User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: INFJ or INTJ

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    OH no you don't. An acknowledged preference for informing (in this culture, and what you've said about your upbringing) is not an exception.
    Now you can read about interaction styles. (It's important here NOT to get caught up in societal bias here. Many behind-the-scenes types are unnessicarily ashamed of thier interaction style, and behind-the-scenes is the least appreciated interaction style.
    I also think your Ne-ish comment was not an accident at all.
    So I'd like to here why you want to be an INFJ. Because I KNOW (KNOW!) that right now there is some feeling-decision going on in identifying as INFJ, that you've probably tacked a long-held value on to that type or something.
    Because if you were to truly look at the evidence without bias (other posts here don't count as evidence. No offense guys, but all the other 'reasons' that this person is INFJ were wrong, backwards, or made-up. I'll get into that more if I have to)
    Actually if I had my choice I would be an ESTP. I'm not a big fan of whiny activists.

MBTI
    xNTP

Well at this point I am more confused than ever before. And despite all the test scores, insight, etc. I'm starting to think I am not an NF or NT but rather an SP searching for depth. Is that possible?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

honestly, that sounds like you trying to kill your opposing personality, Fe.

A hard-to-live-up-to aspirational Te even shows up. No one should be openly emotional.
    Seriously though, what do you do with your feelings?
    You've been very passive-aggressive and accusatory about much of this, Gabe. I don't understand that.

But by aspirational Te, are you saying he's an INFP? I could believe that... but I honestly am having trouble seeing a real pattern in his behavior. Then again, sometimes I have that problem with xNxP's, so...

Hmm. I'm unsure.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Well at this point I am more confused than ever before. And despite all the test scores, insight, etc. I'm starting to think I am not an NF or NT but rather an SP searching for depth. Is that possible?
    lol, probably not. You've said that you 'notice' and 'remember' everything. Is this a brief, sort of book-mark memory, or do you remember things viscerally an sequentially?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You've been very passive-aggressive and accusatory about much of this, Gabe. I don't understand that.

But by aspirational Te, are you saying he's an INFP? I could believe that... but I honestly am having trouble seeing a real pattern in his behavior. Then again, sometimes I have that problem with xNxP's, so...

Hmm. I'm unsure.
    I'm not accusing, I'm trying to get someone to make an educated decision about thier type for once.

I was also saying that I believe he's an INFP.

MBTI
    xNTP

honestly, that sounds like you trying to kill your opposing personality, Fe.

A hard-to-live-up-to aspirational Te even shows up. No one should be openly emotional.
    Seriously though, what do you do with your feelings?
    Generally I do not dwell on feelings. And, discussing my feelings has never been an issue but I tend not to put too much weight into to them.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post

Hmm. I'm unsure.
    Athenian,

BTW, I didn't really mean my comment about whiny NF activists. I was just trying to use an absurdity to better illustrate my point.

Which is another thing that might help clarify my type. Although I do feel bad for many people and can be very confrontantional, more often than not I am a very mellow person. Most things roll right off my back.

MBTI
    xNTP

lol, probably not. You've said that you 'notice' and 'remember' everything. Is this a brief, sort of book-mark memory, or do you remember things viscerally an sequentially?
    More visceral and sequential. I wouldn't say a book mark but rather the entire book.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    More visceral and sequential. I wouldn't say a book mark but rather the entire book.
    Ok, so when you say 'think outside the box' (which I previously, possibly incorrectly thought was Ne) what do you mean by that?

MBTI
    OMNi

It seems to me that Gabe is over complicating this. Most of the people in this thread have agreed with the assessment that you are INFJ. Ultimately, the best way to tell is to engage people in this forum and see which ones click with your way of thinking.