• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stuck in IxTP Limbo

What type is Sas?

• Total voters

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
the fact that you care so much about figuring out your type doesn't seem very ISTPish to me :huh:

IxTJ seems more likely

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
the fact that you care so much about figuring out your type doesn't seem very ISTPish to me :huh:

IxTJ seems more likely
To the contrary,I had considerable anguish in attempting to determine my true type. At some point I became very frustrated with the system in general, seeing the many flaws.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ps who grew up in especially J households tend to test a bit more J. Our upbringing has a huge influence on our preferences for cleanliness and orderliness, and the tests do indeed tend to put too much weight on these for determining J or P....

Plus, a TP who is placed in a situation where they're constantly overridden and pressured by J influences could easily become "more decisive" simply in order to push back and solidify their boundaries.

(FPs could too, but out of the three Horney anxiety-reducing responses, I am betting that TP's are more likely to either withdraw or move against/push back, and FP's are more likely to move towards/accommodate in some way.)

the fact that you care so much about figuring out your type doesn't seem very ISTPish to me :huh: IxTJ seems more likely

I can't tell whether this is a joke or if you are serious.

(Dry senses of humor... yeesh.)

He seems fine to me, that aspect is not a Silver Bullet.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I make more sense as an ISTJ than a highly abnormal ISTP.

*shrug* You didn't seem that abnormal to me.

But it's your type reading.

(And besides, if you're really an ISTP, you'll just change your mind later.)

sassafrassquatch

You also have to take into account that the way I behave on the internet is very different from the way I am in meatspace.

Edit: w00t! 300th post!

Last edited:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do ISTJs even USE computers when not at work?

sassafrassquatch

From similarminds.com's Jung descriptions:

ISTJ

responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, thinks rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working

ISTP

hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate (to a girlfriend, yes, everyone else, no), loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermitic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering

Not much difference there.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Both of these use Si:

The 16 Type Patterns

ISTJ - Planner Inspector
Theme is planning and monitoring, ensuring predictable quality. Thorough, systematic, and careful. See discrepancies, omissions, and pitfalls. Talents lie in administrating and regulating. Dependable, realistic, and sensible. Want to conserve the resources of the organization, group, family, or culture and persevere toward that goal. Thrive on planning ahead and being prepared. Like helping others through their roles as parent, supervisor, teammate, and community volunteer.

ISFJ - Protector Supporter
Theme is protecting and caretaking, making sure their charges are safe from harm. Talents lie in making sure everything is taken care of so others can succeed and accomplish their goals. Desiring to serve individual needs, often work long hours. Quietly friendly, respectful, unassuming. Thrive on serving quietly without fanfare. Devoted to doing whatever is necessary to ensure shelter and safety, warning about pitfalls and dangers and supporting along the way.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Just reviewing your lingo, the average person would say that you and I do not write like our respective types. I notice that you use a great deal of slang that describes tangibleness. This only indicates that there is a great deal of misperceptions used to describe types. In the end Sass, it still boils down to preferences. If you are comfortable with ISTJ then explore that type to a conclusion and as a 6w5, realize that there is no 100% in dealing with type. I am glad that you're on the right path.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I will make fool out of myself, but I would like to suggest another option. Have you ever thought of INTJ ? The reason I am asking is this:if not knowing whether you are S or N really bothers you, if you feel that you MUST settle this, it might be very well that you are J. I personally know a professional MBTI practitioner, who says she cannot figure out whether she is INFP or ISFP, and it does not seem to bother her the slightest. She even has INFP/ISFP on her email signature and her business card. Ps can deal with this kind of ambivalence much easier thant Js.

Also, I have noticed that your posts are usually very short and to the point, while Ps tend to write longer and more complex posts (need to bring in a few more perspectives....).

As for S vs. N: if you hang out in this kind of forum, and if you are not definitely sure about your type, the most likely answer is IN.
He brings up an interesting point.