User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: INFJ or INTJ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I was going to read his profile but it was way too lengthy.
    No, really!?

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    First of all you should test your cognitive functions: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
    Totally disagree. All that will result in is which extraverted function he is presently predisposed to. That could change as his environment does. I would go back to the temperament. Is he a Catalyst
    The core needs are for the meaning and significance that come from having a sense of purpose and working toward some greater good. They need to have a sense of unique identity. They value unity, self-actualization, and authenticity. People of this temperament prefer cooperative interactions with a focus on ethics and morality. They tend to trust their intuition and impressions first and then seek to find the logic and the data to support them. Given their need for empathic relationships, they learn more easily when they can relate to the instructor and the group.
    or Theorist
    The core needs are for mastery of concepts, knowledge, and competence. People of this temperament want to understand the operating principles of the universe and to learn or even develop theories for everything. They value expertise, logical consistency, concepts, and ideas and seek progress. They tend toward pragmatic, utilitarian actions with a technology focus. They trust logic above all else. They tend to be skeptical and highly value precision in language. Their learning style is conceptual, and they want to know the underlying principles that generate the details and facts rather than the details alone.
    INJs are hard to distinguish, because they both use the same dominant function, are both use
    Last edited by "?"; 01-20-2008 at 06:51 PM.

MBTI
    xNTP

[QUOTE=Splittet;113371]JustDave, couldn't you just post your results and let us have a look? More experienced eyes might notice something you haven

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hmm. Dave.

Even on the official MBTI test, there's a disclaimer which states that 1/4 persons will not agree with their tested types.

For INFJ males, (I'm assuming you're male btw) there's a great deal of repression of the F (you'll find threads here that delved into that), so a pseudo-T comes about. That's where Met was coming from, methinks.

On the flipside, there's probably less social pressures which cause an INTJ to ameliorate to resemble an INFJ?

If Ti factors as your cognitive function, I'd actually think you're an INFJ - if Fe is repressed, the Ti would be stronger.

When you love someone. How do you express it?

MBTI
    xNTP

[QUOTE=JustDave;113380]
    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    JustDave, couldn't you just post your results and let us have a look? More experienced eyes might notice something you haven
    Hmm ... something odd happened to my last post.

I would post them but I don't know how to. Sorry.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    On the flipside, there's probably less social pressures which cause an INTJ to ameliorate to resemble an INFJ?
    True, but don't forget the possible family influences. With the "right" parents, an INTJ could learn to develop their Fi, and maybe even their Ti.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Hmm ... something odd happened to my last post.

I would post them but I don't know how to. Sorry.
    Attempt to use the edit option next time... copy and paste the whole post. Sometimes the forum does that.

Does the test not give you numbers for each function? Somehow my read on you is INFJ but I need more data to confirm.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Hmm. Dave.

Even on the official MBTI test, there's a disclaimer which states that 1/4 persons will not agree with their tested types.

For INFJ males, (I'm assuming you're male btw) there's a great deal of repression of the F (you'll find threads here that delved into that), so a pseudo-T comes about. That's where Met was coming from, methinks.

If Ti factors as your cognitive function, I'd actually think you're an INFJ - if Fe is repressed, the Ti would be stronger.

When you love someone. How do you express it?
    Yes, I am a male..

I generally express love by being attentive to needs and expressing affection. Also, (hope this helps) I have been known to give lavish gifts to family, friends and lovers.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes, I am a male..

I generally express love by being attentive to needs and expressing affection. Also, (hope this helps) I have been known to give lavish gifts to family, friends and lovers.
    I would definitely say INFJ, based on my own experiences.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

do you attempt to argue with someone on a point using cold logic or do you bring in a human appeal as well?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett