• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Always tested Ixxx. Help type me?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Hello people of TypeC,

I have decided to start my own attention whoring thread... please help type me!

Je: I don't think I am a higher Fe user. Not only do I not care about social expectations, I am usually oblivious as to what the external standard of "normal" is, and to what other people think of me. I am not tactful. I feel insulted if someone calls me normal, even if they meant it to be reassuring. It's like they are trying to tame me, but I will never be tamed! My understanding of Te is rather poor, but I don't relate to descriptions from the "horse's mouth", and I don't think I have the Te function attitude.

Ji: I read both the Fi and Ti function attitudes on The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki and I seem to relate to each more than I relate to Je. My life motto is probably something like, "Anything outside your own person is irrelevant to evaluating anything or choosing your course in life." (which is from that site, but I don't use the word "soul" that it used) I just think that people need to use their own inner understanding of themselves to make decisions, and in principle anything outside shouldn't influence it. In practice the influence should try to be minimized. As for Ti I am not necessarily a system thinker or purely analytical, but other than that, I relate to it. In any case, I value internal consistency highly.

Pe: I can't differentiate between Ne/Se that well. I seem to fluctuate between Pe and Si attitudes/viewpoints in my daily life. Say I have a long term goal (btw, my goals are very general, which seems to be a P thing). Something happens in the present and changes the path I'll have to take to the goal. Or I have to change the goal itself. Sometimes I'll get stuck in a rut for a few hours, where I hold an Si(?) viewpoint like "Damn, I spent all this time working towards this one goal. I don't wanna change now because all the work will go to waste" before the Pe viewpoint (idk whether it's Ne or Se) kicks in and says "Alright, I can easily adjust to this problem, there are millions of options/paths to take from here!" I spend about 1/4th of my time in the Si(?) viewpoint and the rest in Pe. As long as I have options open to maneuver around my mistake, the mistake isn't a mistake at all from my POV. I don't like my options to be limited and I am the last person to limit my own options, and I see the options easily, which allows me to spend little time in the rut (thankfully).

Pi: I have no Ni whatsoever. Si, on the other hand, I know I have. Lately I have been thinking it may not be strong enough to be dominant. I have read posts from ISxJs here where they seem to be able to remember things incredibly well -- for example, they punch a number into a computer ONCE and remember it. In my case, no matter how many times I enter various card numbers into my computer, or even consciously try to memorize them, they do not stick. Same with phone numbers, etc.

So I guess the options are like:
Je deficient ISxJ (Si > Ji > Je)
possibly Pe deficient IxxP (Ji > Pi > Pe)

What do you think? Thanks in advance for your help :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pi: I have no Ni whatsoever. Si, on the other hand, I know I have. Lately I have been thinking it may not be strong enough to be dominant. I have read posts from ISxJs here where they seem to be able to remember things incredibly well -- for example, they punch a number into a computer ONCE and remember it. In my case, no matter how many times I enter various card numbers into my computer, or even consciously try to memorize them, they do not stick. Same with phone numbers, etc.

So I guess the options are like:
Je deficient ISxJ (Si > Ji > Je)
possibly Pe deficient IxxP (Ji > Pi > Pe)

What do you think? Thanks in advance for your help :D
I would guess xnfp. infp, even, in that you seem to take more care in constructing your sentences than enfps tend to.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I would guess xnfp. infp, even, in that you seem to take more care in constructing your sentences than enfps tend to.

Interesting. Thanks! I am sure of the "I", pretty much, so INFP is a good possibility I suppose. What about ISFP?

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
According to my logic, ISFP seems like you to me, but then again what do I know. I thought you were an ISTJ. I'm thinking ISTP...Wow, your just a mystery. :D

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
According to my logic, ISFP seems like you to me, but then again what do I know. I thought you were an ISTJ. I'm thinking ISTP...Wow, your just a mystery. :D

Hi there. I could see ISFP, but I'm quite convinced now that what I thought was Ti is actually Fi. ISTP is out then. ISTJ is more possible but I don't have enough Si. What do you think of Se vs. Ne? But then again, you think I'm an S because I didn't mention any "what ifs" in our wall small talk, right? So I'll take this as a vote for ISFP :D

ETA: My major issue with SP descriptions is the action orientation. I am not an action oriented person at all. I don't really "do" stuff.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting. Thanks! I am sure of the "I", pretty much, so INFP is a good possibility I suppose. What about ISFP?

It depends on the degree of depth with which you analyze yourself.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll just put this here... (INTP).

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
It depends on the degree of depth with which you analyze yourself.
Ok. This sounds hard to judge/explain. But I spend more time analyzing myself than other people/things, and I spend more time in analysis as a whole than in action. But I realize time spent doing something doesn't necessarily reflect depth.

I'll just put this here... (INTP).
Ok. What's your reasoning, if you don't mind?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok. This sounds hard to judge/explain. But I spend more time analyzing myself than other people/things, and I spend more time in analysis as a whole than in action. But I realize time spent doing something doesn't necessarily reflect depth.

Ok. What's your reasoning, if you don't mind?

Gut Feeling? I know, seems fallacious. I actually have another reasoning but that one is also not acceptable. but I know I have something else....:doh:

I guess all I can do is to beg for you to consider it and wait till I've come up with a good explanation.

Do you mind just writing more stuff? More specifically, how old are you?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Gut Feeling? I know, seems fallacious. I actually have another reasoning but that one is also not acceptable. but I know I have something else....:doh:

I guess all I can do is to beg for you to consider it and wait till I've come up with a good explanation.

Do you mind just writing more stuff? More specifically, how old are you?

Is the other reasoning that you think I'm the same type as you? lol. That's ok, I am not dismissing anything. As usual I find it difficult to come to a conclusion ;)

I'm 19, almost 20. I could write more stuff...

Um. I don't feel like I have a massive disconnect with SJs on this forum, but irl there's a pretty big gap. Especially ESxJs, as they tend to unload huge stores of Si facts at me. No interpretations, conclusions, realizations (etc) -- just stores of facts. I don't see the significance, my thought is usually "so what?" My ESFJ friend will tell me about the life story of everyone at his work. He knows all these minute things about people, his memory amazes me, the way the facts just stick to him. But at the same time I don't know how to react to that kind of information dump that just keeps going and going. It's not interesting to me.

I tend to be very self-accepting. I don't really have a sense of how I "should" be other than what I've defined internally, and yes, it's based on who I am at the "core". This is good and bad at the same time, like a lot of other things... good because I can't feel inferior to my own "standard", I can just change my mind if I'm not living up to my own goals. Bad because it's hard to tell what's innate and what's not, what needs to be changed and what doesn't, which hinders self-improvement. It would be cowardly to label things I have the power to change as innate, just so I don't have to change them.

uhhh...I'm looking up some stuff I wrote before I found out about type theory. I'm hoping I can reduce my own bias this way...

Excerpt from an old blog post, written in Feb 2010

I’ve realized that while commitment to my education and later career can get me far, it will be the ass-kissing and system-manipulating that will actually get me into grad school. At some point in the last 10 days or so I realized that I’m not up to dealing with this bullshit. I’m not interested in blowing smoke. I’m not interested in pretending. I’ll get as far as I can without partaking in this game, but I won’t go a step further. I won’t sell my soul or sacrifice who I really am just to achieve what others may believe is success. I would much rather have less material wealth and more of what I consider personal intangibles. No amount of money can buy me the mind I already have, and no textbook can teach me how to use it. I will not be tamed.

Ok so that was partially just rationalizing my own laziness... but oh god, it's so Fi.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I tend to be very self-accepting. I don't really have a sense of how I "should" be other than what I've defined internally, and yes, it's based on who I am at the "core". This is good and bad at the same time, like a lot of other things... good because I can't feel inferior to my own "standard", I can just change my mind if I'm not living up to my own goals. Bad because it's hard to tell what's innate and what's not, what needs to be changed and what doesn't, which hinders self-improvement. It would be cowardly to label things I have the power to change as innate, just so I don't have to change them.

This makes me believe you are at least leading with an introverted judging. Fi or Ti I can't quite pin down. Core is a very androgenous term in the sight of these two functions. Probing question! Is your 'core' milky, or crunchy. The interpretation is up to you. If you would explain your what you interpreted 'milky' and 'crunchy' to be. :)

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
This makes me believe you are at least leading with an introverted judging. Fi or Ti I can't quite pin down. Core is a very androgenous term in the sight of these two functions. Probing question! Is your 'core' milky, or crunchy. The interpretation is up to you. If you would explain your what you interpreted 'milky' and 'crunchy' to be. :)

I'm gonna have to go with milky, because it seems kind of fluid... like different "particles" don't seem distinguishable from one another. Of course, if the core were matter there would be different particles even in a milky core, but they are more easily distinguishable in a crunchy core. So I guess I'm going with milky.

However if I were to make it analogous to a chocolate... where the shell part is Pe and the core is Ji. When someone gets to know me, if they see Pe first and Ji second, Ji would probably come across as crunchy.

If any of that makes sense lol

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Milky... then crunchy you must be the MARS type. Ha. Seriously though, Fi was milky and Ti was crunchy. Milky then crunchy, in general was going to mean leading with a feeling judgment then further in was the 'thinking'. With this I'd say xxFP. Your enneagram (5w4) hints towards INTx though. Interesting. This may mean that you lead with Ne or Se (They can be quite milky themselves), with an auxillary thinking. ExTP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Milky... then crunchy you must be the MARS type. Ha. Seriously though, Fi was milky and Ti was crunchy. Milky then crunchy, in general was going to mean leading with a feeling judgment then further in was the 'thinking'. With this I'd say xxFP. Your enneagram (5w4) hints towards INTx though. Interesting. This may mean that you lead with Ne or Se (They can be quite milky themselves), with an auxillary thinking. ExTP.

Thanks. There are some INFP 5s (dunno about ISFP) though. I am more confident that I am an introvert than of my enneatype. I could be 4w5...maybe. I don't think a true E could spend a week in their apartment and still not really want to go outside lol. Especially since ESTPs are supposed to be one of the more extraverted Es.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Thanks. There are some INFP 5s (dunno about ISFP) though. I am more confident that I am an introvert than of my enneatype. I could be 4w5...maybe. I don't think a true E could spend a week in their apartment and still not really want to go outside lol. Especially since ESTPs are supposed to be one of the more extraverted Es.

Isfp is also not far off of that list.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Isfp is also not far off of that list.

Ok, thanks. I read 5w4 vs. 4w5 things and I am very sure of 5w4 now. I guess that means IxFP, with the e-type explaining my lack of "fluffiness".. I am not a mushy person at all and I try to distance myself from my emotions. This doesn't seem to be a 4 thing, the 4s seem to amplify them. And the 4 wing explains my individuality streak. (I don't really have a sense of right and wrong, though..)
Ne vs. Se...

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Ok, well, I have been thinking more about this and reading about Ne and Se. I can't really relate to Se and Ne just sounds like something everyone does (to a large degree). I'm not attentive to my environment at all, I miss lots of things, and I don't remember my journey from point A to B when walking or whatever. I am always lost in my head. This isn't necessarily a sign of N, I just think it's more consistent with Si use than Se use? If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Are there any SPs out there that lack any kind of action orientation, don't really do things as much as they just "plan" to do them (overthinking)? ETA: And don't necessarily mind overthinking.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP. From the way you've described yourself you HAVE to be either INFP or ISFP...and since you say you relate more to Si than Se...well, INFP has tert Si, and INFPs can go into Fi/Si loops.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
INFP. From the way you've described yourself you HAVE to be either INFP or ISFP...and since you say you relate more to Si than Se...well, INFP has tert Si, and INFPs can go into Fi/Si loops.

Thanks. I think you're right, and I've recognized signs of dom-tert looping especially when I'm stressed.

Hmm...ideally, I would like to see both absence of Se and presence of Ne in myself before accepting INFP over ISFP. I know this isn't something I can ask other people to provide. I think I am lacking Se but if I can truly know the difference between it and Ne I would have a better answer or at least I would be more confident in choosing one over the other. As I said, I relate to Ne but it sounds like something everyone does, so I'm likely misunderstanding it. (Or misreading the Lenore Thomson wiki, which is likely.)

Anyway. Thanks to everyone who has posted here. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks. I think you're right, and I've recognized signs of dom-tert looping especially when I'm stressed.

Hmm...ideally, I would like to see both absence of Se and presence of Ne in myself before accepting INFP over ISFP. I know this isn't something I can ask other people to provide. I think I am lacking Se but if I can truly know the difference between it and Ne I would have a better answer or at least I would be more confident in choosing one over the other. As I said, I relate to Ne but it sounds like something everyone does, so I'm likely misunderstanding it. (Or misreading the Lenore Thomson wiki, which is likely.)

Anyway. Thanks to everyone who has posted here. :D

Let me ask you what kind of might seem like a strange question: do you find yourself less opinionated (or holding your opinions back) or do you openly express yourself when you feel strongly about something or a particular value is crossed?

From what I understand, ISFPs are more easy going and are less likely to be as openly opinionated as INFPs for some reason. People have suggested SFP for me (and trust me, there's no way I'm ESFP, just not extroverted enough) which would leave me with ISFP...thing is, I relate to what you said about being inside of my own head and often walking places without even being able to tell you even exactly how I got there, although I am in touch with my five senses to a certain degree. I'm also more openly expressive about my opinions - and some of my opinions are pretty strong - and I enjoy theory and excel at literary analysis.

Don't know if this helps.