User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: INFJ or INTJ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Yes, possibly ...

Overall I am structured, decisive (about most things) and definitely cannot rest until my work is complete.
    Decisiveness has nothing to do with J/P. Right now, I'll admit I suspect you are a percieving type.
    I suppose I'm not 'decisive' about which kind of pizza I want to order. But only a moron would interpret that kind of behavior (in ANYONE) as a general 'indecisiveness'. I decided years ago (in about two minutes) that I'm opposed to capital punishment.
    I must admit I'm getting sick of that word and its contexts. I think it's used too often as an instrument of extraverted judgement to beat people over the head.

MBTI
    ENTP

Absolutely, one of the things I take great pride in is my oppeness to possibilities and the ability to see things from outside my little box.
    Yes, except that kind of language that you just used usually indicates Ne. You're aware that you haven't looked at the possibility of being a percieving type. Why even mention that if you don't have a preference for extraverted perceiving?

Please take that temperment test that "?" gave a link to. That way you can determine if you are a theorist or a catylist. Your writing above makes me almost completely convinced that you have dominant or auxiliary Ne.

hmmm. You did say you got a really high score for introverted thinking, didn't you?

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Yes, except that kind of language that you just used usually indicates Ne. You're aware that you haven't looked at the possibility of being a percieving type. Why even mention that if you don't have a preference for extraverted perceiving?

Please take that temperment test that "?" gave a link to. That way you can determine if you are a theorist or a catylist. Your writing above makes me almost completely convinced that you have dominant or auxiliary Ne.

hmmm. You did say you got a really high score for introverted thinking, didn't you?
    Indeed I did. But that could have been caused by the questions which were asked. For example there were several ones concerning reasoning and taking things apart. As far as I know I often use logical reasoning. And as I certainly love to deconstruct things, intangible and otherwise.

That being said I will take the test "?" provided a link for.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    This is the absolute easiest way I've found for distinguishing between male INTJs and INFJs.

Which system sounds most ideal?

System A, which gets great results but only a few get to enjoy the benefits of the results.

System B, which gets poor results but everybody gets to enjoy the benefits of the results.

From hanging out on INTJc, I found that INTJs always value results over who benefits, whereas INFJs value who benefits over results. This is supported by political survey results that ptg posted which attests that INTJs are far more predisposed to right wing ideologies, whereas INFJs are predisposed to left wing ideologies.
    My vote would be for system B all the way as without people to benefit from the results then what would be the purpose of the obtaining great results? It seems a bit empty IMHO.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post

As Gabe suggested I took the test and was rated highest for the Catalyst temperament and (suprise, suprise) rated second for Theorist.

For the three categories (Talent, Learning and Self-leadership) my biggest strengths were: Strategic skill-set, Relationship centered and authenticity oriented.

MBTI
    OMNi

My vote would be for system B all the way as without people to benefit from the results then what would be the purpose of the obtaining great results? It seems a bit empty IMHO.
    You communist!

Obviously, both of those systems in their ideal forms would be very ineffective, just as pure capitalism and pure communism prove to be disastrous. Posing the same question to most INXP types, they would find it difficult to choose between the most "ideal" of the two, as they would quickly recognize that both are imperfect. Some may have even proposed a new system such as, "System C, which gets moderate results and most people get to enjoy the benefits," as the most realistic and ideal situation. Seeing as how you stayed within the assigned parameters and had little difficulty in accepting an imperfect system as more ideal than another imperfect system, I would say that is strong evidence of being an INXJ. You get my vote for being an INFJ.

heart on fire

Ahh this should be telling!

I was going to read his profile but it was way too lengthy.

If you had oral surgery, would you have a nagging feeling that you ought to write surgeon a thank you note? Serious question.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

it was hard for me to admit i was an NF and not an NT, too.

you're F. INFJ with high Ti.

me too:

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.3)
    excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use

p.s. take the cognitiveprocesses.com test....i wanna see!
    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If you had oral surgery, would you have a nagging feeling that you ought to write surgeon a thank you note? Serious question.
    Yes, in fact I hate it when people do not appreciate others. For example whenever I stay at a Hotel I never leave just a tip for the housekeepers as it seems degrading to them. I always leave them a brief thank you note with the tip.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    it was hard for me to admit i was an NF and not an NT, too.

you're F. INFJ with high Ti.

me too:

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.3)
    excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use
    It's not that I don't want to be an NF. The reason for my search is if I better understand myself then I could probably ascertain what will bring me fulfillment. Lately I've been feeling hollow inside.