how they react to things.
    I definitely agree with that. If you really just ask them, you won't learn about anything except what they think they already know.

Sorry I was so late to this thread, JustDave. But I didn't even log in until the conversation had progressed too far for me to give any really valid advice that hasn't been given. (I'm getting too slow for this forum, sigh.)

Anyway, your struggle in deciding leads me to guess INFJ. You're a little different from me, but then we're all kind of different from one another.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

just found this quote: "truth alwasys wins over tact"

oops. must not be Fe then. INFP?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

*lol*. If he continues multiple guessing himself this way and starts purring, we'll know we have another INFP for sure then.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    OK. You are an _NFP. I suspect INFP. For further reference, there's the site INFJ or INFP? a closer look.
    I say INFP because your Ne givaway has a certian "teach-ness" about it that sounds like a good parent (second function).
    I know you say (and even emphasize) that you can logically construct/deconstruct things. By the way, deconstruct sounds more like Te. In fact, I'm not suprised anymore that you got a score for introverted thinking. This test is getting to be well known to give you the result of the process most different from what you do (except that they're both introverted judgement) (Linda Berens wrote an article about differentiating between extraverted sensing and extraverted intuition, I know that MANY improvisers mis-type as extraverted intuition types with that test. With that in mind, the test making this type of mistake again wouldn't suprise me at all)
    I have read through the material on that website in the past. And with the exception of my preference for informing instead of directing I seem to better fit the INFJ type.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    just found this quote: "truth alwasys wins over tact"

oops. must not be Fe then. INFP?
    Absolutely. But that could be a product of my environment as most of my family and friends are very blunt.

Something that might be helpful just occured to me. I hate overly emmotional people with a passion. Especially if said people are whining about how they've been victimized but refuse to take action.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I have read through the material on that website in the past. And with the exception of my preference for informing instead of directing I seem to better fit the INFJ type.
    OH no you don't. An acknowledged preference for informing (in this culture, and what you've said about your upbringing) is not an exception.
    Now you can read about interaction styles. (It's important here NOT to get caught up in societal bias here. Many behind-the-scenes types are unnessicarily ashamed of thier interaction style, and behind-the-scenes is the least appreciated interaction style.
    I also think your Ne-ish comment was not an accident at all.
    So I'd like to here why you want to be an INFJ. Because I KNOW (KNOW!) that right now there is some feeling-decision going on in identifying as INFJ, that you've probably tacked a long-held value on to that type or something.
    Because if you were to truly look at the evidence without bias (other posts here don't count as evidence. No offense guys, but all the other 'reasons' that this person is INFJ were wrong, backwards, or made-up. I'll get into that more if I have to)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Absolutely. But that could be a product of my environment as most of my family and friends are very blunt.

Something that might be helpful just occured to me. I hate overly emmotional people with a passion. Especially if said people are whining about how they've been victimized but refuse to take action.
    honestly, that sounds like you trying to kill your opposing personality, Fe.

A hard-to-live-up-to aspirational Te even shows up. No one should be openly emotional.
    Seriously though, what do you do with your feelings?