User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    yupp

If I know the type of a character on a show and know someone who acts very similar to the character I mean very very similar I usually type them as that type until new evidence proves otherwise. but I find typing others really hard because you really do not know what they are thinking at any given moment.I have the most problems with S and N followed by T and F which is tied with J and P then I and E. So I usually figure out if their I or E first unless something pops out and tells me another letter then I either do t and f or j and p depending on the person and my mood then I do s and n of course letters are liable to change in the middle of me doing this. I really want to read a typing book I think I may get on amazon and order one. And I have another issue I can find a way to relate to most anyone, it doesn't mean I fully understand them or agree but fully understanding/agreeing and relating are a tad different.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

I think it depends on the type of the person trying to identify himself/ herself. According to the literature, INFJs often don't recognize themselves or other INFJs very well, and that's what the INFJs here are saying, too. I usually test ISFJ, but have many INFJ characteristics, and for all I know, am one. They're rare, but I have at least one friend who's INFJ. It took me awhile to figure it out.

INTPs seem to easy to identify, both by themselves and others. Of course, there are always exceptions and borderline cases, but INTP is a pretty easy one for me to see. Clear mind, few emotional hooks, thinkers above all else.
    ENTPs are also pretty easy.

I also think EJs in general are easier to type. Certainly ENTJs and ESFJs are quite easy for me to recognize. The most difficult for me are INFPs and ISFPs.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    INTPs seem too easy to identify, both by themselves and others.
    So that's the conclusion, it's not necessarily easy to type yourself but INTPs are really easy to type. And here I thought I had some depth to my character.

I usually find the easiest thing to type is whether someone is IJ, IP, EP, or EJ first and the try to pick up the cognitive core from there because you know what functions to look for.

P.S. I just realised how xenophobic the name of this thread sounds.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    When I found out about type and my own type, I realised instantly that I could type a lot of people I had met or known as intps. I was wondering if people of other types can recognise their own.
    I think that you are more apt to be wrong than right in your typing.

I have posted snippets of this information here and other forums. In her booklet, “Dynamics of Personality Type: Understanding and Applying Jung’s Cognitive Process”, Dr. Berens refers to cognitive function look-alikes and differentiators. Based on her theories, there are certain types that will have dominant and auxiliary functions that are similar enough for a type to easily mistype.
    1. Si and Fi are often associated with a strong kinesthetic sense – like a whole body feeling-tone response. Si is an information source that informs decisions. When engaging in this process, a series of past impressions comes to mind unhidden. Fi is a judging process that uses different sources of information as checkpoints along the way to know if the evaluation is right.

2. Ti and Ni are often accompanied by a sense of detachment and disconnection. With both there tends to be comfort with complexity. The difference is that when we are engaging in Ti, we usually have a clear sense of the principles or models something is judged against, whereas Ni, an impressionistic image forms in the mind.

3. Se and Te are often used when there is a focus on facts and an empirical approach. Se is a perceptive process and may consist of data gathering with questions, whereas Te is a judging process in which the purpose of questions is to establish logic.

4. Ne and Fe often focus on people and their interactions. With Ne, it is the meanings and inferences that come to mind relative to people and their interactions. With Fe, it is the actions that keep people connected or disconnected that matter.

5. Se and Ne are both simultaneous in nature and involve perception of many things at once. This can lead to random activity as the outer world is scanned for additional information. With Se, there is an emphasis on possibilities for actions to take. With Ne, there is an emphasis on possibilities to be considered for action.

6. Si and Ni are both more focused and involve perception of “one thing at a time.” This gives the behavior a sequential appearance, with a sense of beginning, middle and end. With Si, the sequence is often logistical in nature and based on the past. With Ni, it’s based on a vision for the future, and the focus is on what steps to take next.
    Clearly any type using the same dominant function must first and foremost be taking into consideration, i.e. ITPs, INJs, etc. However based on the principles referenced to above, it makes sense that all types are interlinked and easily can look like others using their dominant and auxiliary functions.

MBTI
    INTP

I realise now that my original exaggeration has come back to haunt me. It wasn't until "?" quoted me above that I realise I've said. When I said, "I could type a lot of people as INTPs," I specifically meant three people.

This obviously inverts the whole meaning. What I was trying get across is that you meet people who are so similar to your type, that it actually helps you acquire more meaning for what your type is.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I realise now that my original exaggeration has come back to haunt me. It wasn't until "?" quoted me above that I realise I've said. When I said, "I could type a lot of people as INTPs," I specifically meant three people.

This obviously inverts the whole meaning. What I was trying get across is that you meet people who are so similar to your type, that it actually helps you acquire more meaning for what your type is.
    I think your inquiry was okay, I just find it arduous (well that makes it seem as though I go around typing others) to type others when it has taken me all of seven years to get mine right and that is after having the DiSC and Step II administered to me in 2000. What I referenced to above is how easy it would be to misidentify what you are perceiving as a specific function. Too many factors come in to play. For one (and just taking the INTP/INFJ as an example), based on Lenore Thomson's eight function seccesion, the next natural introverted function for ITPs would be Fi. If I am using my Fi, then I give off a somewhat bleeding heart response, which I would assume could easily be misconstrued as being NF. Since the IFJ's next extraverted function is Te, then they could actually appear hard and cold (remember the warm and fuzzy theory). I think these things and others have to come into play unless you have known a person intimately for a long period.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I easily recognize INTPs, but then it seems to me like everyone does.
    Some types are just more obvious than others.

I can tell you that it's a lot harder to devour your own.
    A real test of the will there.
    Go to sleep, iguana.