User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default What type is Sy?

Okay, why have I been testing as NTP (mostly ENTP) so frequently lately. I try to be as truthful as possible.

The truth is that I don't seem to share so many classical ENFP characteristics with my supposed ENFP brethren. I'm don't ooze charisma. I almost never excited about anything. I'm not a natural flirt (I'm not great with girls). I'm not nice and make people feeling comfortable (often the opposite). I'm almost 24 and still live with my parents and never left my hometown (although I want to). I place a great amount of value in logic and making sound decisions and conclusions. I'm the first guy to point out a flaw in your logic in a conversation. I'm very contrarian. I'm not impulsive. I avoid making mistakes that might screw up my life, like the plague.

On the other hand, I believe values are very important for me. More so than to the majority of ENFPs in this forum it kinda seems. And I feel empathy towards others.

So wtf is the deal here anyway? Is empathy/values exclusive to ENFPs anyway? Can't I just be an ENTP with feelings? What say you guys?

Forget everything I just said and tell me, how do my posts sound to you. How would YOU type me?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

ENFP. I've seen you around and wondered the same thing myself but..ENFP. I think you have a serious Te-stick up your ass at times and you use it as a bulldozer at times and I believe your Fi-values feed it, and since they are usually highly personal they could account for the atypical shit you listed. You don't flirt coz you're too busy getting things done(Te), but you moan more about values than *any* NTJ I've ever seen. Hell, many of those atypical things are things you actually moan about, such as flirting. You consider it unethical, as much as you seem to find compromise a betrayal of authenticity, and are therefore unwilling to accomodate others, be warm and friendly towards them, I'd say. I'd say you heavily rely on NeTe, fueled by very black and white Fi. Even this need to compare yourself to other ENFPs to fit into the box, is kinda inferior Si, I'd say..

But that's just me. *shrug*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    ENFP. I've seen you around and wondered the same thing myself but..ENFP. I think you have a serious Te-stick up your ass at times and you use it as a bulldozer at times and I believe your Fi-values feed it, and since they are usually highly personal they could account for the atypical shit you listed. You don't flirt coz you're too busy getting things done(Te), but you moan more about values than *any* NTJ I've ever seen. Hell, many of those atypical things are things you actually moan about, such as flirting. You consider it unethical, as much as you seem to find compromise a betrayal of authenticity, and are therefore unwilling to accomodate others, be warm and friendly towards them, I'd say. I'd say you heavily rely on NeTe, fueled by very black and white Fi. Even this need to compare yourself to other ENFPs to fit into the box, is kinda inferior Si, I'd say..

But that's just me. *shrug*
    At bolded - getting shit done like what? I'm a bum.

You are painting me in a very close-minded way . I have no more problem accommodating others than you do. Certainly based on what you "know" of me I don't. I don't get hate PMs. Well, there was this one tantrum, but apart from that I think I get along just fine with posters around here.

As for moaning about values I dunno what qualifies my opinions as "moans" when compared to anybody else, nor do I exactly get the NTJ reference. I find compromise a betrayal of authenticity for myself, not for others. And aren't everyone's values highly personal? Isn't that the whole deal with Fi anyway?

I like the new Satine though. Certainly has no BS stick up her ass. Thanks for your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Lol, I saw the movie but I don't remember it too well to reel at the implication.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You seem pretty ENFP to me. I don't really know why. Except that ENFPs seem to come in a rainbow of colors and flavors.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    So wtf is the deal here anyway? Is empathy/values exclusive to ENFPs anyway? Can't I just be an ENTP with feelings? What say you guys?
    Not exclusive to ENFPs. I consider myself quite empathetic and like to think I have morals and values but I'm not comfortable comforting others I go straight to wanting to fix their problem thus avoiding emoting, and my morals/values are never set in stone.

Forget everything I just said and tell me, how do my posts sound to you. How would YOU type me?
    Honestly not sure, Sy. You do seem to focus things through your own lense which I could associate with Fi but I've never had a strong ENFP read on you.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Except that ENFPs seem to come in a rainbow of colors and flavors.
    I get that feel too. ENFPs have a lot of variety in how they present on the forum.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

At bolded - getting shit done like what? I'm a bum.

You are painting me in a very close-minded way . I have no more problem accommodating others than you do. Certainly based on what you "know" of me I don't. I don't get hate PMs. Well, there was this one tantrum, but apart from that I think I get along just fine with posters around here.

As for moaning about values I dunno what qualifies my opinions as "moans" when compared to anybody else, nor do I exactly get the NTJ reference. I find compromise a betrayal of authenticity for myself, not for others. And aren't everyone's values highly personal? Isn't that the whole deal with Fi anyway?

I like the new Satine though. Certainly has no BS stick up her ass. Thanks for your opinion.
    Relax dude, the only reason you got what you call 'bs-free Satine' is coz this thread called for it. I also assumed that you realized I don't know you that well as we don't exactly 'hang', so that you'd keep in mind that this was a crude and honest draft of how I perceive you. I'm just mentioning what I've seen so far. I'm fully aware though I'm missing the full context, since I never really had a one on one with you. And normally I refuse to give an opinion like this, since it's unfinished...unless the person has specifically asked for it

What I meant with getting things done is also protecting what you consider important and standing up for your opinion, etc. And the moaning of values...I used moaning in a slightly playful way, but apparently that wasn't clear. NFs are known for caring about values and discussing them at length. You do that. And it's considered moaning and whining by some NTs on here
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    You seem pretty ENFP to me. I don't really know why. Except that ENFPs seem to come in a rainbow of colors and flavors.
    Can I be gray?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Not exclusive to ENFPs. I consider myself quite empathetic and like to think I have morals and values but I'm not comfortable comforting others I go straight to wanting to fix their problem thus avoiding emoting, and my morals/values are never set in stone.
    Yeah, me too (to the bolded). But my values are kind of set in stone. If I didn't have my values....how could I have a personality even? I think I'd be a hedonistic anarchistic nihilist...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Honestly not sure, Sy. You do seem to focus things through your own lense which I could associate with Fi but I've never had a strong ENFP read on you.
    Could you clarify what you mean by focusing things through my own lens? That kinda goes against what I'm usually known for (looking at the other side, often NOT my own).

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    What I meant with getting things done is also protecting what you consider important and standing up for your opinion, etc. And the moaning of values...I used moaning in a slightly playful way, but apparently that wasn't clear. NFs are known for caring about values and discussing them at length. You do that. And it's considered moaning and whining by some NTs on here
    You just made me wonder if there is such a thing as a person with too many opinions on too many things.... Maybe that's how I would describe myself. I very rarely not know what I think about something. It's almost impossible. I wonder if that is what makes me unlikable or seem judging to some people....I don't know what would be any healthier a stance though...I can't just erase my opinions from my head (specially since I pride myself on have very thorough lines of reasoning to get to them) and it's not like I don't know how to shut up about them...

It's funny you say that about NTs though, because IRL I've found them to be the most receptive to my thorough moral analysis of life. NFs find me too detached in my conclusions and tend to sound very SF compared to me (less abstract and theoretical and analytical and more driven by experience).

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I too almost know always what I think about something unless I've really not given it thought before..unlikely though. And, when I was younger (not to sound cliche ), I defended those views strongly, also in part becoz of the environment I was raised in. There's nothing wrong with that, but yeah, it can make you seem arrogant and judgemental, I've discovered. Over the years I've also discovered that things aren't as black and white, as much as I would sometimes want them to be. There's another side to the story, often, one which adds shades of grey. Overall, it's frustrating and tiresome to add those shades of grey in, but I've found them to be useful to navigate this world better. And, to give me a better understanding of [insert subject that I had a strong opinion on]. Its not that I change my opinion as such, just the vigour with which I defend it, and the absoluteness of it. I can see how it would not be the same for others, how different things are important to others and I can see the value in their pov. That automatically somewhat adds a couple of shades of grey to your own opinion. And no..it doesn't mean losing yourself, I've found it to enrich how I think, really.

*shrugs* That's just how I roll these days though.

As for the NT's, I can see them taking your bluntness the best, as they themselves probably feel relieved they can do the same around you
    What I was referring to is that NTs usually have limited patience for discussing morals and ethics
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★