25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTP

20 80.00%
  • INTP

5 20.00%
First 456

From similarminds.com's Jung descriptions:

ISTJ

responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, thinks rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working

ISTP

hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate (to a girlfriend, yes, everyone else, no), loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermitic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering
    Not much difference there.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I think computers appeal to all IxTx types to some degree.
    Was that an IT joke?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Was that an IT joke?
    Yeah. I noticed that, too!

An ISTJ's dominant function is Si and this page is spot on for me.

I'm feeling much more certain about being an ISTJ now.

MBTI
    INTJ

Both of these use Si:

The 16 Type Patterns

ISTJ - Planner Inspector
    Theme is planning and monitoring, ensuring predictable quality. Thorough, systematic, and careful. See discrepancies, omissions, and pitfalls. Talents lie in administrating and regulating. Dependable, realistic, and sensible. Want to conserve the resources of the organization, group, family, or culture and persevere toward that goal. Thrive on planning ahead and being prepared. Like helping others through their roles as parent, supervisor, teammate, and community volunteer.

ISFJ - Protector Supporter
    Theme is protecting and caretaking, making sure their charges are safe from harm. Talents lie in making sure everything is taken care of so others can succeed and accomplish their goals. Desiring to serve individual needs, often work long hours. Quietly friendly, respectful, unassuming. Thrive on serving quietly without fanfare. Devoted to doing whatever is necessary to ensure shelter and safety, warning about pitfalls and dangers and supporting along the way.

I rock the Te hard. ISFJ is Behind-The-Scenes and ISTJ is Chart-The-Course.

MBTI
    TiSe

Just reviewing your lingo, the average person would say that you and I do not write like our respective types. I notice that you use a great deal of slang that describes tangibleness. This only indicates that there is a great deal of misperceptions used to describe types. In the end Sass, it still boils down to preferences. If you are comfortable with ISTJ then explore that type to a conclusion and as a 6w5, realize that there is no 100% in dealing with type. I am glad that you're on the right path.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    I will make fool out of myself, but I would like to suggest another option. Have you ever thought of INTJ ? The reason I am asking is this:if not knowing whether you are S or N really bothers you, if you feel that you MUST settle this, it might be very well that you are J. I personally know a professional MBTI practitioner, who says she cannot figure out whether she is INFP or ISFP, and it does not seem to bother her the slightest. She even has INFP/ISFP on her email signature and her business card. Ps can deal with this kind of ambivalence much easier thant Js.

Also, I have noticed that your posts are usually very short and to the point, while Ps tend to write longer and more complex posts (need to bring in a few more perspectives....).

As for S vs. N: if you hang out in this kind of forum, and if you are not definitely sure about your type, the most likely answer is IN.
    He brings up an interesting point.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles