• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anybody willing to help me type my teachers?

LordPwnage

MBTI Type
INTP
I have just started a new semester and am having problems typing my teachers. If anybody could assist me, I would appreciate it.

Anyway...

Drafting and Design I- Definitely an ST. Seems logical and relatively intelligent; doesn't care about grammar or name pronunciation. Seems pretty introverted. I think he is a P, because he doesn't care about late assignments or lack of organization as long as you do the work, and he is pretty flexible. Pretty grounded and seems to enjoy what he does. I am guessing he is an ISTP.

Programming- She seems to ooze Fe, actively complementing students for innovation. She likes to make lessons interesting, once dressing up as a chef when teaching us about basic program composition. She is generally laid back, but can get a little flustered when my ENTP friend asks weird off-topic questions. She seems relatively sociable, and will often make small-talk with the senior TA while we are programming. She allows students to work ahead of the curriculum, once giving me the teacher's guidebook so I could start attempting conditionals. I believe she is an ENFJ

Advanced Geometry Honors- Seems like an NT, as is the topic she teaches, though she said that she didn't get geometry at first because "She hadn't developed her abstract mind"; is this indicative of an S? Anyway, she is very intelligent, and when I spoke with her about MBTI, she claimed that she was "A very introverted person" and that her profession requires her to be organized and disciplined, but she is very casual and laid back at home. She brought up the point that type is influenced by your environment, and said that she thinks that her type seemed to change with her different professions. Finally, her teaching style reflects Te and Ni, which makes me think she is an INTJ.

Global Humanities- I am positive he is an ENTJ. He is very theoretical and logical with his lectures, answering the most "far out" questions imaginable with ease. He rarely gives assignments, preferring instead to give lectures and tests, making him my favorite teacher by far. Very intelligent, he can come across as arrogant (which he jokingly acknowledges) but is very charismatic, and his sarcastic (and very Te) sense of humor will often make the class roar with laughter. He is an apparently excellent wrestling coach, and according to one of my friends, he set a crapload of records while wrestling at my school. My friend (a wrestler on his team, as well as one of his students) seems to think that this is because of his mental agility.

AIM English I- Intelligent but sometimes impatient with the impudence of some of his students. He demands respect but will return it. I use to think he was an F, but after we discussed a book he made us read called "The Tao of Pooh" about Taoism, he claimed that he was offended when reading the book, saying it called his position as a teacher worthless, and shared my sentiments that the book was strongly anti-intellectual, making it clear that Taoism would not work for him. This makes me think he is a T. I am unsure about his S/N preference, but as a literature fanatic he strikes me as an N. He is definitely an I, and after reading The Art of War, he talked about his impatience with his obviously J wife, which makes me think he is an INTP.

Anyway, if anybody could help me type these people I would be greatly appreciative.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From your description, your prog teacher sounds ESTP, actually. The dressing up points me to Se more than Fe. (edit: or ESFP)

Your descriptions of the other teachers are too vague to tell much. ISTP is plausible for the first one but there isn't a whole lot of support.

Unless there's a lot of things you aren't saying here (body language, impressions, style of speech, etc), I'm not really sure what pointed you to those specific types, as I see nothing definitive.

LordPwnage

MBTI Type
INTP
From your description, your prog teacher sounds ESTP, actually. The dressing up points me to Se more than Fe.

Your descriptions of the other teachers are too vague to tell much. ISTP is plausible for the first one but there isn't a whole lot of support.

Unless there's a lot of things you aren't saying here (body language, impressions, style of speech, etc), I'm not really sure what pointed you to those specific types, as I see nothing definitive.

Thanks for the response! I suppose there are a lot of characteristics that are hard to express in writing, but I will give you what is for certain:

Drafting: I (Shy, doesn't go around looking for students to help) S (Prefers concrete information and precise measurements) T (Logical, frank with criticism)

Programming: E (Outgoing)

Geo: N (Abstract, spends alot of time with concepts like proofs, ability to think in 3D, etc.) T (Oozes T-ness, thinks of herself as very logical)

Humanities: E (Charismatic, coaches wrestling) N (Very theoretical, likes lectures) T (Logical, often identifies logical fallacies in arguments) J (Te)

English: I (Appears uncomfortable in front of people other then close friends) T (From Taosim discussion)

Is that better? Thanks again for the reply.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Programming- She seems to ooze Fe, actively complementing students for innovation. She likes to make lessons interesting, once dressing up as a chef when teaching us about basic program composition. She is generally laid back, but can get a little flustered when my ENTP friend asks weird off-topic questions. She seems relatively sociable, and will often make small-talk with the senior TA while we are programming. She allows students to work ahead of the curriculum, once giving me the teacher's guidebook so I could start attempting conditionals. I believe she is an ENFJ
I would say more like ENFP because of the bolded parts

Advanced Geometry Honors- Seems like an NT, as is the topic she teaches, though she said that she didn't get geometry at first because "She hadn't developed her abstract mind"; is this indicative of an S? Anyway, she is very intelligent, and when I spoke with her about MBTI, she claimed that she was "A very introverted person" and that her profession requires her to be organized and disciplined, but she is very casual and laid back at home. She brought up the point that type is influenced by your environment, and said that she thinks that her type seemed to change with her different professions. Finally, her teaching style reflects Te and Ni, which makes me think she is an INTJ.

INTP rather?

AIM English I- Intelligent but sometimes impatient with the impudence of some of his students. He demands respect but will return it. I use to think he was an F, but after we discussed a book he made us read called "The Tao of Pooh" about Taoism, he claimed that he was offended when reading the book, saying it called his position as a teacher worthless, and shared my sentiments that the book was strongly anti-intellectual, making it clear that Taoism would not work for him. This makes me think he is a T. I am unsure about his S/N preference, but as a literature fanatic he strikes me as an N. He is definitely an I, and after reading The Art of War, he talked about his impatience with his obviously J wife, which makes me think he is an INTP.

Not INTP
Could be ISTJ?
Literature fanactic could be other than N.