User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I haven't read much of the rest of this, and I may be a little biased, but your last two posts shout Ne-dominance (or at least auxillary) to me. I'm not seeing much Se from you at all.

I could go into more depth on this if you'd like, but basically I am seeing xNxP at this point.

All Natural! All Good!

Default On possibilities, paranoia, extrapolation of current "common threads" etc

When I was around 3 years old (this is one of my earliest memories) I had a terrible phobia of a slide the neighbours had. I thought it was some kind of elephant with a massive trunk. Then when my parents told me it wasn't living and couldn't hurt me I didn't believe them. I thought it could come alive and come crashing through the windows to kill me. When I was around 7 I had another fear, of the sun expanding. I read that it would only do that in 5 billion years or so, but I had no concept of time, and I thought it was going to happen, and consume earth, and burn us alive, and we would all die, and I was just terrified lol...

I've had many other fears but I remember those being particularly consuming. And those were minor! Because they had empirical verification that could kill the fear. Since then I've had many different paranoias where there was/is no way to verify objectively that they are not embedded in reality.

This seems to be the start of a trend that has continued 'til today. One where I think something that has a miniscule chance of happening, is actually likely to happen. I mean, I consciously know it's very unlikely, but I feel the weight of it all the time, like it's imminent and inevitable. Something that has a .001% probability of happening, in my mind, gets extrapolated to feeling 100% likely, especially if that 0.001% probability thing is something I fear horribly... only my own mind can threaten me like that. And when I happen to get a reality check on that, I start to get "healthier" again, because I realize that I just had a departure from reality. I have a lot of those, in both positive and negative possibility directions. Think unhealthy enneagram 5, where I build a system in my head based on these worst fears, and then project them onto every situation that is suggestive of them. And almost every situation is suggestive of them, when I am in that head space. Sucks.

Each life situation is a practical thing, though (obviously, 'cause it's real), and they can all be manifestations of some hypothetical bad thing, in degrees, but that is just what they are, degrees. For example, say I hold the view that society thinks of women as cattle* (FTR, I don't believe it's nearly that extreme, it's just an example). This is an ideology, not strictly empirical. I can consciously differentiate between real life manifestations of this, for example, there is a big difference between legislating that each person who is able should produce 2 kids, vs. just saying something like "get in the kitchen"... obviously the first one is, in terms of degrees, much closer to the ideology than the second one is. That said, I only differentiate that consciously. The kitchen comment weighs on me disproportionately heavily, because I'm not just looking at the comment itself, but what it represents (that someone views me as cattle). When it comes to how things I experience weigh on me, I don't see the practical differences all that well, the matters of degrees, that is. I really only see the ideology behind the comment. Regardless of whether or not the speaker holds that ideology. And if they don't, I project the ideology onto them = delusional.

The above was a purely hypothetical example. If someone told me to get in the kitchen, I would just brush it off.

*The view that there are similarities between mistreatment of cattle and women in society is a view that I've seen some people hold, and I would consider that an underlying trend. I have many examples like this of views that I personally came up with, based on my "seeing through" my experiences/reality, but to avoid identifying myself or getting over-emotional I've stuck to using someone else's view :P. With my own views, I get these paralyzing fears, before I reality-check them and try to convince myself that this is not based in reality. OR IS IT???? That is why I am always so paranoid, I cannot tell myself that what I "see" (my fears) are not based in reality. But it's also why I can be so delusionally optimistic sometimes, I feel like (but don't consciously believe) things that have a tiny chance of happening WILL HAPPEN and sometimes they can be really good things!

Yes, all of the above paranoia can be reversed just as well, for delusional happiness sometimes! I just prefer to write about the paranoia 'cause it's funny to think of how paranoid I was in the past hahaha.

I feel crazy now.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I haven't read much of the rest of this, and I may be a little biased, but your last two posts shout Ne-dominance (or at least auxillary) to me. I'm not seeing much Se from you at all.

I could go into more depth on this if you'd like, but basically I am seeing xNxP at this point.
    Interesting. Last time a bunch of people said INFP. My dad says INTP (but he doesn't know function theory, and I'm enneagram 5 so I probably look T-ish even if I'm F)

Thank you. More depth is appreciated of course but don't feel obligated, especially if you are busy or what not.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

All Natural! All Good!

Default Inclusion, control, affection

So I saw Eric B's thread about temperament by inclusion, control, and affection...

Using these reports, I think:

Inclusion: Phlegmatic but I'm not at all slow-paced

Control:
    Sanguine-Phlegmatic except that I don't care about being liked
    Choleric but I'm only controlling if others try to control me first (then I'll control them just enough to get them out of my life)
    Phlegmatic-Choleric except I don't desire a lot of recognition

Affection: Phlegmatic-Choleric seemed to fit fairly well.

I'm usually very independent and don't want other people intruding on my personal decisions. But if I'm working on something alongside other people, I won't try to take control of all decisions for the entire project. I am fairly collaborative with that.

I seem to have I/E balance

I am also not very conflict avoidant, unless it's physical or could get physical, then I avoid it because I don't want to get hurt :P. But if it's just an argument, I don't shy away, I might even say I thrive off of conflict sometimes.

I'm just leaving this here, no one feel obligated to respond.
    So eat it, you should.